Johnny Groove Tennis Career - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #616
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Ok, that's for commenting

In the process.

Dude I never said I was as fit as Djoker

All I said was that I borrowed some things from his book
Bra, you said "I am at that level" and I called you on it. You went wild.
is there nothing?  Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal
certainly win Roger? Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)
Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Click for Jacko & Bubble-Rod => http://postimg.org/image/tvdauba7z/
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #617
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

In other news, this was my outcome of my practice today:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...psea3c9489.jpg

First time I have broken a racquet in, I think well over a year. This is interesting, because now it gives me the opportunity not only to demo a couple of 95 sq. in. racquets, but also to go into the 4 1/2 grip size instead of the 4 3/8 as I had been using, I had wanted to switch or at least go back to 4 1/2 for a while. We gonna see what's going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Bra, you said "I am at that level" and I called you on it. You went wild.
Show me the quote.

Brah.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #618
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

You've motivated me to strive to become a club legend too bra. Just before while I was boiling my noodles I smashed out 10 push ups on the kitchen bench.

I'm 26 though so I'm even more fragged than you

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #619
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing. In your initial post (2 years ago) you said that you were working on tossing the ball higher. Now, two years later, your ball toss is still ridiculously low.

How high were you throwing it back then, waist-high?

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:22 AM   #620
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
You've motivated me to strive to become a club legend too bra. Just before while I was boiling my noodles I smashed out 10 push ups on the kitchen bench.

I'm 26 though so I'm even more fragged than you
Be sure to get some protein in your body after that upper body shredding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKrep View Post
Another thing. In your initial post (2 years ago) you said that you were working on tossing the ball higher. Now, two years later, your ball toss is still ridiculously low.

How high were you throwing it back then, waist-high?

Well as you can see, it is a long term issue for me.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #621
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In other news, this was my outcome of my practice today:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...psea3c9489.jpg

First time I have broken a racquet in, I think well over a year. This is interesting, because now it gives me the opportunity not only to demo a couple of 95 sq. in. racquets, but also to go into the 4 1/2 grip size instead of the 4 3/8 as I had been using, I had wanted to switch or at least go back to 4 1/2 for a while. We gonna see what's going to happen.

Show me the quote.

Brah.
You made me use the search function which makes me mad.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=104

ok here it is:

me: How the heck they can distinguish between water weight and body mass is beyond me, especially only 1/2 pound. Perhaps the calipers around the love handles was the best way to tell, or these athletes are just that in tune with their bodies. We (and probably Roddick) think in 5 pound intervals, but for the top players it's ounces.

JG: Even I can tell you that even 0.5 of a pound here or there can mean the difference between getting to that ball, being able to set up, swing a good shot and beginning the recovery back to the center of the court, and arriving to the ball a split second late and making an error or a short ball.

me: We'll have to take their word for it, but a half pound makes no difference for the level that you or I play at, or will play at. It doesn't hurt to dream though

JG: Speak for yourself, I am already at such a level.

You've pissed me off at this point so....

me: Really? So has that kind of dedication and conditioning helped you to at least qualify for some 500 or 1000 level tournaments? Please note that my meter is on

JG: If not for injury, yes. Also, go fuck yourself.

Anyways it was fun. My body image perception changes from day to day too I understand.

argument.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #622
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

I had a better record in my one year of playing tournaments sophomore-junior year on TennisRecruiting than Marc Yurgenson has How did he get a rank? I'm fairly certain you'd beat me, but still, I was 15 and I think I could have give a match and maybe beat you had I stayed in tennis rather than choosing instead to start smoking, doing lots of drugs for a year or so, and getting in horrible shape- I'm going to be playing (probably #5) at a division 3 college. If you want to move up a level, you need to do it quickly. I'd try and move up to open very soon, I don't think you can start a tennis career after 25-26.

Robredo, Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:52 AM   #623
Future ATP Star

Quote:
You made me use the search function which makes me mad.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=104

ok here it is:

me: How the heck they can distinguish between water weight and body mass is beyond me, especially only 1/2 pound. Perhaps the calipers around the love handles was the best way to tell, or these athletes are just that in tune with their bodies. We (and probably Roddick) think in 5 pound intervals, but for the top players it's ounces.

JG: Even I can tell you that even 0.5 of a pound here or there can mean the difference between getting to that ball, being able to set up, swing a good shot and beginning the recovery back to the center of the court, and arriving to the ball a split second late and making an error or a short ball.

me: We'll have to take their word for it, but a half pound makes no difference for the level that you or I play at, or will play at. It doesn't hurt to dream though

JG: Speak for yourself, I am already at such a level.

You've pissed me off at this point so....

me: Really? So has that kind of dedication and conditioning helped you to at least qualify for some 500 or 1000 level tournaments? Please note that my meter is on

JG: If not for injury, yes. Also, go fuck yourself.

Anyways it was fun. My body image perception changes from day to day too I understand.
Wrong again. I never said I was at the level of Djokovic, I said I was at such a level where 0.5 pounds could mean the difference between making a shot or being slightly late and missing it, which is 100% true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotion View Post
I had a better record in my one year of playing tournaments sophomore-junior year on TennisRecruiting than Marc Yurgenson has How did he get a rank? I'm fairly certain you'd beat me, but still, I was 15 and I think I could have give a match and maybe beat you had I stayed in tennis rather than choosing instead to start smoking, doing lots of drugs for a year or so, and getting in horrible shape- I'm going to be playing (probably #5) at a division 3 college. If you want to move up a level, you need to do it quickly. I'd try and move up to open very soon, I don't think you can start a tennis career after 25-26.
Good luck to you, mate, what college is it?

And yes, I definitely need to get myself going in the next year or so really 6-7 months.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2013, 01:32 AM   #624
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

bro you've no money and you are breaking raquets? this is exactly the kind of behaviours that are not tolerated in academies and places like that.
what's your body fat at moment? I think part of your poor results are due to having a bad gym schedule and program, as I said the technique is there.
what's your pro daily intake gr/Kg?
how much do you squat on a good day?
can you post a pic of your ads to see how shredded you are, I promise this won't go in one of the many gay threads in the non tennis section

Last edited by motorhead : 10-18-2013 at 01:34 AM.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:07 AM   #625
country flag Mr. Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
i know over 30 complete amateurs (me included) who'd double bagel Johnny without much effort even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
I heard you were fat and out of shape somewhere on this board, I've not seen the photos so not sure if this is true. If you're fat then I doubt you'd be double bagelling anyone.

Quote:
Wrong again. I never said I was at the level of Djokovic, I said I was at such a level where 0.5 pounds could mean the difference between making a shot or being slightly late and missing it, which is 100% true.
We've come full circle. At least now we can agree that we're both out of shape, in which case 1/2 pound doesn't make any difference for us. So how much weight do you think you need to lose to be ATP fit? 5,10,20 pounds?

argument.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:32 AM   #626
Future ATP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
bro you've no money and you are breaking raquets? this is exactly the kind of behaviours that are not tolerated in academies and places like that.
This MUch iS CLEAr.

sOMEtimeS When you wORKING 24/7 DEDICAtion towaRDS something, SUCH SACRIFICE, AND Still NO RESult reaLLY. fRUStration will set in.

Plus I did not masTURBATE THIS morning, you sEeing the resULTS. i MUST PLAY WITH MORE CALM, NO?

Quote:
what's your body fat at moment? I think part of your poor results are due to having a bad gym schedule and program, as I said the technique is there.
what's your pro daily intake gr/Kg?
how much do you squat on a good day?
can you post a pic of your ads to see how shredded you are, I promise this won't go in one of the many gay threads in the non tennis section

My BODY FAt is, well I want to get to 7-8%, but i'M probably closeR TO DOUBLE OF THAT.

Quote:

We've come full circle. At least now we can agree that we're both out of shape, in which case 1/2 pound doesn't make any difference for us. So how much weight do you think you need to lose to be ATP fit? 5,10,20 pounds?
i Woke up today at 159 pounds, 72 KILO. i PREVIOUSLY PLAYED, at my lowest, 147-148, which I thought was ideal. I moved so well, and I had hours on the ball. Even when I was at 66 kilo, I thought I could losE more.

I neEd TO GET RID OF 10 POUNDs.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2013, 03:47 AM   #627
country flag VamosHoracio

VamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This MUch iS CLEAr.

sOMEtimeS When you wORKING 24/7 DEDICAtion towaRDS something, SUCH SACRIFICE, AND Still NO RESult reaLLY. fRUStration will set in.

Plus I did not masTURBATE THIS morning, you sEeing the resULTS. i MUST PLAY WITH MORE CALM, NO?

My BODY FAt is, well I want to get to 7-8%, but i'M probably closeR TO DOUBLE OF THAT.

i Woke up today at 159 pounds, 72 KILO. i PREVIOUSLY PLAYED, at my lowest, 147-148, which I thought was ideal. I moved so well, and I had hours on the ball. Even when I was at 66 kilo, I thought I could losE more.

I neEd TO GET RID OF 10 POUNDs.
It's 11:45. Shouldn't you be delivering pizza now?
Old 10-18-2013, 03:56 AM   #628
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Surely you aren't texting and driving? That's dangerous

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:12 AM   #629
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Look to the front and dont crash.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #630
Future ATP Star

I HAve OFF TONIght, FEllas.

Quote: