Welcome to grass 2011 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #61
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welcome to grass 2011

I really enjoyed the match. Arnaud made a really funny point. He slipped when he was close to the net and then he wanted to get up again, but saw the ball coming back at him. So he just sat there and returned. Then he got up and Peya's return went out.
At some point I was a bit scared for him, because both weren't playing their best and since Arnaud played on his favorite court (#3, 2 years ago it was the court with too little linesmen, ballkids, etc) he was complaining quite some times. And the lineswoman who called the serve seemed to be blind. We sat across of her and saw a few balls in which she called out and also the other way around. Other people in the audience agreed with Arnaud most of the time on those calls, but the umpire never overruled. Luckily she also made mistakes when the serves where actually out. Peya also had 3 foot faults, but I believe those. He gets really close to the baseline when serving. But overall he was happy on court and he also said his shoulder is doing much better.
In the second set Serra, Mannarino and someone I don't know joined Boris to cheer for Arnaud.

Last edited by Kezzi : 06-12-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #62
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice you enjoyed your day despite the 30€ and it's good you spoke with him after a win surely he's surely more talkative. The other guy with Flo and Adrian was maybe Olivier Ramos the other coach no ?
The way you reported the linewoman story makes it really funny On center court they have hawk eye i think so he shouldn't have problems with blind linewoman

On the Nos website we can see extract of his finals in 2002 in 2003 vs Schalken. It's fun to watch almost ten years after.

http://nos.nl/video/246506-2002-scha...-rosmalen.html
http://nos.nl/video/246653-2003-scha...-rosmalen.html
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #63
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Kezzi for report and Soulage for videos! I don't remember when i saw some Clement's highlights the last time...It's like a new holiday
ARNAUD CLEMENT
Xavier Malisse Janko Tipsarevic
Stanislas Wawrinka - Brian Baker - Roger Federer - Daniel Evans - Alexandr Dolgopolov - Gilles Simon - Lleyton Hewitt - Richard Berankis - Ernests Gulbis - Mikhail Youzhny - Nicolas Mahut - Oli Rochus - James Blake - Fabio Fognini - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Paul-Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo - Danai Udomchoke
Fabrice Santoro - Marat Safin - Nicolas Lapentti - Sebastian Grosjean - Andy Roddick

Last edited by Fat Camel : 06-12-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:36 AM   #64
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Did you take a look at the entry list? in qualies there weren't even enough players, cause I can't think of another reason for Lux to enter. He's Begemanns coach and doesn't even have a singles ranking
I don't think €30 is normal for a day where mostly qualies are still played and you don't have a choice to buy groundtickets. If you look at Halle you have several choices, depends on where you want to sit and they sell groundtickets for €10. Which is very cheap, cause they always have an amazing show program next to the tennis. Rotterdam also is cheaper cause they sell day and evening sessions separately.
Anyway, we are here and we saw Arnaud practice with Mahut. Now we are hanging around waiting for his match to start.
no i did not, nor the daily schedule. just comparing with an average ticket on an average day here. if the entire day is qualies, the day's free.

like i said before, the fields in these wimbledon warm ups look surprisingly weak. so some players still think grass is for cows? lol

these days if we can see arno, and arno wins too, the ticket is priceless
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:35 AM   #65
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe that's my mistake, I compare it to other tournaments I visit and their focus is on the visitors. Halle even offered discounts for next year, cause Federer withdrew. In Rosmalen at least half of the people are invited by the sponsors and center court is almost empty most of the time. Yesterday Arnaud was more popular than Hanescu - Dodig's first round on center. They concentrated on the wta this year an because they got Clijsters, they couldn't even offer Stako enough to defend his title. And if someone's not interested in money, it's him. But this year there's no challenge for these players, other people already sarcastically wondered if they put clay there when seeing the entry list. I think Arnaud has pretty good chances here if he gets past Baghdatis.

But you're right, seeing Arnaud's happy face is priceless.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #66
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

from 4-1* up to 4-5* down What he shows in first games was interesting since Marcos woke up and Arno's first serve left him

finally lost that set 6/7(4) missed a good chance there

Last edited by soulage : 06-13-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #67
country flag Kezzi

I'm watching on stream
I hope he can fight back. Allez Arnaud!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:40 PM   #68
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

He double faulted twice in the lost service game in the second set.

Last three games on Baghdatis serve it was 0-30 0-30 15-30, but then one close rally and good serves by Marcos Grenelmayr, Gabashvili, Volandri - all are in the second round of a grass tournament, and Arnaud is out...So pity.
ARNAUD CLEMENT
Xavier Malisse Janko Tipsarevic
Stanislas Wawrinka - Brian Baker - Roger Federer - Daniel Evans - Alexandr Dolgopolov - Gilles Simon - Lleyton Hewitt - Richard Berankis - Ernests Gulbis - Mikhail Youzhny - Nicolas Mahut - Oli Rochus - James Blake - Fabio Fognini - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Paul-Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo - Danai Udomchoke
Fabrice Santoro - Marat Safin - Nicolas Lapentti - Sebastian Grosjean - Andy Roddick
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #69
country flag soulage

I missed most of that second set but the scenario looks a bit like in their match last year in IW.

Arno demonstrated good things during the first set but he missed from some good serves at the crucial moments to confort his lead. This first set was really a missed opportunity by Arno. The level was really more interesting than against Cilic but Arno remains fragile on his own service due often to a second serve who seems an offering for his opponent . Well pity for that match and pity for that draw .
Old 06-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #70
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Camel View Post
( Grenelmayr, Gabashvili, Volandri - all are in the second round of a grass tournament, and Arnaud is out...So pity.
Yes with the draw of Kravchuk he could have go far away and win points. The level of Arno has improved but his ranking go down he could be around 180# after Wim

Well that's tennis next match in Wimbledon next week.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #71
country flag Kezzi

I'm sad he lost. At first I expected him to play on Tuesday, because of his qualifying match yesterday. Maybe it would have been better if he had a day of rest. But who knows? Now he can stay for practice with Nico and go far at Wimbledon.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #72
country flag soulage

I don't think he was tired. In his post match analysis on his facebook http://www.facebook.com/arnaudclemen...95860957128605 He's stresses that his serve has been too much irregular today that's so tue. He says he will train and will go in Wimbldeon on friday.

During the match I spotted Flo, Nico, Boris and Ramos and it seems he had a really racket bag today
Old 06-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #73
country flag Kezzi

Yes, he also had a head racket bag yesterday.
I hope he does well at Wimbledon
Old 06-14-2011, 12:48 AM   #74
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Maybe that's my mistake, I compare it to other tournaments I visit and their focus is on the visitors. Halle even offered discounts for next year, cause Federer withdrew. In Rosmalen at least half of the people are invited by the sponsors and center court is almost empty most of the time. Yesterday Arnaud was more popular than Hanescu - Dodig's first round on center. They concentrated on the wta this year an because they got Clijsters, they couldn't even offer Stako enough to defend his title. And if someone's not interested in money, it's him. But this year there's no challenge for these players, other people already sarcastically wondered if they put clay there when seeing the entry list. I think Arnaud has pretty good chances here if he gets past Baghdatis.
gosh that doesn't sound bright for summer tennis. here in january, we are regularly full to the brim. maybe because there're cheap ground passes, people are just out for a good time. we don't have strong aussie players, and little tv coverage for the rest of the year. the local tennis courts are empty. tennis is just going down the drain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Camel View Post
Grenelmayr, Gabashvili, Volandri - all are in the second round of a grass tournament, and Arnaud is out...So pity.
really is weak

well at least wimbledon is next and i'll see some free tennis on large screen
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #75
country flag soulage

When you look at the semi-final line up in Eastbourne and Rosmalen you can feel regrets

Wimbledon draw is out but we still don't know his opponent who will be a qualifier or a LL. Some are really good we'll see if he can avoid them He's in Nadal's half so he's sheduled to play on monday but with rain not sure about that. The forecast doesn't look very good for that first day. I listen the podcast of Carrement tennis yesterday and since his loss vs Baggy Arno was coming back in Paris where he was training on hardcourt in RG as we are friday he must be in or near London now.

Just look at double draw with Dlouhy they finally make it and play Haase/Skupski first round

Last edited by soulage : 06-17-2011 at 11:25 AM.