Welcome to grass 2011 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #46
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welcome to grass 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
As he has no more racket endorsement he has a new bag and it doesn't look like a professional one
nooo.... that's the worst part of your report! lol
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #47
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

I will try to find a pic of that bag in my records

Arnaud post match words posted on his social networks. He says that he regrets his bad start which costs him a lot i tottally agree. Playing a player of the level of Cilic help him to see what he must work. He announces that he'll go in s'Hertogenbosh to play the qualies.

All the text in french « Dommage ! Une mauvaise entame de match qui me coûte cher. En tout cas cela fait du bien de rencontrer un joueur de ce niveau sur gazon, çà me donne quelques repères sur les points que je dois encore améliorer ! Maintenant direction la Hollande ou je participe aux qualifications de l'Unicef Open ! Merci à tous pour vos messages et encouragements ! »
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #48
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it the dark blue lacoste bag with the big white crocodile on it?

And he's coming to Rosmalen. Does anyone know if they have byes like last year? Cause if they do, I don't know if it makes sense to go on Saturday. Last year pretty low ranked players got byes as well.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #49
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Isn't it the dark blue lacoste bag with the big white crocodile on it?
I'm speaking of his racket bag you know he had a head one a wilson one but this one no idea I will manage to find a capture of that bag

Quote:
And he's coming to Rosmalen. Does anyone know if they have byes like last year? Cause if they do, I don't know if it makes sense to go on Saturday. Last year pretty low ranked players got byes as well.
You means in qualies ? I think you can't know before the QD.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #50
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
I'm speaking of his racket bag you know he had a head one a wilson one but this one no idea I will manage to find a capture of that bag

You means in qualies ? I think you can't know before the QD.
He has a lacoste bag as well, though I don't know if he only used it in training. Will try to find it in my photo's, I must have a pic of it somewhere.
*found it, see attachment* He used it for his match as well, was 's-Herto 2008.

Yes, last year there were byes in qualies, but they didn't do it every year.
I will just have to keep Saturday and Sunday open then.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ordina Open 2008.jpg (212.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Kezzi : 06-08-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #51
country flag soulage

Quote:
He has a lacoste bag as well, though I don't know if he only used it in training. Will try to find it in my photo's, I must have a pic of it somewhere.
He gets this one but also a thermobag. I just transfered the streaming recording i made at work from me USB key to my PC and it's funny because i forgot to stop the recording and i got all the rain delay and a bit of murray on my video well i found a moment where we see it quite well but it was a streaming so poor capture. I add it on attechements. Did you ever see this racketbag ?

Quote:
Yes, last year there were byes in qualies, but they didn't do it every year.
I will just have to keep Saturday and Sunday open then.
yes sometimes not enough players so there byes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (17.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 06-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #52
country flag Kezzi

No I never saw it before, maybe I will see it in 's-Herto.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #53
country flag soulage

an article in lequipe today i'll try a summary cos some interestings things later but you can already that he did an infiltration on his elbow after RG

A little summary
He makes fun because he has been lobbed by a kicked serve of Marin About the injuries he says he can't complain as he has been not too much injured along his carreer that's why he has some problems to manage about that now. He received an infiltration on his elbow after RG and the shoulder is not fabulous either. He says that actually sometimes he asked himself during a match why he was there. During this doubtful moments he can't prevent himself to think about his current level and the level he had in the past.
He asked for the WC for Wimbledon but it was not obvious because last year he made reproaches to the organization about the scheduling about the doubles match with Nico even if he says that for him he stayed correct in his attitude despite his critics. He's touched by that WC as he was far away from the cut and so as we know he'll go in s'Hertogenbosh.

Last edited by soulage : 06-09-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: add a summary
Old 06-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #54
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

Arnaud won his 1st qualification match against Kadir : 6/3; 3/6; 6/2

60% 1st serve - 2 break points saved on 4 and 4 break points converted on 7.

Maybe Kezzi was there !?

(Next round against Peya.)
Old 06-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #55
country flag Kezzi

No I wasn't but I will be tomorrow, this tournament is ridiculously expensive. They don't sell groundtickets, so it will probably be €30 just to see Arnaud. They have such a crappy list and still think they are Wimbledon. It's the golddigger of tennis tournaments. If Arnaud wasn't there I wouldn't go. It used to be fun there, but they make it very difficult for students and other fans with less money. I really hope they don't get enough visitors this year, so that they are threatened with losing their licence like the Amersfoort tournament.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #56
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesliem View Post
Arnaud won his 1st qualification match against Kadir : 6/3; 3/6; 6/2

60% 1st serve - 2 break points saved on 4 and 4 break points converted on 7.

Maybe Kezzi was there !?

(Next round against Peya.)
Losing a set to Kadir Well he won Peya like Ram last week is more focus on his double carreer but as the skills to do well on grass with good serve and net game then he's not a fabulous player but losing a set to the unknown player leads to be careful Good luck for tomorrow

Quote:
No I wasn't but I will be tomorrow, this tournament is ridiculously expensive. They don't sell groundtickets, so it will probably be €30 just to see Arnaud.
30€ God They could do a special prize for qualies and when you look at the OOP nothing exciting on main courts I hope you'll see Arno and he will play good level for that prize

On the ATP site they listed the actives players with the more wins on grass http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...t-Leaders.aspx Arnaud in good position except Nadal and Murray all the others are around 30 yo.

and i just see that Arno missed the cut for doubles in Wimbledon for one spot http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=184465 He was signed up with Dlouhy.

Last edited by soulage : 06-11-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #57
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No I wasn't but I will be tomorrow, this tournament is ridiculously expensive. They don't sell groundtickets, so it will probably be €30 just to see Arnaud. They have such a crappy list and still think they are Wimbledon. It's the golddigger of tennis tournaments. If Arnaud wasn't there I wouldn't go. It used to be fun there, but they make it very difficult for students and other fans with less money. I really hope they don't get enough visitors this year, so that they are threatened with losing their licence like the Amersfoort tournament.
oh i love the new icons!

i hope you'll see arno. €30 is on par with tournaments here if not a ground pass. i think some asian tournaments charge even more... but then tennis there is for the rich and elite
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #58
country flag Kezzi

Did you take a look at the entry list? in qualies there weren't even enough players, cause I can't think of another reason for Lux to enter. He's Begemanns coach and doesn't even have a singles ranking
I don't think €30 is normal for a day where mostly qualies are still played and you don't have a choice to buy groundtickets. If you look at Halle you have several choices, depends on where you want to sit and they sell groundtickets for €10. Which is very cheap, cause they always have an amazing show program next to the tennis. Rotterdam also is cheaper cause they sell day and evening sessions separately.
Anyway, we are here and we saw Arnaud practice with Mahut. Now we are hanging around waiting for his match to start.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #59
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

He won 6\2 6\3! I Hope you enjoyed the match, Kezzi!

Now please, don't draw Arnaud with Malisse. The second half has three spots, and all of them are very good, put him there..
ARNAUD CLEMENT
Xavier Malisse Janko Tipsarevic
Stanislas Wawrinka - Brian Baker - Roger Federer - Daniel Evans - Alexandr Dolgopolov - Gilles Simon - Lleyton Hewitt - Richard Berankis - Ernests Gulbis - Mikhail Youzhny - Nicolas Mahut - Oli Rochus - James Blake - Fabio Fognini - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Paul-Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo - Danai Udomchoke
Fabrice Santoro - Marat Safin - Nicolas Lapentti - Sebastian Grosjean - Andy Roddick
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #60
country flag soulage

He gets Baghdatis well Marcos is not in the shape of his like but always tough more than Gabashvili . He's seed 2 there they'll play tomorrow afternoon on center court so streaming available.

It's good he already managed to qualify for the MD and good luck for tomorrow.