2010 Wimbledon - 2011 French Open similarities - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
country flag swanpm20

swanpm20 has a reputation beyond reputeswanpm20 has a reputation beyond reputeswanpm20 has a reputation beyond reputeswanpm20 has a reputation beyond reputeswanpm20 has a reputation beyond reputeswanpm20 has a reputation beyond reputeswanpm20 has a reputation beyond reputeswanpm20 has a reputation beyond reputeswanpm20 has a reputation beyond reputeswanpm20 has a reputation beyond reputeswanpm20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2010 Wimbledon - 2011 French Open similarities

Remember how everyone was counting Nadal out during the first week of 2010 Wimbledon? He needed 5 sets in both his R64 and R32 matches against Haase and Petzschner and everyone was talking about how bad he looked, how worn down he was physically, and how he had no chance of winning the tournament let alone ending the year at #1.

As it turned out, he met up with Robin Soderling in the QF, someone who had beaten him before in big matches and who had established a reputation of being a giant killer. He beat him, and carried that momentum to play his absolute best in the SF and F to win his second Wimbledon.

The same thing will happen here. He's going to be extremely motivated seeing Soderling, who he hates and absolutely does not want to lose to, on the other side of the net and find his best tennis. From there, he's going to have his 6th French Open, end Djokovic's streak, and dominate the rest of the year.

Have a nice day Rafa haters, you're about to be depressed again in 6 days.

swanpm20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
country flag solowyn
Banned!

solowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Wimbledon - 2011 French Open similarities

I really don't feel it's the same thing. Nadal was much more convincing at Wimbledon, in his body language alone.
solowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

No. Nadal played good matches in R2 and R3 at Wimbledon, the fact is he only really struggled due to Petzschner's and Haase's huge serving. Here he's actually played pretty bad matches thus far.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

The difference is that Soderling is not as good in Wimbledon as he is in RG.

Pay your respects to the vultures. . . .

Did you know : the famous gangster Al Capone's criminal headquarters was based inside of a hotel

'82 - '91: best decade in tennis
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
country flag alter ego

alter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond repute

Surprise, surprise a nadulltard being a nadulltard.

Last year's Wimbledon was the worst slam ever. Murray hadn't been to a QF in a tournament since the AO, Djokovic was playing without a serve, he chocke in RG to Melzer after having 2 sets to love, Roger was mugging it up against Falla and some serbian journeyman, Roddick lost to Lu.

At RG this year we have Djokovic who has defeated Nadull 4 times in a row, Federer who seems to enjoy the fast balls and Murray who has had the best clay results ever.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks man, quality jinx thread.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #7
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanpm20 View Post
Remember how everyone was counting Nadal out during the first week of 2010 Wimbledon? He needed 5 sets in both his R64 and R32 matches against Haase and Petzschner and everyone was talking about how bad he looked, how worn down he was physically, and how he had no chance of winning the tournament let alone ending the year at #1.

As it turned out, he met up with Robin Soderling in the QF, someone who had beaten him before in big matches and who had established a reputation of being a giant killer. He beat him, and carried that momentum to play his absolute best in the SF and F to win his second Wimbledon.

The same thing will happen here. He's going to be extremely motivated seeing Soderling, who he hates and absolutely does not want to lose to, on the other side of the net and find his best tennis. From there, he's going to have his 6th French Open, end Djokovic's streak, and dominate the rest of the year.

Have a nice day Rafa haters, you're about to be depressed again in 6 days.

At Wimby 2010,,he had just finished his cake walk draw @ RG,& was confident for wimby.
However this time around Novak stole his manhood & he is scared right now.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #8
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Soderling got injured that match, remember? After winning the 1st set

Robredo, Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #9
country flag Norrage

Norrage has a reputation beyond reputeNorrage has a reputation beyond reputeNorrage has a reputation beyond reputeNorrage has a reputation beyond reputeNorrage has a reputation beyond reputeNorrage has a reputation beyond reputeNorrage has a reputation beyond reputeNorrage has a reputation beyond reputeNorrage has a reputation beyond reputeNorrage has a reputation beyond reputeNorrage has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa didn't play bad at all in the first rounds. He got outserved by two guys playing out of their skins. Besides, during the first week the courts are 100% quicker than the second week, when grass becomes clay. I see no comparison. If there is a comparison between both then it is Fed his Wimbledon 2010 vs. Rafa Roland Garros 2011. Very unconvincing first round, almost being beaten. Then they keep on struggling but for some reason still win pretty comfortably (in scorelines) before being straightforwardly beaten in the Quarter Final. Which I expect will happen to Nadal like it happened to Fed at Wimby last year against Berdych.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #10
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest that crossed my mind, but like the poster above said, Soderling is playing much better; in Wimbledon he struggled through a 5 setter against Ferrer before playing Rafa. There's no denying a win on Wednesday would be a massive confidence booster for Rafa though
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #11
country flag rafa_maniac

rafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrage View Post
Rafa didn't play bad at all in the first rounds. He got outserved by two guys playing out of their skins. Besides, during the first week the courts are 100% quicker than the second week, when grass becomes clay. I see no comparison. If there is a comparison between both then it is Fed his Wimbledon 2010 vs. Rafa Roland Garros 2011. Very unconvincing first round, almost being beaten. Then they keep on struggling but for some reason still win pretty comfortably (in scorelines) before being straightforwardly beaten in the Quarter Final. Which I expect will happen to Nadal like it happened to Fed at Wimby last year against Berdych.
^ this. I said at the time that people were underestimating Nadal's form at Wimby last year because on grass you slip up even the tiniest bit to a big server and BOOM there's the set gone. And that's exactly what happened. But he never looked close to losing either match and he played as well as could be expected against those opponents on fast grass. He was also full of confidence from winning every important title for months.

This is not at all the same. This is Clay, his home turf, and he's stinking up the joint with his play and admitting in interviews he's feeling pressured and isn't confident. It would be stupid to write him off at RG of all places, but he has no chance against Soderling unless he does something drastic.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #12
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon grass is quicker at the start of the two weeks when it's at its greenest, hence why the likes of Kendrick, Gulbis, Haase and Petzschner caused him problems and Muller actually beat him.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #13
country flag tyruk14

tyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #14
country flag NJ88

NJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal will get to the final, but honestly I don't think he's playing well enough to beat an in form Djokovic OR an in form Federer in the final. Maybe he'll pick his form up and play an incredible final like last yeat though, it could happen.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #15
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

Except Soderling's much more of a giant killer at RG.....the king is dead, long live the king!
Chase Visa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote