All 3 at stake tomorrow: the streak, No1 position and RG 2011 title - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default All 3 at stake tomorrow: the streak, No1 position and RG 2011 title

If Djokovic loses to Federer his streak will be over so as his hopes of RG 2011 title. No1 position would be at stand by at least for a while.
I know the other three contenders also have their hopes and records to break but the pressure is clearly on Djokovic's shoulders. What do you think?
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All 3 at stake tomorrow: the streak, No1 position and RG 2011 title

I think all 4 have a lot of pressure, even though they aren't going to admit it. Rafa will want to stop "bleeding", Roger has great chance to get 2nd RG with Rafa not at his best, and Andy would probably want to turn around his slump
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute

The pressure will be higher in the final than tomorrow. I am pretty sure he prefers RG than the #1 position which means little right now.

ExcaliburII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

the semi is the final before the final
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Useless.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
country flag saniapower

saniapower has a reputation beyond reputesaniapower has a reputation beyond reputesaniapower has a reputation beyond reputesaniapower has a reputation beyond reputesaniapower has a reputation beyond reputesaniapower has a reputation beyond reputesaniapower has a reputation beyond reputesaniapower has a reputation beyond reputesaniapower has a reputation beyond reputesaniapower has a reputation beyond reputesaniapower has a reputation beyond repute

No pressure on Murray
saniapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
Useless.
What is obvious to me is that Murray's got nothing to lose but not so sure about Fed and Rafa
Old 06-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

All of them are mentally strong and I see no chokes but looking at it objectively:

I'd say Rafa has the most pressure and the most to lose. He is the current nr1. He is the current champion. The chance for the Borg record. Not to mention he is 0-4 against Djokovic this year. Imagine if he goes down to 0-5 and 0-3 on clay!? Would be devastating.

Djokovics pressure is similar but he should know that he will get nr1 anyway. Rafa defends Wimbledon too remember and US Open. And he might even be delighted when the streak is over. Bet most of his questions nowadays are about that crazy streak. He will lose sometime.

Federer/Murray both got nothing to lose but so much to gain. That is pressure in itself. Murray never been to a big clay final. Never won a slam. Federer hasn't won a slam either in a long time now.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Murray has by far the least pressure on him, hopefully he makes the most of it.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #10
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

RG title >>>>>>> every one of those.

Frauderer will NEVER win another slam
Crocodilovic will fall
Nadal will reclaim number #1 in 2015.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #11
country flag Angled Backhand

Angled Backhand has a reputation beyond reputeAngled Backhand has a reputation beyond reputeAngled Backhand has a reputation beyond reputeAngled Backhand has a reputation beyond reputeAngled Backhand has a reputation beyond reputeAngled Backhand has a reputation beyond reputeAngled Backhand has a reputation beyond reputeAngled Backhand has a reputation beyond reputeAngled Backhand has a reputation beyond reputeAngled Backhand has a reputation beyond reputeAngled Backhand has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Topspindoctor, there's a poster named Claycourter on Tennisforum, the women's forum, that site's sister. Are you by any chance that poster? That poster is also a huge Steffi Graf fan.
Offensive Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal are both awesome to watch
Michael Llodra is unique in our era

Francesca Schiavone is the classic claycourter!
Samantha Stosur is the modern claycourter!

I like playing and watching tennis, I'm deeply interested in languages and history. I enjoy progressive metal

Cats are awesome!
Angled Backhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #12
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angled Backhand View Post
Hey Topspindoctor, there's a poster named Claycourter on Tennisforum, the women's forum, that site's sister. Are you by any chance that poster? That poster is also a huge Steffi Graf fan.
Nope, don't have much interest in current WTA to make an account there, the only WTA related posts I make are in the MTF's WTAW thread or livescore commentary.

Frauderer will NEVER win another slam
Crocodilovic will fall
Nadal will reclaim number #1 in 2015.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #13
country flag janko05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
RG title >>>>>>> every one of those.
Exactly, and that notion could take the better of him. Having done so much this year and still tuogh goals ahead...I don't know.
Fear when things get tuogh he might just let go
Old 06-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #14
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

If pressure is about breaking records (positive) expectations than Novak has the most pressure

If pressure is about fighting against the time/clock national (negative) expectations than Murray is under the most pressure..

It's with this in mind that I actually think Roger has the LEAST to lose...He's not under alot of postive/negative expectations...he's the older guys who's already amassed 16 majors and broke dozens of records, anything he wins after breaking pete's record is a bonus!! ...if Murray loses I'm sure the british press will go down heavy on him
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #15
country flag anticaria

anticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
I think all 4 have a lot of pressure, even though they aren't going to admit it. Rafa will want to stop "bleeding", Roger has great chance to get 2nd RG with Rafa not at his best, and Andy would probably want to turn around his slump

i hate to break this to ya but if rafa makes the final, roger's so-called 'great chance' to get a 2nd rg title suddenly evaporate.. robin flukerling may have beaten an injured rafa in '09, but i doubt roger could even beat a 'merely subpar' rafa as long as rafa's healthy.. rafa's 'mental ownership' over the swiss is just too overwhelming for the old man to overcome at this stage of his career, not to mention rafa's perfect record in r garros finals: 5:0 and his equally perfect record against roger in paris: 0:4.. now if rafa and nole suddenly drop dead today, roger might.. just might have a shot against murray..