Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing (CAS confirm ban) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-31-2011, 04:22 PM   #61
country flag straitup

straitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

MTF is going to miss Crazy Dani
straitup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #62
country flag SVK

SVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond repute

There is no doubt he did it but I would like to know how they proved it
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #63
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
He's being picked on. Not saying he didn't do the fixing, which I'm sure he did, but he's being selected out of everyone because he's Koellerer.
For sure. And it's very, very deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times, October 2014
During this year’s United States Open, Soderling said, he was watching a match on television when his young daughter came into the room. For a moment, she watched her father watching the tennis, but then she interrupted.

“She wanted to watch Dora,” Soderling said. “So, I said, ‘O.K.’ We watched Dora.”
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #64
country flag green25814

green25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond repute

Every single match fixer should instantly receive a lifeban from the sport. Its the worst crime you can commit.

Fuck crazy dani and anyone else who does it.

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:30 PM   #65
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff, philosophicalarf and AJ, ExcaliburII.

I am really not sure what to make of this. Of course IMG runs tennis, why else would they be stationed at Nick's in Bradenton? The fixing is damn near impossible to stop unless they ban more players, and bigger fish.

As for the doping, well, professional athletics will always have doping, the only way to resolve is to actually BAN people, and not just small fries. If the ATP banned a top 50 player for doping, guys would realize "oh shit, we really can't do this".

The fixing thing is difficult to legislate unless the ATP willingly gets together with all of the various betting agencies and intelligently prevents it. Once I am a top player, I will bring more attention to it mainstream.

I will advocate hiring MTF posters into the anti-fixing crew.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #66
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Good stuff, philosophicalarf and AJ, ExcaliburII.

I am really not sure what to make of this. Of course IMG runs tennis, why else would they be stationed at Nick's in Bradenton? The fixing is damn near impossible to stop unless they ban more players, and bigger fish.

As for the doping, well, professional athletics will always have doping, the only way to resolve is to actually BAN people, and not just small fries. If the ATP banned a top 50 player for doping, guys would realize "oh shit, we really can't do this".

The fixing thing is difficult to legislate unless the ATP willingly gets together with all of the various betting agencies and intelligently prevents it. Once I am a top player, I will bring more attention to it mainstream.

I will advocate hiring MTF posters into the anti-fixing crew.
Got to be practical about this. It looks good for the ATP, they have caught someone. What you have here with most people knowing it's smoke and mirrors compared to the reality. For them to catch the big fish it would implicate some others, they don't have the balls to it.

Not like people saying Koellerer is innocent.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #67
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
For sure. And it's very, very deserved.
It's also inconsistent and contrived.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:41 PM   #68
country flag fabolous

fabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburII View Post
Which matches did he fix? Anyone remembers?
his manager just gave an interview. apparently only one of the three suspicious matches was played by koellerer himself. the other two matches he was supposed to "influence" the respective players to lose

if this is true, ATP has to find these players as well, otherwise it is a joke!
fabolous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:43 PM   #69
country flag Mungo

Mungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond repute

Good for Dani. Now he's free to bet and win from his couch. Scary gambler.
Mungo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #70
country flag SVK

SVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond repute

Big fish... I don´t think when ATP will ban someone higher ranked or someone who does it XY years that others will stop. They should simply ban all fixers (I don´t think that´s possible). Do you think when ATP will begin with higher rakned players istead of lower ranked that the others will stop? I don´t think so.
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:46 PM   #71
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Got to be practical about this. It looks good for the ATP, they have caught someone. What you have here with most people knowing it's smoke and mirrors compared to the reality. For them to catch the big fish it would implicate some others, they don't have the balls to it.

Not like people saying Koellerer is innocent.
The problem lies with the ATP. Like you said, they have no balls. They'd rather give a life ban to a small fish like Crazy Dani and make it appear as if they are doing something while the problem still runs rampant instead of taking a hard stance, suspending the big fish, and truly making a difference.

The ATP

Balless mugs, the lot of them.

Quote:
Old 05-31-2011, 04:47 PM   #72
country flag straitup

straitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe this is just a way to ban him from the tour since he is quite the wacko. But part of it is playing the system right - something he did not do. If he wasn't such a bad person on court (I do think he was entertaining but that's a different story), he wouldn't have gotten attention as easily and would have been able to hide it easier.

But yes they are being inconsistent when they definitely shouldn't be...just easier to ban a guy who has brought attention to them, something that is still Koellerer's fault
straitup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:48 PM   #73
Future ATP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK View Post
Big fish... I don´t think when ATP will ban someone higher ranked or someone who does it XY years that others will stop. They should simply ban all fixers (I don´t think that´s possible). Do you think when ATP will begin with higher rakned players istead of lower ranked that the others will stop? I don´t think so.
I think so. If they suspend a top player for fixing, it will truly send a message.

The real thing to do is the ATP to create a liason with the gambling sites and legal authorities and really get this shit eradicated from the game.

That, or increase the prize money in challengers.

Quote:
Old 05-31-2011, 04:52 PM   #74
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabolous View Post
his manager just gave an interview. apparently only one of the three suspicious matches was played by koellerer himself. the other two matches he was supposed to "influence" the respective players to lose

if this is true, ATP has to find these players as well, otherwise it is a joke!
This gives a clue as to how he was found guilty.

Maybe he was reported by other players?
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:53 PM   #75
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Disgusting, he only gets picked out because of his behavior on the court.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisCup2014 View Post
Then get him out of your avatar and sig talking about him like that, disgrace.
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH

Criticism of Federer = Thoughtcrime
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote