Johnny Groove vs. Alexander Pelaez, Plantation Year End Masters - Page 77 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #1141
country flag Bobby

Bobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove draws the 2 seed in the first round...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
1. Serve well.
2. Stay patient in the rallies.
3. Don't choke.
That's hardly a gameplan, Johnny. these things must happen every time you step on court, regardless of who you play against. Number three is something that happens if you think about it during match.

Singles Rank: 202
2007: QF Forest Hills CH, Turin CH, Scheveningen CH

Doubles Rank: 189
2007: W Turin CH (w/Dougie), F Scheveningen CH (w/Dougie)
Bobby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #1142
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 6-7(1), 4-6 vs. (2) Fabrizio Riva

Quote:
After some soul searching, and this post...

...I have decided that now is not the time for me to share that story with MTF.
that's understandable. however if u'll feel comfortable to tell us what happened anytime soon please do not esitate. Remember this is also a support thread and we your team, I'd like to be able to tell in the future 'I've helped groove to reach the top 100'

Last edited by motorhead : 11-01-2013 at 06:30 PM.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #1143
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 6-7(1), 4-6 vs. (2) Fabrizio Riva

Quote:
I can't even let such thoughts enter my mind. If you start to plan "oh, what I'm gonna do if I don't make it", guess what's going to happen? You won't make it. Your thoughts become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
I don't think so. I mean, you have entrepreneurs who mortgage their house and put all their fortunes in their business... which isn't smart! You can still give a 100% effort, but not sacrifice your life in the process. Not saying that you're doing this, but having a backup plan is no sign of weakness. I remember you talking about teaching history, is that still on the table?
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #1144
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

JG is on the right path and with the right mental approach.
born to raise hell.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #1145
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
that's understandable. however if I'll feel comfortable to tell us what happened anytime soon please do not esitate. Remember this is also a support thread and we your team, I'd like to be able to tell in the future 'I've helped groove to reach the top 100'
perhaps if and when we get back together, i might tell the story then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
I don't think so. I mean, you have entrepreneurs who mortgage their house and put all their fortunes in their business... which isn't smart! You can still give a 100% effort, but not sacrifice your life in the process. Not saying that you're doing this, but having a backup plan is no sign of weakness. I remember you talking about teaching history, is that still on the table?
yeah teaching history is a backup plan, I have one more class to graduate in the spring. But teaching history would just be another Dominos. Another job I can't stand, that is taking time and energy away from tennis training.

In order to do this, you must make something of a leap of faith.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #1146
country flag motorhead
Banned!

so u are still trying to get her back? that's good!! I hope u two didn't split because of your pursuit of a career
Old 11-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #1147
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah teaching history is a backup plan, I have one more class to graduate in the spring. But teaching history would just be another Dominos. Another job I can't stand, that is taking time and energy away from tennis training.

In order to do this, you must make something of a leap of faith.
My analogy would be that you make a leap of faith, but make sure you have something relatively soft to land on! And it seems that you do, good
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #1148
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
so u are still trying to get her back? that's good!! I hope u two didn't split because of your pursuit of a career
why? most girls want security in their future, and it sounds cliche and superficial, but the reality is if you want to start a family and things (early 20s, looking ahead to late 20s) then it certainly would be nerveracking if your guy is unwilling to do anything except tennis and is not a prodigy

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #1149
country flag Acid Tennis
Banned!

Acid Tennis has a reputation beyond reputeAcid Tennis has a reputation beyond reputeAcid Tennis has a reputation beyond reputeAcid Tennis has a reputation beyond reputeAcid Tennis has a reputation beyond reputeAcid Tennis has a reputation beyond reputeAcid Tennis has a reputation beyond reputeAcid Tennis has a reputation beyond reputeAcid Tennis has a reputation beyond reputeAcid Tennis has a reputation beyond reputeAcid Tennis has a reputation beyond repute

You need a Mirka. Same size. Important.
Acid Tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #1150
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Tennis View Post
the original Mirka was of perfect size, so yeah, i agree.

latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #1151
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Johnny!
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet: The most beautiful and talented backhand of the tour (after De Schepper).

De Schepper - Thiem - Giraldo - Cilic - Youzhny - Nishikori - Gulbis - Haas - Berlocq - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee
VamosRafaNadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #1152
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
no, no, we never even technically broke up. We trained together with the same coach for a long time, but I always took it very slow with her. Then, last summer, right when we were starting to get a little bit serious, she had to move away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
why? most girls want security in their future, and it sounds cliche and superficial, but the reality is if you want to start a family and things (early 20s, looking ahead to late 20s) then it certainly would be nerveracking if your guy is unwilling to do anything except tennis and is not a prodigy
Well, luckily she is:

A- A few years younger than me, which gives me some time, but not too much time, to get my shit together.
B- A tennis player herself who also has pro aspirations that have taken big hits, her results are similar to mine of late, actually she hasn't played a tournament in some time.
C- A fellow Sagittarius like me, with a thirst for adventure.

Besides, I don't want to start a family until well into my 30's, and she will still be late 20's, which will be perfect to start the family. To think of starting a family while the man is in his 20's still, unless he is rich, is unfathomable to me, personally.

I mean, my father had me at barely 25 years old. That would be like me starting a family NEXT YEAR

I have learned, and will take my time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Tennis View Post
She is in very good shape, maybe a tiny bit of meat on her bones, but I like a thick girl.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #1153
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
the original Mirka was of perfect size, so yeah, i agree.

god she was mega pretty, its hard to remember sometimes. she's not terrible looking now by any means, but obviously getting older and having kids naturally not as athletic.
she was stunning back when they were both playing though!

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #1154
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Johnny, can we please host PopCon together again this year?

We ran a clean competition last year bro.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #1155
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for Mirka pre-MirkaFed. Now she's lettin it all hang out for the world and snacks during matches

This thread deals with every topic: tennis, family planning, babes...finance?
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote