Grigor on the Grass - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-08-2011, 06:21 AM   #31
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor on the Grass

C'mon, the boy is trying to find his feet in the big-boy tournaments. It won't be easy, considering the current top 50. Other 'once-young-talents' (De Bakker, Cilic, Gulbis) also have had their rise and fall. I'm not saying I'm not mad/disappointed but I understand that Grigor will have to 'grow up' mentally and physically at his own pace. We'll just have to enjoy the ride, oh and the view.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 06:21 AM   #32
country flag RandyE

RandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond repute

How can he go from being in total control to losing five games in a row? I just don't get it. Mental toughness and the willingness to break down his opponents' weaknesses are the two things he's yet to master. Until then we'll continue seeing these sorts of total breakdowns. I hope he doesn't go the way of Gulbis and never recover from these early setbacks - he's just too talented!!
RandyE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #33
country flag Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair, his match play recently has been very normal for someone who is in the transitional phase in his career. He is still very young for a top-100 player, and has yet to play enought pro-level matches to build up a bank of experience to pull him through these match situations. He is obviously gifted with great technique, but is still learning the mental aspects. The facts are he was a set and tie-break up against a higher ranked player than him, but Bellucci's experience of match-play at this level meant he was able to win it. To me it looked like a very normal match of shot-making ability versus experience.
With that out of the way, he is set to play in Eastbourne next week, so it will be great for him to get some more grass court practice and match practice before Wimbledon. Also, i hope to get to Wimbledon again this year so, if it all works out, i'll be sure to grab some pictures for you guys =]

Mephi x
Mephistopheles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #34
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

i realise i have been very irrational in saying im taking a break with him..it is just very hard when a player you like is losing so often..and crumbling when he's challenged or blowing chances to win matches

i just need to have more patience with him
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #35
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that was a bad loss and after he was 3-6 down in the tiebreak and besides that managed to get ahead at 7-6 and serving for the match I was sure that the match was over, but then ... He has to start fighting even harder in those matches. When he lost the 2 set he should of play even better in the third just to get the win, but he went down and he lost a match that was his. I'm angry not for the loss, but for the chance he missed. Now Bellucci is in the third round and I'm sure that if Grisho had won he would of gone at least that far in this tournament. But it's over so lets hope he will have a good draw at Eastbourne and he will win some matches before his favourite tourney Wimbledon. Good luck!

Singles: [Rank: #24, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #102, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #36
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

my turn around comes from my support of marsel..i realise that marsel has alot of very frustrating losses to and how can i support him but not grigor?..
Old 06-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #37
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

It's time for Eastbourne. Here he should finally stop the losing streak. He will play versus Daniel Evans in the first round. Here is Grisho's quarter:

[3] Janko Tipsarevic (SRB) vs. [SE] James Ward (GBR)
Mikhail Kukushkin (KAZ) vs. Yen-Hsun Lu (TPE)
Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) vs. [wc] Daniel Evans (GBR)
Qualifier vs. [6] Kevin Anderson (RSA)

Old 06-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #38
country flag misty1
Banned!

first round is definately winnable

2nd round v.s anderson will be very difficult though
Old 06-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #39
country flag rudylegh

rudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond reputerudylegh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
first round is definately winnable

2nd round v.s anderson will be very difficult though

Is Grass one of best surfaces for Grigor? he is a Wimbledon Junior winner, but I am not sure.

Any case if he is would be in good form, he has chances vs Anderson too
rudylegh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #40
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully he will win his R1 match!

good luck, Grisho!

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #41
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #42
country flag kr1s71an

Grisho will play doubles as well. That's good! He need more matches before Wimbledon. Here is his part of the draw:

[1] Rohan Bopanna /Aisam-Ul=Hag Qureshi (IND/PAK)
Pablo Andujar / Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP)

Grigor Dimitrov / Andreas Seppi (BUL/ITA)
Carlos Berlocq / Franco Ferreiro (ARG/BRA)

Old 06-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #43
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudylegh View Post
Is Grass one of best surfaces for Grigor? he is a Wimbledon Junior winner, but I am not sure.

Any case if he is would be in good form, he has chances vs Anderson too
It is hard to say so this is his best surface even if he had won the junior Wimbledon. He considers hard corts his favorite.

The problem is Grigor has been in a litle mental slump recently with few loses in R1. What could be tricky in the match with Evans is the fact Grigor has two very bad loses from him something like - 6-0 6-1 and 6-2 6-3 as a junior. Of course that was a long time ago, but there is this factor when someone comes into your mind...Hopefuly he is ready for a revange now and will pull this out! Good luck!

Doubles with Seppi

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis

Last edited by nadejda : 06-11-2011 at 11:11 PM.
nadejda is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:15 AM   #44
country flag RandyE

RandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond repute

First round should be a win, with the second round an expected tough match vs Anderson - we'll see if he can surprise us!
RandyE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #45
country flag kr1s71an

I don't know why but I see him reaching his second 1/4 final here