Ban explanation - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ban explanation

As I haven't received an answer from askmtfmods email I have to open a thread about it in hope to find some answers.

I was banned for 2 weeks because of accumulation of personal attack infractions. I received the last one for quoting the original post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Maybe prestigious isn't the right word but yeah, AO has catched up with WI in the last 20 or so years, the players accept it better, it has roofs, a more modern surface (which has nothing to do with prestige but you still get the picture). I don't feel the same way about Miami and IW, it's my opinion, ok?

with post
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Sir, you should better stay quiet than say such stupidity next time. Posts like this are bad for society

First of all, original post was obvious stupidity which could confirm any realistic poster which knows basics of game. But again I understand and agree that nobody has the right to attack somebody even if he is wrong. But don't know in which society the term " saying stupidity " is attacking or offensive one. Specially it shouldn't be in MTF's society where in every second post somebody calling someone as a fool or dumbass and nobody gets banned for it. So from thousands more attacking and offensive posts every day mods or one mod which is more probably decided that this one is the most attacking one. As I said really can't understand why is saying that somebody talking stupidity personal attack on somebody or how this could be equal with calling someone a piece of shit or worse words which we could read every day at MTF .

But OK, mods are mods because they see the things differently, more objectively and I respect their decision, if they say I am guilty then I am guilty. I even decided to help them fixing this place. To stop banning myself with posts which I see no offensive but they are actually offensive I am considering to stop posting in GM . I will just be spending the time there and searching for such offensive posts which won't be too hard to find, reporting it and helping mods to turn this place in right direction ( in 4 years on MTF I have reported max 7-8 posts, all were insults towards me, or people for which i knew they reported me but from now i have to change the policy, everything for improving MTF ) . So mods will just need to be objective and consistent in deciding like they were with this my post .

When we are already talking about consistency I have another question . Few weeks ago I received a badreep with the message

I have sent a PM to the admin which has the ability to read reps, the same admin which already gave me few infractions for insults through badrep function. So till today that badrep stayed and how not appropriate and infraction worth posts/reps got deleted I have concluded that this post wasn't insulting . So I am little confused how saying that somebody talking stupidity is personal attack and calling someone living shit isn't ?

Sorry for so long post but all in service of MTF . Hope it won't get deleted and author of it won't get banned till at least one explanation willing mod/admin reads it .

Thank you for your time
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ban explanation

Here is the one similar or better say the same situation

This post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatoes11 View Post
Still do not understand how Nadal can have so many fans. He is like the most dis-likeable person ever. The only way you could possibly like him is if you were from Spain or you hated Federer.

gets quoted with this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidbourbon View Post
I find it difficult to understand how people can be so deeply obsessed with Roger Federer that they can't even fathom why anyone would be a fan of Nadal.

I find it difficult to understand how a person can be so dumb as to think the concept of likeability is objective.

I find it difficult to believe that someone who believes that Nadal fanhood is inextricably intertwined with feelings about Roger Federer doesn't have some repressed "feelings" for Mr. Federer.

Tomatoes11, your post is kinda creepy.
so poster #2 saying that poster #1 is dumb

poster #3 quotes post #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I find it hard to believe you're still not permabanned, so I reported you again.

post #3 gets quoted from MTF's admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
What rule exactly do you think is being broken here?

The report function is not there for posts you don't like or don't agree with.

Here is original conversation
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...1&postcount=94
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=102
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=103
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=104

so the conclusion is when samanosuke says that somebody "saying stupidity" samanosuke gets banned, when somebody else says directly that somebody is dumb he doesn't brake any rule
Old 08-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ban explanation

Situation is being dealt with via PM.
Closed Thread