The Grass is Always Greener on Gilou's Court - 2011 - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #121
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Grass is Always Greener on Gilou's Court - 2011

nope I won tickets which is why I was there today. I don't think I'd pay to see an exo. It was a very very nice place though really nice venue.

I had a great time.

I would have preferred to go yesterday (espec as at the time I thought Gilles and Richard were playing as that was the original oop) but they emailed me really late and I only picked up the email from the club at 5 on monday to say did I want tues tickets or wed and that was too late for tues because of work.

But still had fun today and obviously because they changed the oop I wouldn't have seen Gilles yesterday.

He wasn't really mad at himself he was yelling at his shots in a really funny way not like the way he normally mumbles to himself in a match. I think he was quite amused about how crap he was playing. It was after the match he looked a bit grumpy to me although he always seems to give me a look of doom so maybe I'm just paranoid. Anyway I thought better not bother him. He wasn't grumpy during the match.

Last edited by Cloudygirl : 06-15-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #122
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
I think he was quite amused about how crap he was playing.
That's kind of fun to see.

You won ticket? oh you are so lucky. Glad you had a good time.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #123
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yup I won tickets on twitter. I'm normally the most unlucky person ever so I was quite impressed with myself. So it only cost me half a tank of petrol which isn't too bad at all.

Not quite so impressed on the way home tonight when the rain was really bad and visibility was awful - a lorry pulled over into my lane on the motorway and I had to swerve into the fast lane. Bashed my horn and put my foot down and luckily the driver in that lane realised and braked. Missed him just about but I was shaking like a leaf.

Then got stuck in traffic behind an accident and went past a car that was really trashed and that shook me up again because it could so easily have been mine. Such a near miss.

Other than that really brilliant day though and feeling very lucky to be home in one piece.

To be fair Juan's serve was wicked good today. not sure whether he was just having a good day but it appeared to have improved massively since I last saw him live. I don't really like his style of play but it's so interesting seeing how hard he hits the ball. How the heck does he hit it in????!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #124
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
Y

Not quite so impressed on the way home tonight when the rain was really bad and visibility was awful - a lorry pulled over into my lane on the motorway and I had to swerve into the fast lane. Bashed my horn and put my foot down and luckily the driver in that lane realised and braked. Missed him just about but I was shaking like a leaf.

Then got stuck in traffic behind an accident and went past a car that was really trashed and that shook me up again because it could so easily have been mine. Such a near miss.

Other than that really brilliant day though and feeling very lucky to be home in one piece.

Glad you made home safely.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #125
country flag Cloudygirl

So am I, am clearly having a lucky week I should buy a lottery ticket.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:05 AM   #126
country flag lalaland

from Tennis.com...

Even on a persistently drizzly day like today, the spectators are here to be entertained, punctuating points with the popping of champagne corks and encouraging the players indiscriminately. For the players, however, the shadow of Wimbledon looms large. Even practice seems a little bit more serious, or at least strategic, than usual; Ferrer plays an intense practice set, Simon tries to work on his return off Troicki’s first serve (it goes better after the Serbian starts calling it for him), del Potro hits nothing but serves and forehands fed to him by coach Franco Davin for half an hour, then sits down for a long, serious conversation.

As play begins, it’s far from a hit-and-giggle; the consensus seems to be to compete pretty seriously for at least a set and a half, then relax into entertaining once the outcome looks inevitable. Del Potro and Simon, first up, both seem to be focusing on polishing their serves and—in del Potro’s case—volleys; the Argentine looks in better shape than Simon, whose lower back is taped and isn’t stretching himself any more than necessary. It’s not until the Argentine is a set and a break up that levity really enters the proceedings—del Potro hitting a between-the-legs volley (and winning the point), Simon mock-pleading with the crowd to cheer for him, then blowing a kiss when they do. “Without you it would have been six-love,” he announces to a particular group of women in the stands after del Potro wins, 6-4, 6-1, earning a gale of horsey laughter.

http://tennis.com/articles/templates...12638&zoneid=9

Well, hopefully that taping at the back is precautionary. Hopefully he'll be 100% by next week when his first match starts.

Last edited by lalaland : 06-16-2011 at 04:10 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #127
country flag Silver.

Silver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report cloudy-girl, glad you got home okay! Thanks for that article too lalaland hope Gilles gets better quickly.

Thanks for the memories... Andy Roddick.
Silver. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #128
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles playing bad losing 0-4, lost 2 close games on his service in both he had 2 games points
Old 06-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #129
country flag Silver.

Silver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know the score in the first? Pretty bad from Gilles, he's stretching his leg at the changeovers.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #130

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

6-1 and 6-2, he is injured, no dobt about it
Old 06-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #131
country flag Silver.

1 and 2 Well it was Nole, lets face it. Didn't see the whole thing, he may just be playing it safe before Wimby that's why his not moving as normally, i don't know.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:13 PM   #132
country flag lalaland

I think Nole was very good and Gilles was not, hence the scoreline. Clearly, Nole is in another class as compares to Gilles at the moment. And I'm afraid that his 2 matches showed a discouraging picture of his current form. Ah well, we'll see.

Just hope for a good draw tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #133
country flag Silver.

Gilles quarter:
[1]Nadal v Russell
Andujar v Sweeting
Muller v Haas
Fognini v [31]Raonic
[24]Del Potro v [Q/LL]
Rochus v [Q/LL]
Gil v Sela
[Q/LL] v [15]Simon

[10]Fish v Granollers
Kohlschreiber v Istomin
Haase v Riba
Stepanek v [21]Verdasco
[25]Chela v [Q/LL]
Young v Bogomolov Jr.
[Q/LL] v Benneteau
Volandri v [6]Berdych

So Q/LL first round, gil/sela second then Delpo third and he gets past that, Nadal fourth

Well we've just seen Gilles against Delpo on grass, didn't dent him, but I guess it was an exho. I don't have high hopes for this Wimby, plus Gilles doesn't seem 100%.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #134
country flag darkboy

darkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond repute

The best he can do is a fourth round.
Although I highly doubt it :/

Anyway, good luck Gilles!

RAFAEL NADAL TOMAS BERDYCH
darkboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #135

I think Gilles is playing crap, if he was 100 he could defeat Delpo on grass, because the argentinian is crap on grass