Johnny Groove Tennis Career - Page 41 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #601
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
all right mate, I'm just waiting for a feedback from both the guys at the academy as one guy has already had a look at the video.
do you speak french? as it's quite necessary here
I can't tell if you are teasing Johnny or not, no academy would ever give a scholarship to or even accept someone at Groove's age and lack of development
DONT BE A JERK

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #602
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Not when I am mere points from winning in the 4.5 level. Besides, when i won that 4.0, I felt: "Ok, now what. That means shit in the long term."

I'm not interested in that feel again.

Pretty sure I mentioned walking onto court mere minutes after finishing my first match and having nothing left to give, and semi-tanking so I could get to work on time later that night.
it just blows my mind, how at over 20 years old and still under 4.5 level do you think you could ever become a pro? I mean even recreational players get that good if they love playing and play a lot for a few years

also yeah WHATS UP WITH THAT ATTITUDE, ride or die my ass, how can you tank matches if this is your dream!?

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #603
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
it just blows my mind, how at over 20 years old and still under 4.5 level do you think you could ever become a pro? I mean even recreational players get that good if they love playing and play a lot for a few years

also yeah WHATS UP WITH THAT ATTITUDE, ride or die my ass, how can you tank matches if this is your dream!?
i know over 30 complete amateurs (me included) who'd double bagel Johnny without much effort even.

things are not optimistic Johnny, don't quit your job, you seem to have little idea of the real level of guys around the top 1000.

As harsh as it might sound - you have no chance, it's just impossible.

Don't get high hopes on the trolling of some mugs here, things are absolutely irreversible, it's way too late.
This kind of level you should have at 12 and work twice a day, everyday, with a competent and devoted coach, and it's still a 1% chance you make it to the top 500. 1%.

So keep playing, it's no harm, on the contrary it's very good for you in every possible aspect, but get real and re-define your life goals, coz while you're deluding about tennis, life and youth are passing by.

I'm serious. At least start thinking of a plan B, like for real, coz this one ain't happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #604
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can't tell if you are teasing Johnny or not, no academy would ever give a scholarship to or even accept someone at Groove's age and lack of development
DONT BE A JERK
I don't decide who enters, I've only sent the videos to them.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #605
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
i know over 30 complete amateurs (me included) who'd double bagel Johnny without much effort even.

things are not optimistic Johnny, don't quit your job, you seem to have little idea of the real level of guys around the top 1000.

Don't get high hopes on the trolling of some mugs here, things are absolutely irreversible, it's way too late.
This kind of level you should have at 12 and work twice a day, everyday, with a competent and devoted coach, and it's still a 1% chance you make it to the top 500. 1%.

So keep playing, it's no harm, on the contrary it's very good for you in every possible aspect, but get real and re-define your life goals, coz while you're deluding about tennis, life and youth are passing by.

I'm serious. At least start thinking of a plan B, like for real, coz this one ain't happening.
I heard you were fat and out of shape somewhere on this board, I've not seen the photos so not sure if this is true. If you're fat then I doubt you'd be double bagelling anyone.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #606
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
I heard you were fat and out of shape somewhere on this board, I've not seen the photos so not sure if this is true. If you're fat then I doubt you'd be double bagelling anyone.

Dustin Brown - Fabio Fognini - Gaël Monfils - Jerzy Janowicz - Alexandr Dolgopolov

Ernests Gulbis - Nick Kyrgios - Pablo Cuevas - Taro Daniel - Igor Sijsling - Paolo Lorenzi - Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
What you talking about Willis?
El Pendejo dice que el número uno no es suficiente pero el buitre de lenders, ferrer, puede ganar 7 tourneos sin mi permiso.
Mi boyfriend federer is goat, no?
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #607
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
''Never give up'' - Johnny Groove
Giving up would be retiring in the match, which I considered at 0-5 in the first, but played through.

Quote:

Blah blah blah

I WAS trying to stay employed, dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post

Blah blah blah.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #608
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Johnny so how about paying for me to fly over to Florida to shoot some promo videos for your Tennis?

I could make you look like the best player out of Florida and pitch your videos to sponsors and coaches.

What do you say?

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #609
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowManyTimes View Post
Johnny so how about paying for me to fly over to Florida to shoot some promo videos for your Tennis?

I could make you look like the best player out of Florida and pitch your videos to sponsors and coaches.

What do you say?
You know I have little money, mate.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #610
country flag Redaftw

Redaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond repute

It's clear that you have to improve everything but you hope to make it the top. With which gameplan do you think you can get there?
Redaftw is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:21 PM   #611
Future ATP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redaftw View Post
It's clear that you have to improve everything but you hope to make it the top. With which gameplan do you think you can get there?
1. Heal the shoulders
2. Improve toss/serve
3. Lose weight
4. Get stronger
5. Bring rest of game together
6. Quit dominos to get more time for training
7. Win in the 4.5, win in the 5.0, get going in the Open's

It all depends on how soon I can get this done. If in 6-7 months, I have made ZERO progress, I may have to consider retirement, but I don't expect that to be the case.

If I improve drastically out of sight in the next 6-7 months, I'll buy the van, do the Dustin Brown, and travel the USA playing futures, but that seems like a long shot also at this point.

Most realistic would be to win in the 4.5, win in the 5.0, do something in the Opens within the next 6-7 months, maybe a win or 2 in futures qualies and do well enough to get a job at a tennis academy, training the next generation, while also getting my own game up to standard, saving up even more money, get a nicer van, and do the Dustin Brown in late 2014/early 2015.

But let's focus on Sunrise 4.5 first.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #612
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Can't knock you too much, as you would probably beat me. That's not saying much, though, as I play an average of 0.3 times a week.
Having said that, when I do drag myself to tennis, I rally with people who probably won't have too much trouble beating you, mate.

From your serve motion and the way you move immediately prior to a shot I can tell you have had very little formal tennis training, if any. I know this is a semi-trolling thread, but if you are in any measure serious about being a pro, that ship has sailed at least a decade ago, IMHO.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #613
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know I have little money, mate.
Get funding bro .

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #614
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. Heal the shoulders
2. Improve toss/serve
3. Lose weight
4. Get stronger
5. Bring rest of game together
6. Quit dominos to get more time for training
7. Win in the 4.5, win in the 5.0, get going in the Open's

It all depends on how soon I can get this done. If in 6-7 months, I have made ZERO progress, I may have to consider retirement, but I don't expect that to be the case.

If I improve drastically out of sight in the next 6-7 months, I'll buy the van, do the Dustin Brown, and travel the USA playing futures, but that seems like a long shot also at this point.

Most realistic would be to win in the 4.5, win in the 5.0, do something in the Opens within the next 6-7 months, maybe a win or 2 in futures qualies and do well enough to get a job at a tennis academy, training the next generation, while also getting my own game up to standard, saving up even more money, get a nicer van, and do the Dustin Brown in late 2014/early 2015.

But let's focus on Sunrise 4.5 first.
Bro, I'm a fan, but if you have to lose weight, why did you get so touchy when I questioned your claim that you are as fit as Djoker? Were you just being argumentative?
is there nothing?  Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal
certainly win Roger? Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)
Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Click for Jacko & Bubble-Rod => http://postimg.org/image/tvdauba7z/
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #615
Future ATP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKrep View Post
Can't knock you too much, as you would probably beat me. That's not saying much, though, as I play an average of 0.3 times a week.
Having said that, when I do drag myself to tennis, I rally with people who probably won't have too much trouble beating you, mate.

From your serve motion and the way you move immediately prior to a shot I can tell you have had very little formal tennis training, if any. I know this is a semi-trolling thread, but if you are in any measure serious about being a pro, that ship has sailed at least a decade ago, IMHO.
Ok, that's for commenting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowManyTimes View Post
Get funding bro .
In the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Bro, I'm a fan, but if you have to lose weight, why did you get so touchy when I questioned your claim that you are as fit as Djoker? Were you just being argumentative?
Dude I never said I was as fit as Djoker

All I said was that I borrowed some things from his book

Quote: