Johnny Groove #6 seed in Fort Lauderdale this weekend - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 10-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #361
country flag Unforced Terror
Registered User
 
Unforced Terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,403
Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
I will never be happy just doing that stuff, man. Trust me, I've tried it. First off, you can't get any coaching job unless you have some career in the first place. Second, commentary, writing, umpiring, all that other shit, I will never be happy doing that, I've done it. I've worked in tennis pro shops, I've worked giving lessons and shit, and I am beyond depressed while doing it. I can't just play tennis on the weekends, I will never be happy doing that.

Yes, I know it is risky to do things the way I am doing. Yes I know the odds are 1 billion trillion to 1 or whatever that I will succeed. But there is a chance, I'm sayin' there's a chance. If there is even a sniff of a chance of me making it, which there is, I can't NOT take it. If that means I end up sleeping in my car for a couple of years, if I lose all my friends, if I don't get married and start a family until well into my 30's, then so be it, that is my plan anyway.

I can't just be another average schmuck without at least giving it everything I have to this sport. If I quit now, I will always look back and wonder. I can't do that. Of course I've thought about it. Of course I've considered giving it up, getting a regular job, settling down with a nice girl, etc. etc., of course those things have crossed my mind, how could it not with my results so far?

But there is this thing inside of me, this fire, this voice telling me not to give up, not to give in, to keep going. Despite the financial straits I am in, despite my results being poor so far, despite suffering every injury under the sun almost between age 17-23. I could have quit millions of times, I could have given it up years ago.

But still I rise. Still I work, still I compete, still I have the passion to go out there every day and train, then go deliver pizzas 5 nights a week until 1 AM. It may sound like a shitty life to those on the outside, but it is your mentality. My mentality is that I AM going to make it, and that I have turned a corner recently and things are REALLY going to start happening now. Life is NOT easy when every rational person and thought is telling me to quit but my soul tells me to carry on.

There must be a reason why I have fought so long. There must be a reason I have suffered and fought through every injury I've had so far. There must be a reason why I have bought and read dozens of tennis books and biographies of all the tennis greats of the past, downloaded and watched tennis matches from the 60's to today. There must be a reason why I have researched the game from the fucking 1870's until today and read all the results and scores, with no prodding from anyone else. There must be a reason, and it must be more than just posting on MTF.

I still believe I will make it.
What about being a hitting partner?
__________________
Tsonga- Federer- Nishikori- Dimitrov- Robredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Nothing wrong with my serve technically
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #362
country flag Chris Kuerten
Registered User
 
Chris Kuerten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 9,976
Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
I will never be happy just doing that stuff, man. Trust me, I've tried it. First off, you can't get any coaching job unless you have some career in the first place. Second, commentary, writing, umpiring, all that other shit, I will never be happy doing that, I've done it. I've worked in tennis pro shops, I've worked giving lessons and shit, and I am beyond depressed while doing it. I can't just play tennis on the weekends, I will never be happy doing that.

Yes, I know it is risky to do things the way I am doing. Yes I know the odds are 1 billion trillion to 1 or whatever that I will succeed. But there is a chance, I'm sayin' there's a chance. If there is even a sniff of a chance of me making it, which there is, I can't NOT take it. If that means I end up sleeping in my car for a couple of years, if I lose all my friends, if I don't get married and start a family until well into my 30's, then so be it, that is my plan anyway.

I can't just be another average schmuck without at least giving it everything I have to this sport. If I quit now, I will always look back and wonder. I can't do that. Of course I've thought about it. Of course I've considered giving it up, getting a regular job, settling down with a nice girl, etc. etc., of course those things have crossed my mind, how could it not with my results so far?

But there is this thing inside of me, this fire, this voice telling me not to give up, not to give in, to keep going. Despite the financial straits I am in, despite my results being poor so far, despite suffering every injury under the sun almost between age 17-23. I could have quit millions of times, I could have given it up years ago.

But still I rise. Still I work, still I compete, still I have the passion to go out there every day and train, then go deliver pizzas 5 nights a week until 1 AM. It may sound like a shitty life to those on the outside, but it is your mentality. My mentality is that I AM going to make it, and that I have turned a corner recently and things are REALLY going to start happening now. Life is NOT easy when every rational person and thought is telling me to quit but my soul tells me to carry on.

There must be a reason why I have fought so long. There must be a reason I have suffered and fought through every injury I've had so far. There must be a reason why I have bought and read dozens of tennis books and biographies of all the tennis greats of the past, downloaded and watched tennis matches from the 60's to today. There must be a reason why I have researched the game from the fucking 1870's until today and read all the results and scores, with no prodding from anyone else. There must be a reason, and it must be more than just posting on MTF.

I still believe I will make it.


Oh Johnny, you sweet restless soul.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
Ruben Ramirez was in a hotel in Rio Preto Brasil last year when his doubles partner Ferreiro decided to go see the night in the city. He opened his arms widely and said: que pasa man? we have match tomorrow.

Legend.
Quote:
“Some players say to me, ‘Why are you still playing?’ ” Ramirez Hidalgo said. “I still play because tennis is my life. Tennis gives me everything, more than I dreamed when I was young.”
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #363
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30,390
Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
I mean, I don't want to be 40, sitting on the couch watching TV and my kids ask me: "Daddy, how come you never made it?". And I answer: "Because I gave up at 23." What kind of example for my kids is that?
I'm not gonna tell you how to raise your kids, but what exactly example would you be giving them by answering "I didn't make it because I wasn't good enough, but kept wasting my life on it."?
It's one thing to tell your kids to chase their dreams, but teaching them to be realistic is also very important, don't you think?
Not many succeed in tennis and there's no shame in not making it when you know you gave your best.
I'm sorry mate, but the way you're going, you're bound to have a painful reality check when you reach 40 and realize you can't keep playing for 10 more years hoping that something will drastically change and you'll become a regular ATP level player.
__________________

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #364
country flag motorhead
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,794
motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

post some videos of yours and I'll tell you what to change.
I'm starting to take to heart this journey to the breakthrough
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #365
country flag Mr. Oracle
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,337
Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
I'm not gonna tell you how to raise your kids, but what exactly example would you be giving them by answering "I didn't make it because I wasn't good enough, but kept wasting my life on it."?
It's one thing to tell your kids to chase their dreams, but teaching them to be realistic is also very important, don't you think?
Not many succeed in tennis and there's no shame in not making it when you know you gave your best.
I'm sorry mate, but the way you're going, you're bound to have a painful reality check when you reach 40 and realize you can't keep playing for 10 more years hoping that something will drastically change and you'll become a regular ATP level player.
Careful now, or he'll tell you to go f**k yourself like he did me when I questioned his claim that he was as fit as Djokovic.
I agree with you though, reality checks are unpleasant but they can salvage your future.
Nevertheless, who am I to stand in between a man and his dreams? I still dream I will act with Pacino and Deniro in a gangster film.
Good luck to Johnny Groove, and I hope he makes it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
And, Roger Federer ranks 5th. But any problem cannot be found? is there nothing?  

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #366
country flag Cava
Registered User
 
Cava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 36
Posts: 2,613
Cava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

OP is U.S. 4.0-4.5 level which is closer to beginner than it is to ATP #1000.

This is not even a delusional individual with big dreams. It's just a 2+ year troll attempt.

<runs back to the tennis only forums>
__________________
TT Singles 62 <> TT Doubles 101 <> PAW 30 <> Suicide 26 <> DTT (W: 2012 AUS OPEN)
Cava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #367
country flag motorhead
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,794
motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

wasn't Lorenzi a U.S. 4.0-4.5 level just a few years ago too? JG has set a long term goal, it's up to him to make it happen (and I think it is provided he receive some form of coaching)

Last edited by motorhead : 10-08-2013 at 11:07 PM.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #368
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast
 
emotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 19
Posts: 37,491
emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

^No, he was a pro. Not a top pro, but still 6.0 or 6.5 (7.0 is top 150-200)
I'm a 4.0 and 18- can likely be 4.5 by end of college- and I have 0 hope of ever being a pro- but I won't tell JG what to do or not
__________________


Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem

Last edited by emotion : 10-08-2013 at 11:17 PM.
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #369
country flag Brick Top
Registered User
 
Brick Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Planet Djokovic
Posts: 2,455
Brick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Johnny should retire for his fans.
__________________
Heroes
Djoker = GOAT
DelPo = Purger of the Vultures
Hewitt = Llegend
Iron STan = Saviour of tennis
Villains
Nadull - moonballer with zero talent
Ferrer - Talentless Vulture
Tomic - overrated mug who will never win anything big

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
Basically, Queerey is a disgrace to the human race.
Brick Top is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:53 AM   #370
country flag Kowchi
Registered User
 
Kowchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Age: 22
Posts: 2,556
Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Its so hard to be an ATP pro. You just need money. Probably 1/500 pro's are rags to riches stories. Most players have parents who make 100,000-1,000,000$. Tennis is a rich mans sport.

Maybe if you got enough funding for a coach or personal fitness trainer it would be easier. Idk, don't want to crush your dreams boss, but back problems, plus lack of funding, does not bode too well for a tennis players success.
__________________
I support Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, David Ferrer, Del Potro.

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple


* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #371
country flag GhostUnholy
Registered User
 
GhostUnholy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 24
Posts: 1,384
GhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Hey Johnny, was just reading some of your updates. You've picked a hard road for yourself, but I admire how committed you are to go after your dreams and how hard you seem to be working at it. It's important not to get discouraged, regardless of what your goals are in life. Howmanytimes is right to point out that its important to think about cultivating skills that will make you employable and starting to think about securing your financial future early on, but I know you know that, and you don't need us to sit here on MTF and discourage you. I will say that as a comparable, I gave up on being a musician to finish my medical training now after taking a couple years off to record and tour. The life was hard and I know going forward I'll be much more secure financially and the time was right for me but it will definitely always be in the back of my mind that maybe I could have done something more with it. Anyways, to avoid rambling too much, just wanted to say I understand where you're coming from and wish you luck, keep up the hard work man.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras
ROFL.. Have we had any rallies yet? This match already sucks. 1-2 shot rallies and then someone breaks down.
GhostUnholy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #372
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 24
Posts: 35,890
Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
You go, Johnny!
MariaV, one of the few people on the planet (literally) who has always believed

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
Xristos 2.0
Xristos has actually already retired, iirc.

But even he will tell you he didn't have the same passion as I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post
What about being a hitting partner?
I have no interest in being the next Thomas Drouet.

If I am good enough to be a hitting partner, I'm good enough to play on the tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
I'm not gonna tell you how to raise your kids, but what exactly example would you be giving them by answering "I didn't make it because I wasn't good enough, but kept wasting my life on it."?
It's one thing to tell your kids to chase their dreams, but teaching them to be realistic is also very important, don't you think?
Not many succeed in tennis and there's no shame in not making it when you know you gave your best.
I'm sorry mate, but the way you're going, you're bound to have a painful reality check when you reach 40 and realize you can't keep playing for 10 more years hoping that something will drastically change and you'll become a regular ATP level player.
Well I have several bones to pick with this post.

1. I am not wasting my life on it. Not going for it would be wasting my life.

2. This "be realistic" phrase that I hate. Realism is relative. Was it "realistic" to get to the moon? Was it "realistic" to climb Everest? Was it "realistic" to sail west from Europe and find land?

3. As for the drastic reality check, etc., well, we gonna see, won't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
post some videos of yours and I'll tell you what to change.
I'm starting to take to heart this journey to the breakthrough
I am David Ferrer size, great speed around the court, very strong forehand, very solid and powerful one handed backhand. My net game can improve, and my serve can improve, also my return of serve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Careful now, or he'll tell you to go f**k yourself like he did me when I questioned his claim that he was as fit as Djokovic.
I agree with you though, reality checks are unpleasant but they can salvage your future.
Nevertheless, who am I to stand in between a man and his dreams? I still dream I will act with Pacino and Deniro in a gangster film.
Good luck to Johnny Groove, and I hope he makes it
Now, now, this is not entirely accurate. Yes I did tell you to fuck off, but I never claimed I was as fit as Djokovic.

Thanks for the support, regardless, even if you are being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cava View Post
OP is U.S. 4.0-4.5 level which is closer to beginner than it is to ATP #1000.

This is not even a delusional individual with big dreams. It's just a 2+ year troll attempt.

<runs back to the tennis only forums>
Well, we gonna see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
wasn't Lorenzi a U.S. 4.0-4.5 level just a few years ago too? JG has set a long term goal, it's up to him to make it happen (and I think it is provided he receive some form of coaching)
I have already had 7 months of coaching, 5 hours a day, 5 days a week, so I know how to play. The problem has always been overcoming injuries, having money to play events, and my serve, specifically my toss height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotion View Post
^No, he was a pro. Not a top pro, but still 6.0 or 6.5 (7.0 is top 150-200)
I'm a 4.0 and 18- can likely be 4.5 by end of college- and I have 0 hope of ever being a pro- but I won't tell JG what to do or not
Well we have different goals in life, that is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
Johnny should retire for his fans.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
Its so hard to be an ATP pro. You just need money. Probably 1/500 pro's are rags to riches stories. Most players have parents who make 100,000-1,000,000$. Tennis is a rich mans sport.

Maybe if you got enough funding for a coach or personal fitness trainer it would be easier. Idk, don't want to crush your dreams boss, but back problems, plus lack of funding, does not bode too well for a tennis players success.
You are right, tennis is a rich man's sport, and it is 1/1000000000 or even more that I will make it. But there is always a chance. I've already had a coach, and I am my own personal fitness trainer. I know it is the longest of shots, but where there is a will, there is a way, and I know I will make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostUnholy View Post
Hey Johnny, was just reading some of your updates. You've picked a hard road for yourself, but I admire how committed you are to go after your dreams and how hard you seem to be working at it. It's important not to get discouraged, regardless of what your goals are in life. Howmanytimes is right to point out that its important to think about cultivating skills that will make you employable and starting to think about securing your financial future early on, but I know you know that, and you don't need us to sit here on MTF and discourage you. I will say that as a comparable, I gave up on being a musician to finish my medical training now after taking a couple years off to record and tour. The life was hard and I know going forward I'll be much more secure financially and the time was right for me but it will definitely always be in the back of my mind that maybe I could have done something more with it. Anyways, to avoid rambling too much, just wanted to say I understand where you're coming from and wish you luck, keep up the hard work man.
I've always felt you were one of the better posters on here and this post confirmed it. Your bolded part is especially true, and the biggest thing I want to avoid. I would not be able to live with myself, I would be tortured mentally with such a thought in the back of my mind.

If you don't mind, what was the reason you stopped recording and touring? Did you lose the passion for it at all?
__________________
Respect the Laws of MTF
Brush up on your tennis history, people- Top 101 Tennis Players of all Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #373
country flag Time Violation
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 35
Posts: 11,562
Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Do you have some checkpoints? For example, if two or three years later you're still not pro will you reconsider it then? Surely no need to wait you are actually 40 to know whether you can make it or no?
__________________
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #374
country flag ProdigyEng
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 21
Posts: 27,636
ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Johnny, it's great that you're not getting disheartened by the losses etc.

Perhaps a coach would help, although I know that's not easy given how much it would cost to get one. Is there not like Tennis training camps around your area where you could get coached for say a 6 week period ?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
And, Roger Federer ranks 5th.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #375
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 36
Posts: 53,458
scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Do you have some checkpoints? For example, if two or three years later you're still not pro will you reconsider it then? Surely no need to wait you are actually 40 to know whether you can make it or no?
This makes sense to me. By all means give yourself a period of time where you 100% commit to trying to make it happen, but if it's not happening for you after that time has elapsed, accept that and move on to other things.

Sometimes life is about achieving dreams and sometimes it's about letting dreams go and making your peace with that. Giving all you have to achieve a dream is admirable but these things are often out of your hands. Good luck, anyway.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios