Let's cut some grass in 2011. - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #91
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's cut some grass in 2011.

Head-case and pussy. He has tennis quality but has the worst head in top 100.
50:50 vs Murray? BUAHAHAHAHAHA. He is afraid like a little rabbit of top 5 players. If some xy player would play with the mask of Del Potro, Murray etc he would surely loose.

Last edited by petar_pan : 07-03-2012 at 10:30 PM.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #92
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

daddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Did you really expected him to win after playing for 5:30 hours 36 hours before? I'm very happy with his performance in past 3 weeks. He won 10 matches (inc Boodles) and run out of steam. for next few months he'll play on his favorite surface where his second s=works best so by the end of the year he can get to or close to top 10.
daddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #93
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy View Post
Did you really expected him to win after playing for 5:30 hours 36 hours before? I'm very happy with his performance in past 3 weeks. He won 10 matches (inc Boodles) and run out of steam. for next few months he'll play on his favorite surface where his second s=works best so by the end of the year he can get to or close to top 10.
That's it just avoiding of the true. He wasn't tired, just choked in the 1st set. After that everbody known he will loose in straights.
PS He was on a 8+3 matches won streak. So, it's 11 actually. He will need to win 2000 points or so to get to top 10 or near. In previous year he won bettween 500 and 1000 so I really don't see how he can do that.
He would need one more semis of AO and one semis of IW or Miami (or final of Dubai). So he can go back to top 10 with some really big run on some GS. He could do that with USO and this summer's tournaments. But I don't think he will make it at all.

Last edited by petar_pan : 07-03-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #94
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

daddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond repute

There's plenty of points given in Olympics (and they're played on grass, on which Marin did well this season.) He has no points to defend in 3 out of 4 masters, so that should help, if he has a good run in at least one of them. So far, summer in NY is hot and dry which should make US open even faster so he can have a good run there and he'll be in top 16th so 4th round should be realistic if not more, dependent on the draw. No points to defend in first 3 months and AO has always been his strongest tournament so that along with his good play gives me reason for the optimism.

Now if he would dump Bob Brett and get somebody who could help him with first serve and forehand...
Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #95
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
That's it just avoiding of the true. He wasn't tired, just choked in the 1st set. After that everbody known he fill loose in straights.
PS He was on oa 8+3 match won streak. So, it's 11 actually. He will need to win 2000 points or so to get to top 10 or near. In previous year he won bettween 500 and 1000 so I really don't see how he can do that.
He would need one more semis of AO and one semis of IW or Miami (or final of Dubai). So he can go back to top 10 with some really big run on some GS. He could do that with USO and this summer's tournaments. But I don't think he will make it at all.
are you even a fan of marin? because you are awfully hard on him if you are

instead of focusing on the nagtive focus on the positive: he won a title on grass, he got past the first round of wimbledon for the first time in 2 eyars and made it to the 2nd week of a slam for the first time in over a year. He also probably was still tired after that marathon with sam.

Andy is a match up issue for him , the only way he was winning this match was if he discovered his form from early 2009. He's not there yet but he's on his way back
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #96
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Yes, I have to say, he is in good form on, for first time, he is on his way back for his prime form. It's really good to see ha makes just a 0.7 UE's per game which is reall good for his tennis.
But his only problem is his head.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #97
country flag AncicCilic

AncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond repute

IMO he could have played better in his match against Murray. But if i look the whole grass season overall, he did quite well. If he keeps working on a few issues in his game and picks it up a bit more, i'm sure that in about 6-8 months time he can get back (or near) top 10.

Now on to Umag to try to defend pts from there and then it's time to go on to Marin's best surface.

P.S. Watch out for Donna Vekic and Borna Coric, 2020. Hopman cup winners. - posted in 2011, let's see if it happens
AncicCilic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #98
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncicCilic View Post
IMO he could have played better in his match against Murray. But if i look the whole grass season overall, he did quite well. If he keeps working on a few issues in his game and picks it up a bit more, i'm sure that in about 6-8 months time he can get back (or near) top 10.

Now on to Umag to try to defend pts from there and then it's time to go on to Marin's best surface.
Umag, Hamburg, London Olympics and then his favorite surface
Old 07-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #99
country flag AncicCilic

AncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond repute

Ah right.

Does anyone know they pts they are giving out in Olympics? Does the tournament have status of something like ATP 500 or?

P.S. Watch out for Donna Vekic and Borna Coric, 2020. Hopman cup winners. - posted in 2011, let's see if it happens
Old 07-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #100
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncicCilic View Post
Ah right.

Does anyone know they pts they are giving out in Olympics? Does the tournament have status of something like ATP 500 or?
Gold: 750
Silver: 450
Bronze: 340
SF: 270
QF: 135
R16: 70
R32: 35
R64: 5

So plenty of points being given. Best of 3 sets but I'm not sure about seeding, is it top 8 or 16?
Old 07-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #101
country flag AncicCilic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy View Post
Gold: 750
Silver: 450
Bronze: 340
SF: 270
QF: 135
R16: 70
R32: 35
R64: 5

So plenty of points being given. Best of 3 sets but I'm not sure about seeding, is it top 8 or 16?
Thanks.

And i'd presume 16 considering how many players participate.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #102
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

The real question is, does he want to reach for the real top with a chance of becoming top 6/7 or so, or does he want to remain like this and wander around place 12-15?

If he wants to go for the real top, he has to start taking a lot more risk in his game, which could also lead to early losses against lesser players, but could also lead to wins against top players.
If he keeps playing like this year so far, more or less solid and decent, he will scrape lots of points by winning on percentage play against smaller guys, but with that style he won't beat top guys (see Murray match).

I'd like to see him go for broke in the next year or so, and assign Ivanisevic as coach. He is THE man to help him with that.
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #103
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

So here we are again...
Old 06-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #104
croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Bad draw in Queens IMO
Old 06-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #105
country flag cilomania

cilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond repute

official: Marin will work with Ivanisevic next 2 weeks.there is posibility to continue work together after wimbledon. http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/cil...er/682404.aspx
cilomania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote