Johnny Groove vs. Freak3yman84 3-6 1-6 3-6, video and thesis on post #4,506 - Page 226 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #3376
country flag InfoKenway

InfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove vs. David J. Neitzel, Tamarac Men's Open R64

Tough match. David has a great BH, so try to slice on FH.

Sometimes Support:Wawrinka,Ferrer,Kohlschreiber,L.Mayer,Verdasco, Melzer,Gabashvili,Herbert,Thiem,Cuevas,Andrey Kuznetsov
I hate Robredo and Raonic
InfoKenway is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #3377
country flag InfoKenway

InfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond reputeInfoKenway has a reputation beyond repute

Rain

Sometimes Support:Wawrinka,Ferrer,Kohlschreiber,L.Mayer,Verdasco, Melzer,Gabashvili,Herbert,Thiem,Cuevas,Andrey Kuznetsov
Old 07-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #3378
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Ridiculous amounts of rain today, will finish tomorrow
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:48 PM   #3379
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

we gonna see

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:51 PM   #3380
country flag InfoKenway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Ridiculous amounts of rain today, will finish tomorrow
Did you read my tips?
Try to slice.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #3381
country flag coconut5

coconut5 has a reputation beyond reputecoconut5 has a reputation beyond reputecoconut5 has a reputation beyond reputecoconut5 has a reputation beyond reputecoconut5 has a reputation beyond reputecoconut5 has a reputation beyond reputecoconut5 has a reputation beyond reputecoconut5 has a reputation beyond reputecoconut5 has a reputation beyond reputecoconut5 has a reputation beyond reputecoconut5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove wins epically 5-7, 6-2, 6-4, then loses epically 1-6, 0-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
I was really confident going into the final, despite not being seeded I steamrolled the opposition 6-2 6-2, 6-1 6-2 and 6-3 6-1. This can partially be attributed to the fact they placed me on court one every time, which helps someone like me who is a gentle version of Fognini and likes to clown around and play trick shots to entertain the crowd. Unfortunately for the final I was placed on court two, which isn't really a problem game wise, but since it's located between court one and three it's really annoying, especially with the two doubles matches next to us. You constantly have things going on in the corner of your eyes and a constant flow of balls coming onto your court, interrupting play.

Onto the match, I was going in as the underdog (always the underdog, no?) against a 16 year old prodigy who routined me 6-2 6-4 last year in the final of my home tournament and only got stuck at this level because he got injured at the end of last season and lost some matches during the winter which messed up his rating. Nevertheless, I always #trymybest and you can't lose if you give 100%. I won the toss and elected to serve, which I always do. If you choose to receive you're trying to play to your opponent's weakness, while you should always play to your own strength. I started out rusty, shanking a lot, making loads of errors, barely being able to keep myself in a decent rally. Finally when I was down 2-5* 0-30 I started to find my range, racking up winners on both wings. The turning point was at 30-30 in that game when I pulled off a no look half volley with footwork even The Fog would be embarrassed of. Two guys who just finished their match walked past and pulled a ''not bad'' face. Not bad, indeed. I clamped down, dug myself in and starting GOATing, coming back and even going into the lead at *5-5 30-0. Then I started what one can call choking, hitting some ridiculous shots, with the worst rally at 30-30 when I should've passed him at the net three times, but kept hitting straight at him. ''JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST'' I yelled at the top of my lungs after not saying a word all match, creating some buzz in the crowd. ''You really want to lose, isn't it?'' I said on a softer tone so only the couple of spectators straight behind the court could hear it. ''It's like you get off on losing'', I thought to myself. I dropped the set 7-5, but still remained positive since I was playing so well at the middle part of the set. This proved to pay off, since I got back to GOATing and even pulled off my trademark Safinesque jumping backhand passing shot from way out of the court. Needless to say I took the second set 6-0, my opponent took a bathroom break and retired. As a lovely girl kissed and congratulated me and handed me my prize money she said ''Well done, I watched your matches on court one all week and you were great''. It was a great week indeed and I don't give a fuck that my opponent retired.

Anti-climax.

Thesis.
I can see Johnny's influence in your writing style, lol. Even throw a bit of romance in there in the end. You know what the readers want. Seriously, well done if true. It's always good to win.
coconut5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:16 AM   #3382
country flag Chris Kuerten
Banned!

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove wins epically 5-7, 6-2, 6-4, then loses epically 1-6, 0-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut5 View Post
I can see Johnny's influence in your writing style, lol. Even throw a bit of romance in there in the end. You know what the readers want. Seriously, well done if true. It's always good to win.
Thank you, Groove is a great inspiration, of course. It has already been a memorable summer after only my first two tournaments, two days ago I won a match 6-7 7-6 7-6 and yesterday I lost 6-4 6-2 to a guy who was the U14 champion of Curaçao last year
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #3383
country flag InfoKenway

Rain

Old 07-06-2014, 05:13 PM   #3384
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

vs. David J. Neitzel, Tamarac Men's Opens, July 5-6, 2014

Match was scheduled originally for 9 AM, but with torrential downpours and multiple delays, we did not take the court until 1:30 PM.

This Neitzel had some very funky shots with all kinds of wicked spin on them, very unorthodox strokes, but also very effective. Many times he would hit his shot, and I would try to adjust while the ball is in the air, and then it bounces and again I have to adjust even more and then try to hit the shot, as it bounced completely different than what my expectation was.

First game I served and held for 1-0. He then holds for 1-1. I hold for 2-1, he holds for 2-2, then I hold for 3-2.

He served at 2-3, 15-40, 2 BP to me. In a rally, we battle, and eventually one of his crazy spin shots hits the service line and bounces all weird and I send a forehand very close to the line. He calls it out, then I question it, run over and inspect, and indeed it was juuuust out.

30-40, he bounces a serve into my backhand. I slice it cross court, deep and very close to the sideline. Again he calls it out, again I go to investigate, and again my shot was juuuust out. Wide this time. Fuck.

At deuce, he again serve to my backhand, again I miss the return. Rinse and repeat on the next point, and he holds for 3-3. My backhand return is my biggest weakness.

At 3-3, my first serve goes away. Perhaps a slight mental let down, slight lack of focus, excessive perspiration from my hand causing slippage, perhaps all of the above, but I am forced to put in 2nd serves all game, and he takes control of the rallies. He breaks to 30, a double fault from me to give it away at 30-40.

At 4-3, him serving, again I have a chance, a 30-30, but he puts in a serve to my backhand, weak drive reply, winner for him. Next point he serves to my backhand, this time I slice, but the slice is not good enough and again he bosses the rally and holds for 5-3.

At 3-5, I save a set point and pumped up and hold for 4-5. I know I am going to have a chance to break here. Some solid backhand returns, a wicked forehand pass down the line and on the line and I have 0-40. But now, he is clutch. First serve in at 0-40, I get the return back into play, but I am admittedly too passive in the rally. Too much slice on the backhand and I am unable to draw the error. I had made some errors with the drive backhand all match so I tried to play too cautious. Mistake. At 15-40, he serves a 1st serve into my backhand and I miss, trying to be aggressive with the drive, trying to make amends for the previous passive point.

At 30-40, again a serve into my backhand, this time I slice, trying to just get it back into play and deep, and it sails long. Damn. Deuce, he wins, ad in, I save set point, deuce again, we have a rally, and his backhand clips the tape and skips over, out of my reach.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I say to myself. This guy is getting every little thing today.

At set point, once again, serve into my backhand, once again, missed return. 6-4 to Neitzel.

2nd set, I served first, and once again, just a slight lull in energy and focus from me and he was able to break to 30, his confidence sky high after surviving that first set. Next game I have 15-40 and can't get a backhand return into play.

"All fucking match," I say to myself, frustrated beyond belief at my inability to consistently put backhand returns into play on big points.

He holds for 2-0, and then once again breaks me to 30, as I toss in a double fault to give the break away. My serve had been great all match, only like 4 double fault. One when I had 30-0, one when I had 40-15, and 2 on break point down. At 3-0, he serves and once again I have a break point and once again my backhand return is not good enough and he takes control of the rally immediately. 4-0 to Neitzel.

At 0-4, I am able to hold for 1-4, then he holds for 5-1, no break points for me in this game. I serve 1-5, he misses the backhand return, 15-0. The weather had been deteriorating all second set, lightning strikes in the distance and clouds gathering. I looked up to serve and rain was pelting me in the face. At 15-0, the rain picks up and it starts pouring. We rush off and we are suspended for the day.

This morning, we come back onto court. From 15-0 to 30-40 and I save a set point, then hold for 2-5. At 5-2, he serves. I make the return, then he hits a wicked forehand spinner that I simply cannot read, and shank my forehand into the net. At 15-0, I return with a slice backhand, we have a rally, he drops a ball short to my rally backhand, and I tried to step in and be aggressive on the backhand, but missed it very badly. At 30-0, a backhand drive return attempt, missed. At 40-0, a backhand slice return, rally, and like the first point, a forehand with wicked spin spins shorter in the court than I had expected and I am unable to get there and my forehand lands in the net, game set and match Neitzel, 6-4, 6-2.

I walk up, shake hands, wish him luck for the tournament. I tell him he's got some funky shots and that it was difficult to read. He smiles, laughs and thanks me. He looks up at the clouds and remarks that it may be another long day, to which I tell him that I hope he is able to get his matches in.

I tell the tournament director the score and decline consolation this time as I wanted to watch the Federer-Djokovic Wimbledon finals, and the rain was going to terrorize things all day anyway. Plus, my father and my brother from his 2nd marriage were down here in Florida from Alabama from the weekend and I wanted to hang out with them all day before they left as well.

So, tough match, need to improve the backhand return. Future schedule:

July 12- Coral Springs Designated, worth double ranking points
July 19- Tamarac again
July 26- Plantation
August 2- Pompano
August 9- Plantation
August 16- Tamarac

After that, graduate school starts that Monday August 18, and I am not sure how many tournament I will play then as I want to focus entirely on school and get very very good grades. So we'll see.

Quote:

Last edited by Johnny Groove : 07-06-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #3385
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in next tournaments mate.
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet: The most beautiful and talented backhand of the tour (after De Schepper).

De Schepper - Thiem - Giraldo - Cilic - Youzhny - Nishikori - Gulbis - Haas - Berlocq - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee
VamosRafaNadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:49 PM   #3386
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

What happen with Davis Cup?

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 135 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 58 (Best 58) - Won Sao Paulo (with stbanchile), Won Stockholm (with Hellcat)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 11:6 (ATP 2:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #3387
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
need to improve the backhand return
me too
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #3388
Future ATP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosRafaNadal View Post
Good luck in next tournaments mate.
Thanks, gonna try my best the next 6 tournaments, and after that I don't know what's going on once school starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkulpus View Post
What happen with Davis Cup?
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=467578

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
me too
Lots of great players too

Quote:
Old 07-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #3389
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
I was really confident going into the final, despite not being seeded I steamrolled the opposition 6-2 6-2, 6-1 6-2 and 6-3 6-1. This can partially be attributed to the fact they placed me on court one every time, which helps someone like me who is a gentle version of Fognini and likes to clown around and play trick shots to entertain the crowd. Unfortunately for the final I was placed on court two, which isn't really a problem game wise, but since it's located between court one and three it's really annoying, especially with the two doubles matches next to us. You constantly have things going on in the corner of your eyes and a constant flow of balls coming onto your court, interrupting play.

Onto the match, I was going in as the underdog (always the underdog, no?) against a 16 year old prodigy who routined me 6-2 6-4 last year in the final of my home tournament and only got stuck at this level because he got injured at the end of last season and lost some matches during the winter which messed up his rating. Nevertheless, I always #trymybest and you can't lose if you give 100%. I won the toss and elected to serve, which I always do. If you choose to receive you're trying to play to your opponent's weakness, while you should always play to your own strength. I started out rusty, shanking a lot, making loads of errors, barely being able to keep myself in a decent rally. Finally when I was down 2-5* 0-30 I started to find my range, racking up winners on both wings. The turning point was at 30-30 in that game when I pulled off a no look half volley with footwork even The Fog would be embarrassed of. Two guys who just finished their match walked past and pulled a ''not bad'' face. Not bad, indeed. I clamped down, dug myself in and starting GOATing, coming back and even going into the lead at *5-5 30-0. Then I started what one can call choking, hitting some ridiculous shots, with the worst rally at 30-30 when I should've passed him at the net three times, but kept hitting straight at him. ''JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST'' I yelled at the top of my lungs after not saying a word all match, creating some buzz in the crowd. ''You really want to lose, isn't it?'' I said on a softer tone so only the couple of spectators straight behind the court could hear it. ''It's like you get off on losing'', I thought to myself. I dropped the set 7-5, but still remained positive since I was playing so well at the middle part of the set. This proved to pay off, since I got back to GOATing and even pulled off my trademark Safinesque jumping backhand passing shot from way out of the court. Needless to say I took the second set 6-0, my opponent took a bathroom break and retired. As a lovely girl kissed and congratulated me and handed me my prize money she said ''Well done, I watched your matches on court one all week and you were great''. It was a great week indeed and I don't give a fuck that my opponent retired.

Anti-climax.

Thesis.
Good read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #3390
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Screw these mug Open tournaments...

When's your next Challenger?

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote