Bring on the Grass Season!!! :D - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #166
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bring on the Grass Season!!! :D

Richard is 1st on court 12 tomorrow. On the forecast it says it will be raining tomorrow but if it does hopefully Richard can finish his match before it arrives which gives him advantage by playing 1st.

It looks like I will be missing the match due to my cricket match!

Allez Richard!!

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #167
country flag Gasquetno.1

Gasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it televised or will it have to be a stream? :/
Gasquetno.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #168
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasquetno.1 View Post
Is it televised or will it have to be a stream? :/
It will defiantly be available televised but it's if they will. Hopefully they put it Interactive in the UK.

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #169
country flag Gasquetno.1

Gasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool also Cloudy how did you get tickets in such short notice and how much did you pay for them? I really want to go!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #170
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by case View Post
thanks for the pics and story. however i am not sure what the heck the "him knocking up " means i had an english friend who laughed about how americans thought of the words knocking up.
As in them warming up before the match. Didn't even think of any connotations when I typed that one. American english is random.

A week off work and ticketmaster the day before (need the week off as you won't always be lucky with tickets on the day you want to go they sell very fast) and being able to arrange to travel to London for short notice is the only way that you can get really short notice tickets without queuing. I paid centre prices which is just under £60 but you can get court 3 tickets for cheaper than that.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #171
country flag Gasquetno.1

Well I'm in school and can easily get time off which isn't a problem, and can easily afford the ticket prices as well, I might have to try this! How many are available on ticket master each day? Or does it not say
Old 06-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #172
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

No idea but if you don't try straight away that they go on you won't get them. Ticketmaster says the times they are available. Otherwise you need to queue.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #173
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
You weren't next to me.

I had a kid one side and a girl with really short brown hair the other side. I had a bright pink jumper on.

I think i was the opposite end of the court to you by the sound of it. Were you sat opposite Richard's coach or at the other end?

Are you queueing?

I can't do the queue because that would mean going up over night and I have no cat sitters lol.

I'm going to try for tickets friday. I was debating tomorrow and did get tickets on ticketmaster but I decided friday was a better day to try so rejected them. I can stay overnight then too which means I don't have to rush back. I had to miss all but the first set of Andy's match yesterday to get my train which was gutting. If not I'll try saturday.
I didn't see his coach at all so can't say for sure.

Yeah, I queued. Had no idea you could get tickets via ticketmaster. Always done it the hard way but it's bearable if you've got something to do whilst waiting for the queue to move.

It's quite likely I go on Friday too so might meet you then. I'll rep you my mobile number so we can keep in touch. Would be a big pity to miss the opportunity to meet up if you're going.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #174
country flag Cloudygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dini View Post
I didn't see his coach at all so can't say for sure.

Yeah, I queued. Had no idea you could get tickets via ticketmaster. Always done it the hard way but it's bearable if you've got something to do whilst waiting for the queue to move.

It's quite likely I go on Friday too so might meet you then. I'll rep you my mobile number so we can keep in touch. Would be a big pity to miss the opportunity to meet up if you're going.
Ok fab. I will try to get tickets for whatever day Richard plays his round 3. So should be friday might be sat depending on the weather. Will depend on ticketmaster though. I've done the queue before a few times but can't see me doing that without spending 2 nights in London and I can't do that. Hopefully see you there.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:49 PM   #175
country flag Gasquetno.1

Thanks for the info one last question, there's the tickets that they say are reserved and ones that say you pick up... Are the ones you pick up ones you have to queue for? And which ones did you get? Many thanks!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:11 PM   #176
country flag Cloudygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasquetno.1 View Post
Thanks for the info one last question, there's the tickets that they say are reserved and ones that say you pick up... Are the ones you pick up ones you have to queue for? And which ones did you get? Many thanks!
the ones that are sold first are returns. So you could be any where on the court. They are where people have returned tickets and are very limited in number. You reserve them and then pick up at wimby. They are allocated on collection though or were last year so the earlier you get there the better the seats you get. You go through one gate to collect them so a slight queue but nothing like as long as the wimby queue. The ones that you get the day before are back rows on court 3 and centre. There are more of those but obviously the seats aren't as good. You pay by credit card, rock up to gate 7, you have to show ID and credit card at the gate and they stick your card in a machine and print off your ticket. Simples.

I've done both before.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #177
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Just briefly between two trips: good luck, Richard. You have to get to the second week, so that I finally will be able to watch you on grass.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #178
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
As in them warming up before the match. Didn't even think of any connotations when I typed that one. American english is random.
Didn't even realise that that connotation was specifically American
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #179
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question! Roughly when does balloting (no direct ticket sales right?) open every year? I'm considering going next year
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #180
country flag Cloudygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
I have a question! Roughly when does balloting (no direct ticket sales right?) open every year? I'm considering going next year
Quote:
Applying for the 2012 Public Ballot
STEP ONE
In order to apply for tickets for The Championships, 2012, you need to fill in a Public Ballot application form:

To obtain an application form, send in a self-addressed, stamped envelope from 1 August 2011 to: AELTC, P.O. BOX 98, London SW19 5AE by 15 December 2011.
Only one application per household. Don't ask for more than one form: we will void your applications.
If you do not send in a stamped, self-addressed envelope, you will not receive a form. No letter is required.
There is a separate ballot for wheelchair spaces so please make sure you write clearly 'WHEELCHAIR' on both the outer and on your return envelope.
Non-UK residents should send in an International Reply Coupon instead of a stamp. If your post office does not provide these, please simply send your self-addressed envelope.
The self-addressed, stamped envelope should have your return address and should be the type 'DL' which is approximately 110mm x 220 mm (4 1/4" x 8 5/8")
Requests postmarked after 15 December 2011 will NOT be processed.
We will not issue forms to personal callers after 15 December 2011 will greatly assist us in processing your request if you send the correct size of envelope (and self-seal if possible, rather than gummed).
YOU ARE ADVISED TO APPLY EARLY TO ALLOW TIME FOR QUERIES (IN THE EVENT OF NON-RECEIPT OF YOUR REQUEST, FOR EXAMPLE) AND TO AVOID POSTAL DELAYS IN DECEMBER.
STEP TWO
After we receive the self-addressed, stamped envelope, we will send you an application form. We will aim to turn your request around in two weeks.
STEP THREE
You will need to complete and return the application form by 31 December 2011 to be entered into the ballot.

Read and follow the instructions carefully before completing the form. If you break any of the rules all tickets you may be offered will be cancelled.
Completed forms must be returned to the address below and postmarked no later than 31 December 2011.
Send completed forms to: PO BOX 67611, London SW19 9DT
No S.A.E. required
Applications which are postmarked after 31 December will not be entered into the ballot.
STEP FOUR
There will be ballots taking place from February 2012 until the week before The Championships. If you are successful, you will be informed by post from February 2012 until June 2012.
STEP FIVE
Successful applicants will be able to pay for their tickets by credit/debit card through a secure website or by posting in a cheque.
STEP SIX
Ticket despatch begins in the second week of May and will continue into June.