Johnny Groove Tennis Career - Page 39 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #571
country flag Dead Net Cord

Dead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

What's your approach towards claycourts, hardcourts and grasscourts?
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
fed diva wanted 2006 to last for ever

with cheap media love and fawners praising who didn't win slams

it must have been good to be a Swiss?

but chokers are always present in slam draws, wearing orange shoes and gold handbags
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Now these are the nights I am going to remember
Dead Net Cord is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #572
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Is this just one big troll thread? Some of these comments can't be serious.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #573
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateya View Post
Johnny, your serve is a mess

But it can be fixed. I had a joke serve to begin with, but have corrected it at the age of 20 to be somewhat competitive.

I had a few rolemodels from ATP and WTA and tried to copy them with help of videos and my coach. I still have a very quick service action and low ball toss, something like Montanes. Looks a bit goofy, but it's quite effective as you can see. Also had trouble delivering topspin to the ball, it took me a long time to bend the knees properly and get the whole rythm of the service motion right.

stop clowning you don't need to serve to be good in women tennis.

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #574
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

btw how the hell did you menage to lose to this mug ranked #2223
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #575
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, that serve is one big, huge, massive mess.

No rotation; no knee bend; no left shoulder up, right down; low, misplaced toss... Hell, where did you learn how to serve? I can't find a single basic core feature of the tennis serve that you have.

Also, forehand doesn't always have to be so jumpy. When you have time, keep your weight on that right foot, then move your body forward when hitting the ball.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #576
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

re video

Solid solid solid...

Two formidable weapons in your arsenal: Nadal's fearhand and Gasquet's backhand.
is there nothing?  Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal
certainly win Roger? Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)
Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Click for Jacko & Bubble-Rod => http://postimg.org/image/tvdauba7z/
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #577
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post

His lefty serve and FH, when on, I can do nothing.
Dude,this guy is atrocious.He is very tall so he might snatch a couple of good first serves from time to time,but his FH? Got nothing on it,I won't even mention his technique.2nd serve is also a joke,all in all he looks like a total amateur.Do not tell me this guy is your level,I hoped you'd tape against someone who is decent and can generate some pace.If you can't deal with this guy's serve,makes me wonder how would you deal with an actual serve of a competitive player.
You move okay,you can set it up well and hit a decent FH when you have time...But all this is amateur level tennis.What you need to do is play consistently with the guys who are close to the level you want to be at first,players who play futures and don't get destroyed in QR1.To get accustomed to the speed and pace you require.
And you need to change some fundamentals.You don't have a single flawless shot,technique wise.You do need a coach who will start changing that and guiding you throughout the whole process.Coaches aren't someone who just tell you to bend knees,at least not those who don't look at you as a grown up
who's aim from the lessons is to be able to hit 10 FH's without a mistake so he can have a better hit with his 50 year old club team mate.

Again,do not play with guys like this,because you get literally nothing in terms of where you want to go,improvement to be able to play on futures level.I can beat a technically flawed football player 10 times in a row with bagels and breadsticks and it means nothing when you meet guys at totally different level.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #578
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
your friend has top 100 potential
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:50 AM   #579
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

without going too much into details, I've sent your video to a couple of friends who have an academy, my question is: would u be willing to move to europe if these people are interested in giving you a 'scholarship' and the possibility to train in their academy?
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #580
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
without going too much into details, I've sent your video to a couple of friends who have an academy, my question is: would u be willing to move to europe if these people are interested in giving you a 'scholarship' and the possibility to train in their academy?
Which country if you don't mind me asking?

Are we talking Switzerland or Kosovo here?

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #581
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've seen Hostel, this won't end well.

Dustin Brown - Fabio Fognini - Gaël Monfils - Jerzy Janowicz - Alexandr Dolgopolov

Ernests Gulbis - Nick Kyrgios - Pablo Cuevas - Taro Daniel - Igor Sijsling - Paolo Lorenzi - Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
What you talking about Willis?
El Pendejo dice que el número uno no es suficiente pero el buitre de lenders, ferrer, puede ganar 7 tourneos sin mi permiso.
Mi boyfriend federer is goat, no?
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:34 AM   #582
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

I know because my serve used to be terrible and now it's one of my best shots - the toss is the most important by far. Guys have had success with short tosses like a Tipsarevic or Dolgopolov and high ones like Berdych and Soderling, but the key is rhythm with your whole body, and there is none right now. You can't serve well without good rhythm.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:22 AM   #583
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we can see the Kyle vs Johnny & Sapeod vs HowManyTimes matches on video someday.

I can't decide who I want to see kick ass in the Kyle vs Johnny match. Both need to taste some humble pie
is there nothing?  Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal
certainly win Roger? Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)
Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Click for Jacko & Bubble-Rod => http://postimg.org/image/tvdauba7z/
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:13 AM   #584
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
your BH looks like struggle shot, you have De Schepper like motion, so it can't be good
Maybe iT looks THAt way, but IN COMPETITION, When i haVE TIME TO SET UP, i CaN RIP IT WELL WITH THe top spin. When I am A bIT LAtE, yes, mY dEFENSIVE bh SLICE can improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowManyTimes View Post
Don't quit your job
Trying, trying not to quit this job. I want to go until December 29, 2013, so I can save up enough money for most of 2014, giving me enough time to get enough game to get some academy coaching/sparring job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Net Cord View Post
What's your approach towards claycourts, hardcourts and grasscourts?
Down here, the only clay is green clay, the Har-Tru, which I enjoy, I have been playing on it since high school days, and most tournament are on green clay, including in Sunrise this weekend. I have only played on red clay once, when I was lucky enough to go to Vienna in 2007, and I also enjoyed the red clay.

Hardcourts of all color, speed, and bounce I also enjoy, of course you must change up your movement for hard courts, and also you can go for more with the serve and be more confident attacking and coming to the net.

Grass i have never played on, not yet at least.

Bottom line, my favorite surface is whatever the next tournament is being contested on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
btw how the hell did you menage to lose to this mug ranked #2223
Far too many DF, mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Seriously, that serve is one big, huge, massive mess.

No rotation; no knee bend; no left shoulder up, right down; low, misplaced toss... Hell, where did you learn how to serve? I can't find a single basic core feature of the tennis serve that you have.

Also, forehand doesn't always have to be so jumpy. When you have time, keep your weight on that right foot, then move your body forward when hitting the ball.
Yes, the serve is atrocious, and will be my main focus for tomorrow's practice, especially since I am off work tomorrow, I can just hit serves for like 3-4 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
re video

Solid solid solid...

Two formidable weapons in your arsenal: Nadal's fearhand and Gasquet's backhand.
I looked towards guys like Gasquet/Wawrinka/Almagro etc. for my one hander when I switched it 2 years ago, and the FH i tried to model, the swing at least, on Fed/Nadal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heart24 View Post
Dude,this guy is atrocious.He is very tall so he might snatch a couple of good first serves from time to time,but his FH? Got nothing on it,I won't even mention his technique.2nd serve is also a joke,all in all he looks like a total amateur.Do not tell me this guy is your level,I hoped you'd tape against someone who is decent and can generate some pace.If you can't deal with this guy's serve,makes me wonder how would you deal with an actual serve of a competitive player.
You move okay,you can set it up well and hit a decent FH when you have time...But all this is amateur level tennis.What you need to do is play consistently with the guys who are close to the level you want to be at first,players who play futures and don't get destroyed in QR1.To get accustomed to the speed and pace you require.
And you need to change some fundamentals.You don't have a single flawless shot,technique wise.You do need a coach who will start changing that and guiding you throughout the whole process.Coaches aren't someone who just tell you to bend knees,at least not those who don't look at you as a grown up
who's aim from the lessons is to be able to hit 10 FH's without a mistake so he can have a better hit with his 50 year old club team mate.

Again,do not play with guys like this,because you get literally nothing in terms of where you want to go,improvement to be able to play on futures level.I can beat a technically flawed football player 10 times in a row with bagels and breadsticks and it means nothing when you meet guys at totally different level.
Good points here.

Quote:
Well I am not holding my breath for this, and of course the devil is in the details, but yeah, I am always open to all ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Johansen View Post
I know because my serve used to be terrible and now it's one of my best shots - the toss is the most important by far. Guys have had success with short tosses like a Tipsarevic or Dolgopolov and high ones like Berdych and Soderling, but the key is rhythm with your whole body, and there is none right now. You can't serve well without good rhythm.
Rhythm and toss is a big issue, I've GOT to get my serve issues sorted out ASAP.

Considering my lack of confidence in serve atm, I will be in the 4.5's this weekend.

http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournamen....aspx?T=128903
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #585
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Reserve a spot for me in your box at next year's AO bra.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote