The Thread is Dead, Long Live The Thread!- RafaChat Vol 72 - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 02:42 AM   #76
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

I see Veronique is back to her old self, stubbornly disrupting the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Isn't it odd that a word whose derivation means blood, is an adjective meaning cheerful or optimistic? Just a thought.
It makes sense to me. Blood is bright red, a vibrant color, it flows through the body giving life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique View Post
I'll respectfully disagree then. That's against the spirit of the forum. Otherwise there would have been an invite system set up to that effect.

Oh btw, I was actually invited to this thread.
Who was it that invited you? Just curious.

Quote:
Hey! They let Canadians into this contest! I think there are three in the finals.

Youngest girl in in the competition just spelled apolaustic -- never heard of that word before.
It's a Greek word of course.

In Greek it means something that brings great delight and enjoyment.

Quote:
Read back.

Veronique didn't like what Andreea said about Gael. Andreea didn't like what Veronique said about not liking what she said. Veronique said tough.

This paraphrased, of course.
Veronique completely misunderstood Andreea's post which was sarcastic and was inspired by this:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=4535

When you're not a regular and you don't know people well, better be careful before you start picking fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Q) Bibberz View Post
I should be able to watch Rafa's match live since it's on first. I don't think I will be able to watch Federer/Nole, which is probably for the best. If Rafa wins his SF match, it would be best if Federer won as well because Rafa beating Federer in a slam final is always the best possible outcome. That's just my rational analysis, though. If I actually had to watch Federer/Nole, I would probably not be able to convince myself to root for Federer. (If I thought Rafa had zero chance against Nole, then I could do it, but I think Rafa can beat Nole--and that victory would be only slightly less sweet than beating Federer.)

If Rafa loses to Muzza (), I'll have to back Nole against Federer since I would have zero faith in Muzza beating Federer in the final. I would definitely support Muzza against either Nole or Federer in the final if it came to that.

If Rafa wins tomorrow and on Sunday, I don't know which scenario I prefer:

1. Rafa wins RG and keeps his no1 ranking.
2. Rafa wins RG and beats Djoko.

They're equally appealing. If Rafa loses in the final, losing to Federer and losing to Djokovic are equally unappealing. Consequently, I'm not going to root for anyone in the 2nd SF. As I said earlier I wish they could both lose.
Metis is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 02:45 AM   #77
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post
:
Girl from Toronto is in the last five.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique View Post
Move over basketball, the Spelling Bee is way more exciting.
I love the Bee. Did you see that little 10 year old girl? She was so cute and she was the last newbie standing, but that didn't stop her from crying in her mommy's arms.

The last girls are so tall and the boys are shrimps.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #78
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-03-2011, 02:59 AM   #79
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post

Veronique completely misunderstood Andreea's post which was sarcastic and was inspired by this:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=4535

When you're not a regular and you don't know people well, better be careful before you start picking fights.
I said earlier that it was a misunderstanding. I understand both sides of the dispute. But, it seems too complicated to explain each side to the other and I'm not sure the explanations would be welcomed, so I thought I'd just stay out of it. I like both people.

Quote:

If Rafa wins tomorrow and on Sunday, I don't know which scenario I prefer:

1. Rafa wins RG and keeps his no1 ranking.
2. Rafa wins RG and beats Djoko.
I think 2 is the best scenario.

Also -- sorry you can't sleep.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:01 AM   #80
country flag Metis

Aren't there any good songs about insomnia?

Old 06-03-2011, 03:04 AM   #81
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

There is nothing cheery about insomnia.

Unlike blood

Last boy OUT!! A girl is gonna win. But the Canadian is still there.

Now down to two. The Canadian and a girl from Pa.

The last boy was so cute -- very relaxed and funny.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:05 AM   #82
country flag Metis

Quote:
Also -- sorry you can't sleep.
I've been sleeping very poorly all week. Tonight I just can't sleep at all. It's really annoying because I have plans for Friday night and a very busy weekend.

I will look and feel like crap.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:08 AM   #83
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That would make an interesting signature.
I agree.

Quote:
It's a Greek word of course.

In Greek it means something that brings great delight and enjoyment.
Once again, you sound like the dad from My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Quote:
Last boy OUT!! A girl is gonna win. But the Canadian is still there.

Now down to two. The Canadian and a girl from Pa.
Girls FTW! (Especially Canadian girls. )
Old 06-03-2011, 03:11 AM   #84
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
I've been sleeping very poorly all week. Tonight I just can't sleep at all. It's really annoying because I have plans for Friday night and a very busy weekend.

I will look and feel like crap.
I feel for you. I've suffered.

Benadryl. That's what I take. Also drinking milk.

Also, I'm not like Maria. I need a full night's sleep.

Noooooooooooooooooo The canadian girl spelled the word wrong. Got a freekin greek word with an s sound at the beginning, and she put a p on it. ONLY greek origin word that doesn't have the p at the beginning.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:11 AM   #85
country flag Metis

Not to mention I injured my hip working out yesterday.

Such great luck the one time I was looking forward to a truly ...apolaustic weekend.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:12 AM   #86
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Sukanya is about to spell the last word. If she gets it right Bibbz will be thrilled.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:15 AM   #87
country flag Metis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post
Once again, you sound like the dad from My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Quote:
I feel for you. I've suffered.

Benadryl. That's what I take. Also drinking milk.

Also, I'm not like Maria. I need a full night's sleep.
Me too. I need at least 7 hours to function well.

I took a painkiller for my hip, I thought it would help me fall asleep too but no luck.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:15 AM   #88
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Not to mention I injured my hip working out yesterday.

Such great luck the one time I was looking forward to a truly ...apolaustic weekend.
I think the definition was enjoyment of employment in english -- not sure tho.

Poor Sukanya is about to have a nervous breakdown as she's being interviewed. She's so sweet. 14 years old and long and willowy. Her parents are so happy.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:17 AM   #89
country flag Veronique

Veronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond repute

Sukanya Roy!

No I didn't see the 10 yr old, Star. I wouldn't have remembered to watch it if you hadn't mentioned it.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:18 AM   #90
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:

Me too. I need at least 7 hours to function well.

I took a painkiller for my hip, I thought it would help me fall asleep too but no luck.
ohmygod. pain killers. I swear they put something in there to keep you awake. They have caused me to have such fitful sleep. Benadryl is key. But the problem is that by the time you realize you have wide awake insomnia, it's too damn late to take it. I used to always take it just in case on nights before I had something stressful the next day.
Closed Thread