Johnny Groove Tennis Career - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #31
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top 100 in 2 years? My coach thinks so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
wrong thread fast_clay
cheers...

i wondered where the bastard went...

i had two open at the same time, replied... then went to do some other shit...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #32
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

and yeah jon man...

best to remove yourself from all bullshit and negativity if you really want something... american futures qualy draws are tough enough as it is, 128 at times, so your condition is tough enough as it stand without shit getting inbetween your ears... surround yourself with some hard working people who are straight enough to not feed you the truth and not what you want to hear...

good luck with the first point...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #33
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute

do you have any video of you playing?
I am travelling in 4 hours to Czech Republic to finally play my first match futures level. Maybe I'll see you in Roland Garros final one day

ExcaliburII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #34
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:41 AM   #35
country flag GugaF1

GugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburII View Post
I am travelling in 4 hours to Czech Republic to finally play my first match futures level. Maybe I'll see you in Roland Garros final one day
Why go to Czech Republic when there several futures in Brazil, unless of course you are not from Argentina.
GugaF1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #36
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
That would be great practice to hit with the WTA players. Because in the scheme of college tennis the UCF players are ok. None are in the NCAA top 125 though.

Is there any one thing your coach is really good at coaching? Like a speciality.
A specialty? I would imagine it is his experience. He has coached Andrei Pavel to the top 15, and several women into the top 20 WTA. He has had 40 years in the business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GugaF1 View Post
I am curious, give us a sense of what is your tennis background, how old were you when you started what has been your best tennis victories momments. Did you get to play High school tennis, did you play USTA tennis are you a 4.5 5.0 level of tennis etc.
First time I ever watched tennis was 2001 Wimbledon, because I liked to say "Ivanisevic"

I followed casually the next few years until about 2004 when I really go into it. I had played baseball and racquetball when I was younger, and picked up tennis at 14. I remember watching Roddick lose to Pim Pim at the 2004 USO. After that I said to myself: "USA needs a new tennis star. Why not me?"

So I trained myself the next few years, hitting on the walls and learning from youtube videos and online articles. I have played thousands of matches, and my best one was a match I won 8-6 in the 5th one time during college i played on my high school team and USTA when I was younger, and recently 2 future qualies back in January. Scores? 0-6 1-6 and 0-6 0-6

I am at least a 5.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Ehren View Post
2014 Wimbledon R1: Groove Dude def. Roger Federer 5-7 6-3 4-6 6-4 6-2!

Also, watch out for me, bitch!

2016 Roland Garros R1: Me def. Rafael Nadal 6-0 6-0 7-6 <------ pity set.

Being serious, good luck. I may hate you a lot, but it'll be interesting to have an MTF poster being a huge player! Hopefully X joins you!
If Nadal lasts until 2016

Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vn01 View Post
Yay! all the best, Jon!
Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
and yeah jon man...

best to remove yourself from all bullshit and negativity if you really want something... american futures qualy draws are tough enough as it is, 128 at times, so your condition is tough enough as it stand without shit getting inbetween your ears... surround yourself with some hard working people who are straight enough to not feed you the truth and not what you want to hear...

good luck with the first point...
Good advice, mate, thanks much

Quote:
No video yet, the next few weeks perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Good luck!
Thanks
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:55 AM   #37
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Can't wait to hear about your progress

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:15 AM   #38
country flag MayerFan

MayerFan has a reputation beyond reputeMayerFan has a reputation beyond reputeMayerFan has a reputation beyond reputeMayerFan has a reputation beyond reputeMayerFan has a reputation beyond reputeMayerFan has a reputation beyond reputeMayerFan has a reputation beyond reputeMayerFan has a reputation beyond reputeMayerFan has a reputation beyond reputeMayerFan has a reputation beyond reputeMayerFan has a reputation beyond repute

How old are you?
MayerFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:12 AM   #39
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GugaF1 View Post
Why go to Czech Republic when there several futures in Brazil, unless of course you are not from Argentina.
I am living in Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayerFan View Post
How old are you?

Old 05-13-2011, 03:14 AM   #40
country flag ExcaliburII

Just one thing, do you know how many people in the world train daily and have done this for years and still cant be in top 500? Some cant even get an ATP point. Top100 is too much of a goal.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:58 AM   #41
country flag GugaF1

GugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just one thing, do you know how many people in the world train daily and have done this for years and still cant be in top 500? Some cant even get an ATP point. Top100 is too much of a goal.
And you are in the same boat right, what gives you confidence that you are going to get your ATP point, what is your tennis background? do you expect to make a career out of it ?
GugaF1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:12 AM   #42
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Ehren View Post
2014 Wimbledon R1: Groove Dude def. Roger Federer 5-7 6-3 4-6 6-4 6-2!
Youngsters still needing five sets to beat a 33 year old long past his prime Olderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:18 AM   #43
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Excalibur played golf
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #44
country flag fabolous

fabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am living in Germany
do you play german league tennis?

@ jon, good luck but don't be disappointed if you won't reach all your goals.
fabolous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #45
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

That's cool, Jonathan! I envy you Enjoy the tennis pro time and don't get discouraged. Hold and hold and hold. You'll have result if you keep on working.
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote