Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing (CAS confirm ban) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-31-2011, 03:26 PM   #46
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
As always though: how to prove it? I assume Koellerer has been daft enough to actually get caught red-handed ..... that's going to be rare.
It's not like the case has been released and what in particular matches were fixed. I knew he was banned before for having betting sites as links on his website, then there were all the other misdemeanours.

I'd like to know what evidence they had, they couldn't prove MVA/Davydenko from Sopot, so either a whistleblower or as you said stupidity.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #47
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daniel Köllerer life-long suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
So tell me what ATP should do with IMG? Make a big fuss for IMG to get rid of the big boss? They have no power to make such request. IMG is not just into tennis. And cutting IMG off is not exactly looking after the welfare of tennis players.

I am not saying ATP is a great organisation. I just think that's a really poor example to pick on ATP. There are bigger problems the organisation have which they may be able to do something about while picking a fight with IMG is not the wisest.
They can't do anything cause IMG run the ATP, that's as obvious as night follows day. It's not a poor example at all, they have shown on many occasions they aren't transparent, they're a joke in reality. IMG shouldn't be exempt from these rules.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-31-2011, 03:35 PM   #48
country flag Helevorn

Helevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond repute

Great, but now they absolutely have to fine and ban a lot of Italian players for the same reasons
Helevorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #49
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
I'd like to know what evidence they had, they couldn't prove MVA/Davydenko from Sopot, so either a whistleblower or as you said stupidity.
Yeah, I'm very interested to know the specifics.

He does have a weight of examples, far more than any possible coincidence could allow ... although less than some other guys out there. If they're going to do "beyond all reasonable doubt though", a judgement of the circumstantial evidence, they're opening themselves up to get sued.

Sting operation would be how I'd go after them, but I'd assumed that would eventually come from some very active investigative judicial process. Unfortunately the countries most likely to do that, Spain and France, have only one regular fixer between them (and possibly one occasional).
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #50
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute

Which matches did he fix? Anyone remembers?

ExcaliburII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #51
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Yeah, I'm very interested to know the specifics.

He does have a weight of examples, far more than any possible coincidence could allow ... although less than some other guys out there. If they're going to do "beyond all reasonable doubt though", a judgement of the circumstantial evidence, they're opening themselves up to get sued.

Sting operation would be how I'd go after them, but I'd assumed that would eventually come from some very active investigative judicial process. Unfortunately the countries most likely to do that, Spain and France, have only one regular fixer between them (and possibly one occasional).
The fact that the management company broke this story and not the ATP. Dani must not have fixed enough to get enough cash for an appeal, because where was this case being heard, what law was it under. There is more to it of course, as you said with examples it's hard to catch them out.

ATP and doping, they have shown to be competent on that as well, but that's another time.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #52
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

good for the game

unreal to think of this guy has fans
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #53
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburII View Post
Which matches did he fix? Anyone remembers?
The match with King Hernandez at Rosmalen was suspect, though it hasn't been released as to which matches they were.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Snowwy : 05-31-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Editting Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:51 PM   #54
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

fucking bullshit.

further proof that that the ATP is managed by a bunch of unenlightened wankers with peaches instead of brains. it's no surprise that the current tennis we watch is so muggy when these clowns are at the top running things.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:54 PM   #55
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

if the ATP really cared about clearing the sport from match fixing and outright cheating, they could start by having at least semi decent drug tests and also investigating all cases of fixing. this is just a stupid excuse to get rid of a player they don't like. wankers
Old 05-31-2011, 04:00 PM   #56
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
if the ATP really cared about clearing the sport from match fixing and outright cheating, they could start by having at least semi decent drug tests and also investigating all cases of fixing.
I think there actually is a desire to do something about fixing, but the practicalities make it extremely difficult for anything other than a legal body. Even if you get the accountholder details from betfair, how do you prove those guys then transferred money to said player? No doubt it'll be in some Swiss bank account.

The desire to do something about doping? Practically difficult also, but you have to suspect that quite a lot of the top guys might get caught. With fixing, it's almost entirely lowlevel or older guys - the prize money takes care of that.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:03 PM   #57
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
I think there actually is a desire to do something about fixing, but the practicalities make it extremely difficult for anything other than a legal body. Even if you get the accountholder details from betfair, how do you prove those guys then transferred money to said player? No doubt it'll be in some Swiss bank account.

The desire to do something about doping? Practically difficult also, but you have to suspect that quite a lot of the top guys might get caught. With fixing, it's almost entirely lowlevel or older guys - the prize money takes care of that.
Prepaid mobiles and off shore bank accounts make perfect sense. As for the doping they really don't give a shit about that. Fixing is a problem and it's around, but not as omnipresent as the conspiracy theorists like to think.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #58
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

He's being picked on. Not saying he didn't do the fixing, which I'm sure he did, but he's being selected out of everyone because he's Koellerer.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:08 PM   #59
country flag Machiavelli

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute

Insane stuff, there is so much fixing going on, and they ban the one that has charisma and of course is a small fish...

I feel sorry for Crazy Dani
Old 05-31-2011, 04:18 PM   #60
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As always though: how to prove it? I assume Koellerer has been daft enough to actually get caught red-handed ..... that's going to be rare.
Remember his match vs Ancic in Munich?

Fix all set up then seemingly Dani called it off. Maybe he knew he'd been rumbled at that point.
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote