Johnny Groove Tennis Career - Page 31 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #451
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

When the first thing you see is a Nadall poster in the morning of course you wake up with a stiff wang.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #452
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
He can't, though.

I'm pro-dreams and anti-delusion, I just want to see my sweet Johnny channel his big heart towards a goal that's actually achievable
this, Johnny's passion is admirable but the reality is it is far and large obvious he should try a different career path

there are thousands of players as good as him who ARENT ATP ranked. sad but true

and frankly its awesome that after years you are managing to win games against some good young players but you're 23, you're not going to get exponentially better at this point (probably, generally people who excel at a sport get very good very young)

I know you are just being positive and having fun with the crazy goals but even getting an ATP ranking you would have to be probably multiple times better than you are now which is crazy. you're 23! you're having back problems, the chances for you to improve exponentially if you are already having physical problems AND have no funding for special training makes it nearly impossible that you will be able to improve enough to even win Futures matches ever

I don't mean to be extremely negative but while it's awesome that you're doing something you love when you can, I'm afraid you'll waste a lot of opportunities trying to do something that is fruitless in tennis here. others have recommended good advice, consider applying at some clubs or even colleges to be some assistant or adviser for a tennis team possibly. your knowledge of tennis certainly outweighs your skill or potential

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #453

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
I honestly think that those who talk too much are really not good into their Art. Instead of being an MTF Hero, why dont you go and actually talk to Coaches and Players and work on your Game.

I have seen Many Big Mouths and Big talkers lose their way. Watch it Johnny.
this.
Groove should be begging and grinding to get coaches and up and coming players in his area to let him practice and learn from them

it's kind of a pain in the ass, but when you really want to do something and what you've BEEN doing isn't working then you need to change it up
you should be trying something new because frankly training on your own or with such limited means will not help you improve vastly.
I would seriously recommend if you have the time to see if you can find some form of internship for some coach or club or possibly volunteer to be free help
Shinoj is in a way right, I dig the aspirations but the issue becomes when you put your dreams on such a high pedestal that they become more of a thought than a reality
if you keep doing things how you've been doing them it will continue to be a dream. don't live through this forum, jump into the real air in front of you and desperately try to grab and get whatever tools and help you can
you've been stagnating in a way, you need to do whatever it takes to get someone more experienced to help you (tennis wise!)

Rafael Nadal
Old 10-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #454
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

what was your junior highest ranking?
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
I will never be happy just doing that stuff, man. Trust me, I've tried it. First off, you can't get any coaching job unless you have some career in the first place. Second, commentary, writing, umpiring, all that other shit, I will never be happy doing that, I've done it. I've worked in tennis pro shops, I've worked giving lessons and shit, and I am beyond depressed while doing it. I can't just play tennis on the weekends, I will never be happy doing that.

Yes, I know it is risky to do things the way I am doing. Yes I know the odds are 1 billion trillion to 1 or whatever that I will succeed. But there is a chance, I'm sayin' there's a chance. If there is even a sniff of a chance of me making it, which there is, I can't NOT take it. If that means I end up sleeping in my car for a couple of years, if I lose all my friends, if I don't get married and start a family until well into my 30's, then so be it, that is my plan anyway.

I can't just be another average schmuck without at least giving it everything I have to this sport. If I quit now, I will always look back and wonder. I can't do that. Of course I've thought about it. Of course I've considered giving it up, getting a regular job, settling down with a nice girl, etc. etc., of course those things have crossed my mind, how could it not with my results so far?

But there is this thing inside of me, this fire, this voice telling me not to give up, not to give in, to keep going. Despite the financial straits I am in, despite my results being poor so far, despite suffering every injury under the sun almost between age 17-23. I could have quit millions of times, I could have given it up years ago.

But still I rise. Still I work, still I compete, still I have the passion to go out there every day and train, then go deliver pizzas 5 nights a week until 1 AM. It may sound like a shitty life to those on the outside, but it is your mentality. My mentality is that I AM going to make it, and that I have turned a corner recently and things are REALLY going to start happening now. Life is NOT easy when every rational person and thought is telling me to quit but my soul tells me to carry on.

There must be a reason why I have fought so long. There must be a reason I have suffered and fought through every injury I've had so far. There must be a reason why I have bought and read dozens of tennis books and biographies of all the tennis greats of the past, downloaded and watched tennis matches from the 60's to today. There must be a reason why I have researched the game from the fucking 1870's until today and read all the results and scores, with no prodding from anyone else. There must be a reason, and it must be more than just posting on MTF.

I still believe I will make it.
the problem is there is no chance Groove

if you can't find some happiness in just giving lessons or working a tennis environment or even becoming a writer or columnist of the sport then that is quite concerning

you're 23, you started too late, it is what it is

I'm not trying to be an ass hole but if you do not consider other career options or more realistic goals then like HowManyTimes said, you will doom yourself for the future

anyone can have fire and belief and love something to death but that doesn't mean it will happen. I can stare at a graveyard and wish and plead for someone to come back to life with more passion than anything or anyone else in the world but it won't do anything. just because you WANT to be a pro tennis player doesn't mean you deserve it to happen or that life it will be more willed to happen

reality : you should go find some other career path, build some success there, get some good savings, and if you truly think you can play until you are 40 then come back when you are like 30 and try tennis out again so that you have a CAREER to fall back onto and more wisdom

Rafael Nadal
Old 10-13-2013, 07:08 AM   #456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
I'm not gonna tell you how to raise your kids, but what exactly example would you be giving them by answering "I didn't make it because I wasn't good enough, but kept wasting my life on it."?
It's one thing to tell your kids to chase their dreams, but teaching them to be realistic is also very important, don't you think?
Not many succeed in tennis and there's no shame in not making it when you know you gave your best.
I'm sorry mate, but the way you're going, you're bound to have a painful reality check when you reach 40 and realize you can't keep playing for 10 more years hoping that something will drastically change and you'll become a regular ATP level player.
this!
sometimes in life even when we love things we have to let them go!
no offense to Johnny, but there are many many great great junior players who at like 16, 17 years old were vastly better than he is now and really ever has the hope to get to... where did they end up?
I'll clue you in : they didn't make it the PRO level because it's so astronomically hard to make it. players who started at like 4 years old, who had junior success, the huge majority don't make it to the ATP
Deathless Mortal is correct, you have time to make the right decisions RIGHT NOW
everyone dreams of grandeur but I think you have deluded your brain with dreams
if you're 40 years old and tell your daughter that she's a failure if she doesn't acccomplish her dreams then what will that say?
there's nothing wrong with being an average human being
I'm afraid your problem is that you're too self centered to accept an average life
you want more than you deserve
at least in terms of tennis

Rafael Nadal
Old 10-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
any random pro in the top 2000 would beat you 6-0 6-0 without breaking a sweat. Luis Patino of Mexico ranked 1130? 6-0 6-0 with a heavy camping backpack on.

how are you going to compete with them?
^^^ this is unfortunate reality

I'm just baffled, like it truly blows my mind, you're getting routined by players in multiple tiered levels BELOW the top few thousands, what results have you made that give you any inclination of EVER being able to beat even player ranked 2000?

Rafael Nadal
Old 10-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #458

after reading through this thread more, I feel very stupid taking it seriously

Johnny its absurd that you would troll so excessively for so long

Rafael Nadal
Old 10-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #459
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Now these are the nights I am going to remember. Working all night, taking 16 deliveries, then coming back and doing a mountain of fucking dishes, not getting out of work until 2 AM. These are the nights I am going to remember when I am the top of the game, and the press asks me about how I am so mentally strong. These are the nights I am going to remember when I am staring down break point on my own 2nd serve. Yeah, ok, you're gonna break my serve. Over my dead fucking body.

Mountaindewslave, I thank you for you doubting because you are doing nothing but giving me more motivation. You want to bet against me? Go ahead. Make my fucking day, motherfucker.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #460
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

how much do you ask for a pepperoni down at your take away?
do you have gluteen free options?
Old 10-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #461
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe some of these posts from Johnny Groove.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #462
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
I can't believe some of these posts from Johnny Groove.
Well, he said he's an entertainer, and I guess we are all entertained
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #463
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Make my fucking day, motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisCup2014 View Post
Then get him out of your avatar and sig talking about him like that, disgrace.
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH

Criticism of Federer = Thoughtcrime
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #464
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Ok so here is the thing, I've stayed up all night trying to figure out how you could climb the ranking: u need better coaching.
You'll need to pay for it, that means you need money as soon as possible.
One thing that come to my mind is the plot of an old academy award winning movie; there was this delivery guy who was completely broken just like you and had to find money to fund his college.
The core of the story is that the guy started to run a male escorting job behind the delivery pizza coverage, all the solitary and unhappy married women had to do to have his services was to order a pizza with 'extra anchovies' which was the code word to have deliveries delivered by him.
The lead actor ends up in college and happy with his gf.
Now all you have to do is spread around some flyers and word-of-mouth advertising and you really should be able to make a living out of it and afford coaching, travles to futures and equipment.
this will also solve your urge to unload the gun several times a day.

Last edited by motorhead : 10-13-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #465
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Make my fucking day, motherfucker.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote