Let's cut some grass in 2011. - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #16
country flag AncicCilic

AncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's cut some grass in 2011.

Exactly, win is a win. I'm not too satisfied with his play today, was quite annoyed with the lack of follow-ups after good shots. By that i mean lack of going to the net, but that improved a bit in the 3rd set. Also, 1st serve percentage was standardly low.
Hope he will play a bit better tommorow, he will need to if he expects to win.

Also, it's worth noting that with this run to the final he will improve few spots in the rank (4 spots up), but maybe even more important he managed to jump from projected 26th seed at Wimby at the start of the tournament into 17-24 seeds group. That should help him a bit there and hopefully he makes a good run.

C'mon!

P.S. Watch out for Donna Vekic and Borna Coric, 2020. Hopman cup winners. - posted in 2011, let's see if it happens
AncicCilic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #17
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

got the title but by default
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #18
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

daddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncicCilic View Post
Exactly, win is a win. I'm not too satisfied with his play today, was quite annoyed with the lack of follow-ups after good shots. By that i mean lack of going to the net, but that improved a bit in the 3rd set. Also, 1st serve percentage was standardly low.
Hope he will play a bit better tommorow, he will need to if he expects to win.

Also, it's worth noting that with this run to the final he will improve few spots in the rank (4 spots up), but maybe even more important he managed to jump from projected 26th seed at Wimby at the start of the tournament into 17-24 seeds group. That should help him a bit there and hopefully he makes a good run.

C'mon!
I hope they seed him at 16th due to winning a grass title.
daddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #19
country flag AncicCilic

AncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy View Post
I hope they seed him at 16th due to winning a grass title.
Unfortunately i believe he can be max 19 unless someone quits. Hope i'm mistaken.

P.S. Watch out for Donna Vekic and Borna Coric, 2020. Hopman cup winners. - posted in 2011, let's see if it happens
Old 06-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #20
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

daddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncicCilic View Post
Unfortunately i believe he can be max 19 unless someone quits. Hope i'm mistaken.
He was suppose to be seeded 17 but Monfils withdrew so he's 16th seed and Delpo is 9th.

This should be a very good tournament for him as I don't see who can bother him until the 4th round. His form is picking up and I have a good feeling he'll go far.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #21
country flag AncicCilic

Thanks for the info, that's brilliant news.

I agree with you that we should expect atleast R4 which would bring him a lot of pts considering that he lost in R1 last year.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #22
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Atleast R4? But he would play vs top 4 player in R4, am I right? So he doesn't have any chance for quaters. Btw, there are alot tough opponents he can meet in R3: Tomic, Gasquet and Raomic. So...
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #23
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If Djokovic and Delpo are on the other side of the draw he has very good chance to go far. In R3 it's either Dolgo, Tomic, Seppi or Raonic. Dolgo is the one i fear the most as he takes Marin's second serve early and fires away the other 3 don't have much chance in best of 5

Marin thrives on confidence and so far he had perfect grass season winning even on exhibition.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #24
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Djokovic and Delpo are on the other side of the draw he has very good chance to go far. In R3 it's either Dolgo, Tomic, Seppi or Raonic. Dolgo is the one i fear the most as he takes Marin's second serve early and fires away the other 3 don't have much chance in best of 5

Marin thrives on confidence and so far he had perfect grass season winning even on exhibition.
You think he would beat Federer, Nadal or Murray in R4? No way, unfortunately.

Raonic is very dangerous, but I think Marin would pass him but Tomic is really great on grass and Marin almost lost to him in best of 5 once. So...

Last edited by petar_pan : 06-21-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #25
country flag AncicCilic

Marin's quarter of the draw:

[7]Ferrer v Brown
De Schepper v Bachinger
Odesnik v Phau
J.Baker v [30]Roddick
[19]Nishikori v Kukushkin
Kuznetsov v Serra
Soeda v Kunitsyn
Haase v [9]Del Potro

[16]Cilic v Stebe
Ito v Kubot
Pospisil v Querrey
Giraldo v [21]Raonic
[32]Anderson v Dimitrov
Montanes v Baghdatis
Karlovic v Sela
Davydenko v [4]Murray

Old 06-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #26
country flag AncicCilic

IMO two must-wins and then we shall see...

Raonic is really dangerous but Marin has a good H2H against big servers. Also, of course Murray is the best choice of top 4 in R4.

C'mon Marin.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #27
country flag petar_pan

Now we will see how he will get to the quaters, like you guys say.
I would be the happiest, but...

He almost finished in Nishikori/Ferrer section (one section above). Pitty he isn't, that would be chance for quaters. Off course, Del Potro is in that section.

It will be very tough vs Raonic. If he pass that he will choke like always vs top players. Pitty because he has great potential.

Last edited by petar_pan : 06-22-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #28
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Now we will see how he will get to the quaters, like you guys say.
I would be the happiest, but...

He almost finished in Nishikori/Ferrer section (one section above). Pitty he isn't, that would be chance for quaters. Off course, Del Potro is in that section.

It will be very tough vs Raonic. If he pass that he will choke like always vs top players. Pitty because he has great potential.
Not happy with Marin being in Delpo's quarter but otherwise it's not a bad draw. Marin can play against Murray who'll first has to pass Donkey, Karlovic, Anderson. What bothers me the most it's the cold and wet condition which will slow the courts even further.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #29
country flag petar_pan

Quote:
Not happy with Marin being in Delpo's quarter but otherwise it's not a bad draw. Marin can play against Murray who'll first has to pass Donkey, Karlovic, Anderson. What bothers me the most it's the cold and wet condition which will slow the courts even further.
He can play, but he can't win. He will stop with choking when he will be mature. So, with 27 years. Pitty, but it's just how it is.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #30
country flag AncicCilic

I don't know where you saw the mention of atleast QF, but i won't complain if it happens.