The Grass is Always Greener on Gilou's Court - 2011 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #61
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Grass is Always Greener on Gilou's Court - 2011

Play suspended

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #62
country flag Silver.

Silver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond repute

Match suspended. Hmm. Seems pretty tight, hopefully Gilles comes out and finishes it quickly tomorrow although he's not a very good starter lately.

Thanks for the memories... Andy Roddick.
Silver. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #63
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

oh for Fs sake Gilou
Old 06-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #64
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Geez Gilles.

He better not start so slow tomorrow. And with this kind of serving, there's no way he can beat anyone but someone who can't hold just like him .
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #65
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

and so his trouble with countryman continues heh? lol

well..if he starts the way he did today he's screwed, you wouldnt think adrian would let something like 5-2 slip twice(if it gets there)
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #66
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian was leading 2 breaks up and lost the 1st set, Gilles was up a break twice and lost the 2nd set. On 2nd thought, he probably doesn't need to jump out of the gate tomorrow . j/k
Old 06-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #67
country flag lalaland

OOP tomorrow.

His R2 match is 2nd match on Court 2, and then the winner will play DelPo 3rd match on court 1, not before 3pm. Which just means whoever wins won't even need to warmup for his R3.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #68
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

what the hell kind of fucked up scheduling is that? if the winner is going to have to play twice then they should be on some court first
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #69
country flag lalaland

It's like a tradition that they don't start a day with a suspended match, it's always going to be scheduled the 2nd match. I imagine the logic is that the condition needs to be as similar as the day before and so the ground needs to be already played on when they restart their match? I don't know, I'm just guessing.

DelPo has a double match to play after his R3 match, so they have to schedule the R2 and R3 match as close as it is right now. However, it's not necessarily a disadvantage. They have to warmup for a match anyway, so just see it as a warmup session which happens to be a best of 1 real match .
Old 06-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #70
country flag Silver.

Silver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond repute

Urgh. Not even televised if he beats Adrian. And I do not have high hopes for him against Delpo, if he gets there. Guess i'll have to wait two weeks to see Gilles on TV

Old 06-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #71
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
It's like a tradition that they don't start a day with a suspended match, it's always going to be scheduled the 2nd match. I imagine the logic is that the condition needs to be as similar as the day before and so the ground needs to be already played on when they restart their match? I don't know, I'm just guessing.
I don't think they have any logic. Last year when I was there, they stopped the Clément/Mahut double because of darkness on Monday night. Then they rescheduled it at the end of the next day again. Of course it rained all day, so they rescheduled to Wednesday evening. Arnaud told me he wasn't even going to show up that day, cause there was rain predicted again. So in the end we couldn't see the end of it, we left on Wednesday and they finished the match Thursday.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #72
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
I don't think they have any logic. Last year when I was there, they stopped the Clément/Mahut double because of darkness on Monday night. Then they rescheduled it at the end of the next day again. Of course it rained all day, so they rescheduled to Wednesday evening. Arnaud told me he wasn't even going to show up that day, cause there was rain predicted again. So in the end we couldn't see the end of it, we left on Wednesday and they finished the match Thursday.
oh, ok.
Why do I even think tournament ppl think logically .
Well, it may not even be a tradition then . I was perplexed when they scheduled those unfinished match as 3rd match of the day during RG, it's like going against tradition, if tradition exists.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #73
country flag Silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by news-tennis83 View Post
According to someone who have seen this match at London, Gilles was really nervous and frustrated by a lot of things...
The state of the grass, Nadal speaking after his match at the near court, plus he wanted to stop the play at 4-4 in the second set (discussed with the umpire 10 min, sitting down) whereas Adrian still wanted to play...
Hopefully, it will be OK tomorrow.
Thanks for this report. I wondered why there was a pause at 4-4. It's a shame Gilles couldn't persuade them to stop then. I've never been to queens, can't imagine what court 2 is like, i don't think they schedule many matches on it though.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #74
country flag lalaland

Yes, thanks news-tennis83 for the report.

Nice to know Gilles' at his usual cranky self . and this is a joke, not a criticism
Okay, maybe I'm actually a little bit mad at Gilles, I kinda knew that he must be arguing about the light when it paused so long after each service game. He really shouldn't have let things get to him like that. Then again, it's probably hard if he can't see and they won't let him stop, Gilles. Well, it's okay, you can still do it, Gilles. Hopefully no rain tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #75
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Gilles.