Johnny Groove Tennis Career - Page 224 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #3346
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove vs. Gabriel Blanco, Plantation Men's Open R64

Groove, you have this mate. Learn from your mistakes from last match.

Call Toni and ask for advice.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:07 AM   #3347
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes when I read through this thread I have a feeling I'm watching that classic movie The Truman Show
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:18 AM   #3348
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

The first match was beyond epic.

First game, I serve, I am beyond nervous, but he is even more nervous and I hold 1-0. Then he holds 1-1, as he is less nervous, but I am still nervous.

At 1-1 I serve, 30-30, and move him wide left, and miss a forehand up the line winner at the top of the net. 30-40, the exact situation, he is way wide on the forehand, and I have the forehand winner down the line but again miss, this time over the net, but wide. He leads 2-1, and then holds for 3-1.

I tell myself that I need to calm down and play better or I’ll be out of here quickly.

At 1-3, I steady myself and hold for 2-3. The rallies are tough and I can see his serve speed start to decrease. Only like 5-10 mph, but enough for me to get a hold on it. He is serve and volleying roughly half the time. If I slice the backhand return, unless it is a really good slice, I have lost the point. So I must drive. This is a weakness. I make some, I miss some, it is crazy. He holds after several deuces for 4-2.

At 2-4 I hold for 3-4. At the changeover, I can tell the heat of the day and the heat of the match is getting to him. Ever so slightly.

But he holds for 5-3. At 3-5, I focus and am able to hold. He serves for the set at 5-4, and on the changeover before, I tell myself I am going to break him.

I win the first point, 0-15, I win the 2nd point, 0-30.

“Take this, take this,” I say to myself.

He wins the next 2 points to 30-30.

“Next point” I say to myself.

I win that point and get to 30-40. He serves again into the backhand. I return inside out. His forehand volley is deep, but slow, and I am able to run over there and rip another backhand down the line. He volleys cross into the open court to my forehand, lunging heavily and off balance. I see the forehand down the line and seize the day and hit the winner right out of his outstretched arm lunging back the other way, roughly 1 foot inside the baseline and 2 feet inside the sideline.

“YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!” I yell, at the top of my lungs. “VAMOOOOOOOS!” God that felt good, to get back into the match there. In that moment after the winner, I began thinking of the nights, of all the training.

And my concentration is off. I am broken for 5-6. Fucking rookie mistake. Terrible, terrible lack of focus on that 5-5 game. Sure he hit some good shots, but my focus was off. At 5-6, he wants to go to the restroom.

“No, no, no,” I tell him. “After the set.” Twice before I’ve had guys try to take a bathroom break right before trying to serve an important game. October 2011 vs. a player named Serguy Serdyuk in Cooper City 4.5 tournament. I don’t know which East Europe country he was from. The first set he won 7-5, and after I hold 4-4 to 5-4, he wants to take a bathroom break. 3 years ago I didn’t know, and I let him go. And he went. And went. And kept on going. For way past the time. The bathroom was also far away. I could do nothing. He got my off my game. He came back, held to love for 5-5, broke me to 6-5, and served it out the win by 7-5 7-5.

Then another time was in Sunrise in March 2013 in a 5.0 tournament vs. Scott Wolff. A similar but different scenario. This time HE was the one who was leading. He was trying to serve out a set at 6-5, but wanted to go to the restroom first. After the Cooper City experience, I hesitatingly let him go, as the bathroom was really close, like literally outside the court. He did not take toooo long in there, but certainly more than 90 seconds, and despite my jump roping, as I tried to keep warm, he ended up holding for 7-5, and winning the set.

“I’ve had guys try to do that to me before,” I say, firmly. There was no way in hell I was going to let him take a quick break before trying to serve out the set again because he knew I broke him the last time he tried to serve out the set.

“But I have to go now, I have 90 seconds” was his reply.

“You can’t make it there and back in 90 seconds” I said, and it was true. If we were on the court I played on 2 weeks ago vs. Jakhoukh, okay, but we were 2 courts over.

“You might GET there in 90 seconds” I said, smart alecky.

“Who says how fast I can get there?” He snapped back.

“Me. I say!” I say.

He mopes. He realizes he has wasted at least 30 seconds arguing with me and now there is no way in hell he is going to get there and back.

“Fine” he says, and goes to get ready to serve. Maybe I fired him up, but he held to 15 for 7-5 and took the bathroom break. That’s 3 times now guys have tried to take bathroom breaks late in sets vs. me and 3 times I’ve lost the set! Still need to figure this particular puzzle out…

As he takes his time, I regroup. I tell myself that I have him right where I want him. He is definitely fatigued, I had seen that since midway in the set. I am just as good. If I keep up the intensity, I came make a patented comeback.

He comes out and he is like a zombie. He is running to some balls but letting some go easily. I am shocked at how badly he is playing. Is he injured? Is he THAT fatigued? Is he tanking to conserve energy for a final set?

I am to 4-0 before you know it. At this point, he pulls a Michael Chang on me vs. Ivan Lendl at Roland Garros 89. He is standing right there not even midway between the baseline and the service line. He is standing midway from the service line and Michael Chang! He is standing at the service line like it is the baseline!

This completely throws me off, and he starts slicing up my serve! What the hell is going on here!?! Droppers, net clippers, tricky deep slices. I must serve better, I tell myself. Don’t let his rope-a-dope strategy work. I start to fire the serve more. Now he is missing easy. He backs up a few steps to Chang position. I try to slice wide and go for the corners. I am making errors and he is shitting on 2nd serves. He breaks for 4-1. Now he has energy out of nowhere? I think to myself.

He does, and holds for 2-4. At 4-2, he again returns in Chang position. He gets a few break points, but I am able to find a big serve when I need it to save those points and eventually hold for 5-2.

At 2-5, again he is as if without energy and he semi-tanks the game and I break for 6-2 and the set. I head to the desk to get the new can of balls for the 3rd set and take my own bathroom break.

I get back and announce that it is a full third set. Some tournaments play 10 point tiebreaker in the 3rd, but Plantation always, unless weather, or influence by the elderly referee, play a full third set.

“Full third?” He asks, not believing. “No 10 point tiebreaker?” Aha, so he WAS tanking.

“No, no, full third,” I say, grinning.

“Okay then” he sighs, and gets himself ready for the final set.

But again, after the high of winning the set, I have a lull at the start of the third. He breaks me to start, Chang position some points, but backing to regular position on others, serve volleying on some points, staying back on others. He breaks for 1-0, then holds for 2-0.

I serve at 0-2, and he is exploiting every weakness of my serve. I am down 0-2, 0-40.

“What can I do?” I say to myself, after he puts away another volley from his return and volley game.

“Serve better,” I answer myself.

And so I do. A big one wide, his return halfway up the net.

“That’s one” I say to myself, trying with all I can to focus as I know if I lost that point it was virtual match point with the momentum of the match.

At 15-40, another serve, this time wide to the forehand side, again the return in the net.

“That’s two” I say to myself, getting some energy, knowing that if I can save this third one, I can change that same momentum heavily into my side.

At 30-40, he retreats from Chang position and takes normal position. We have a rally. Eventually he draws a short ball from my backhand and again approaches there. I run over, lung, and throw up a ridiculous slice lob that lands just inside the baseline, over his head, to save the 3rd break point!

“YES! GREAT LOB!” I yell. “That’s how you save fucking break points man!” I say, loud enough for me and possibly him, but no one else. I try to get pumped but still not expend too much energy to make sure I have some for the next point, it is a tough line to tread.

Deuce, another first serve, another rally I dictate, and finish with the forehand winner.

Ad in, 4th first serve in a row, dictate, draw the mistake.

“YES!” I yell. “STAY IN THIS!” as I hold for 1-2. I could get pumped then, as I had the changeover to get my energy back level.

He still ends up holding for 3-1, but 1-3 is like nothing of a deficit to climb from, I tell myself before holding serve for 2-3. I had come back from 1-3 in the first and almost took it, why can’t I do it again and finish it off this time?

That’s just what I did. I break him for 3-3, and the quality of tennis is at such a high level. At some point I reach some sort of nirvana out there. My legs feel a high like being ever so slightly tipsy, but I am sober, and in control of it. It is a tough sensation to describe. But with this you play your best tennis. I hold for 4-3. At 3-4, I have some chances. He is trying to serve to my backhand, and at this point, anytime I slice the backhand, I lose, and driving it is 50-50. So now I am trying to run around for the forehand to hit inside out. But his serve is too good. I can never step around and hit that forehand return well enough inside out for the winner. He holds for 4-4.

Maybe he is in nirvana mode as well, I think, probably is.

At 4-4, we go 15-15. Then we go 30-30. And I come up with 2 good first serves and win the rallies to hold for 5-4.

At 4-5, he serves the first point, yet another epic rally. Eventually he comes in on my backhand. I throw up a lob. He hits an overhead, but not good enough. I am able to somehow, with some grip, shank a forehand “lob” back and again he retreats and again hits a weak overhead. I run to hit the forehand, down the line for the winner. But it is not good enough. He is there for the backhand volley cross. I sprint over there, and reach it just in time to hit a slice down the line winner just out of his reach!

“Yes, yes, yes,” that’s a great start, I say to myself, getting pumped and staying level at the same time.

At 0-15, he hits a double fault for 0-30. Now I really think I’ve got this. At 0-30, another rally, and he seems done physically and mentally as he is unable to go more than 8 shots without the error. At 0-40, I finally am able to get that forehand inside out winner on his serve and volley play in the ad court into my backhand, the one shot I was trying to hit all match!

“YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!” I yell, in exaltation and triumph. Another epic match, though this one only 2.5 hours. Another comeback from a set down, and from a break down in the third, with drama, controversy, a high level of play, tactics, just an incredible match.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:42 AM   #3349
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post

At 4-5, he serves the first point, yet another epic rally. Eventually he comes in on my backhand. I throw up a lob. He hits an overhead, but not good enough. I am able to somehow, with some grip, shank a forehand “lob” back and again he retreats and again hits a weak overhead. I run to hit the forehand, down the line for the winner. But it is not good enough. He is there for the backhand volley cross. I sprint over there, and reach it just in time to hit a slice down the line winner just out of his reach!
LOL All I can picture here is moonballing at its "best" level.

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:59 AM   #3350
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Right after I shake his hand, as I was walking back to get my towel, the gathering clouds drew a lightning warning. The referee yells for everyone to get off.

“Perfect timing!” I say.

I get off the court and am able to eat, stretch, hydrate, recover, and get ready for the next match, chillin like a villain as I had just finished the match right before the delay. First ball was probably 1, we ended at 3:30. I was able to watch the Colombia game, wow, James, what a sportsfigure in Colombia right now!

I watched Bryant Mohns and Nicolas Prieto Pinzon’s match, and Mohns won 7-5, 4-6, 6-4 in the third, to set up the rematch with me.

He had beaten my last time we had played, up in Boynton about 2 months ago, 6-0, 6-3. But I was not in condition to really compete at a high level that day, just 2 days after Graduation from college. But I am in much better condition this time. Or at least I thought I was. I had felt the right hip some late in the first match, but I was in nirvana mode so I didn’t even feel it hindering me too much. Now, several hours later, we took the court at 630, I realize I made a mistake by now massaging that right hip more in between matches. Also, I should have consumed more proteins between matches. I saved my tunas for after the 2nd match. Why? I needed them FOR the 2nd match! Another rookie mistake.

So physically I was not 100% going into the 2nd match, through no one’s fault but my own. I wasn’t tired at all, my lungs were fine, but the right hip, and the general lack of proteins in my body slowed me down.
But still, I went in believing I could win, as I always do. Whether I win or lose, I always go into the match with belief to win. That first game, he served, he hits a double fault, 0-15. Good start for me.
Then the match changes. At 0-0, 0-15 in the first, I experience something that has never happened in any practice match or tournament ever in my life. He serves the ball long, very long, and it misses and lands right into my man region. At first, I didn’t feel anything. I just knew it had struck there, somewhere in the, ahem, lower abdominal region. After about 1.5 seconds, I feel a sharp pain right on my dick head. Not in the balls, but right into the dick head. Holy fucking shit that hurt like a motherfucker.

“ARRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!” I yell out. “FUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!”

“ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” I yell again. “GOD FUCKING DAMN IT! FUCK. AAGGHHHHHHHHH!”

And so I went, alternating between yelling and cursing, at the top of my lungs, until the pain went away. And it did, after a good 45 seconds or so of loud cursing the entire state could hear. Jesus Christ I have never felt something so painful in my entire life. I don’t wish that on even my worst enemies. He ends up going to sit down to wait!

“Aghhhhhh, give me a minute, man” I say. "No problem, take your time," he says, understanding fully. As the pain subsides, I realize how big of a scene I am making. But damn it, have that happen to them and see what happens!

Eventually I am able to regain composure. He hits a 2nd serve, a double fault, so now 0-30. Ok, well some consolation, I guess.

The stinging pain in my dick head ends up rubbing up against my sweaty undergarments all match long so I am in absolute agony out there trying to play this match. He apologizes and does so again later in the match, but I am not mad at him at all, it just happens. Next time I’ll be sure to block myself with the racquet, lesson learned.

Now then, as for the actual match, I have 0-30 in the opening game. And now the match truly begins. He served big, much bigger than the other guy, and really made me work to crack the backhand drive. His serve was too good for me to run around for the forehand, and my backhand slice was getting annihilated. Backhand drive was my only choice, and the bottom line is that it simply isn’t good enough right now. Or the backhand in general, as I make many errors with the backhand in the rallies.

That first game of the match, I had like 3-4 break points, but was just unable to get the break as my backhand let me down time and again. My forehand can only do so much. He holds for 1-0. On the return, he is able to exploit the weaknesses and flaws it has, although in a more orthodox return position. He breaks to 30, and holds for 3-0.

I am getting into rallies, but again the backhand return and overall, and my own serve weakness are letting me down. Simply not good enough, no matter how in shape I am.

At 0-3, I find some guts to hold for 3-1, and he holds for 4-1. At 1-4, I serve 30-15 and I hit a serve I think is right on the line. He calls it long and I miss my throwaway forehand shot. I am pretty sure it was right on the serve line and had I challenged it like I had challenged his call in my 0-1 serve game, and got it overturned, I am sure he would have given me a first serve.

But I didn’t challenge. Maybe since I missed the next one, I don’t know, maybe because of all that was going on with the hip and the nether region shot recovery and lack of proteins still going on, my mind was fucked. Not only I did not challenge, but hit a double fault to go to 30-30. At 30-30, he hits a clean backhand return inside out. My serve really sucks right now, I think.

He wins the next point also for 5-1, and holds for 6-1. Now I am starting to feel the hip even more and I try to massage it some over the changeover, but the damage has been done. I still try to fight, but with my backhand and serve and hip how they are at the moment, I don’t know if I can stage another epic comeback this time.

He breaks me to start the set for 1-0, but like the first set, in his first service game, I have several break points, but just can’t break through, and he holds for 2-0. Now the hip is really hurting, and I am pulling up in rallies, unable to lift off on the serve. He breaks for 3-0.

He holds of course for 4-0. Still I fight. He breaks for 5-0. I still fight. At 5-0 he serves for the match and again I have some break points, but again cannot convert. I save a couple of match points, get it back to deuce. In a rally, he hits a drop shot. I yell, scream, run with every ounce of energy I have to get to that drop shot. I don’t care that it is 6-1, 5-0. I don’t care that my right hip is off, and the second I start moving to get ready to return the next point, I’m gonna feel it in the hip with every step. I don’t care that my dick head scar is chafing on every step. Motherfucker, I am getting to that drop shot.

And I got to it. And I hit the winner. And yelled like a wild animal.

But he saved the break point, and eventually holds to win the match. 6-1, 6-0. This is twice now he has beaten me in 2 months. Turns out he lives close by and I will definitely be playing some practice matches mid-week with him next week ahead of the tournament in Tamarac next weekend. The win over Blanco got me to roughly #138 in the state, which is a 25 spot just from #163 from 2 weeks ago.

Gotta get this hip healed up, gotta do some stretch and self massage. The nether regions hit is feeling better, but we gonna see how both feel tomorrow. No tennis tomorrow, but the start of the work week with a shift at Dominos Pizza from 5-1 tomorrow night. And on we go.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose

Last edited by Johnny Groove : 06-29-2014 at 05:04 AM.
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:07 AM   #3351
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove wins epically 5-7, 6-2, 6-4, then loses epically 1-6, 0-6

So you lose to Blanco 7-5 7-5, but you lose by an even worse scoreline to a player worse than him?

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:11 AM   #3352
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove wins epically 5-7, 6-2, 6-4, then loses epically 1-6, 0-6

Nvm misread bro.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:20 AM   #3353
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Ruben Ramirez was in a hotel in Rio Preto Brasil last year when his doubles partner Ferreiro decided to go see the night in the city. He opened his arms widely and said: que pasa man? we have match tomorrow.

Legend.
Quote:
“Some players say to me, ‘Why are you still playing?’ ” Ramirez Hidalgo said. “I still play because tennis is my life. Tennis gives me everything, more than I dreamed when I was young.”
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:52 AM   #3354
country flag Dougie

Dougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
So you lose to Blanco 7-5 7-5, but you lose by an even worse scoreline to a player worse than him?
Tennis is a game of match-ups. You can beat a player much better than you if the match-up is in your favor, and lose the next day to someone ranked way below you when the match-up is unfavorable. Rankings should not be looked at too closely, they don´t have that much relevance in a single match.
Dougie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:18 AM   #3355
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Johnny doesn't have to worry about being the world's best tennis player because he is already the world's best writer

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #3356

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

I just won €150 winning a tournament, maybe it's time for me to turn pro. I already vastly outshine Johnny's career earnings.
Ruben Ramirez was in a hotel in Rio Preto Brasil last year when his doubles partner Ferreiro decided to go see the night in the city. He opened his arms widely and said: que pasa man? we have match tomorrow.

Legend.
Quote:
“Some players say to me, ‘Why are you still playing?’ ” Ramirez Hidalgo said. “I still play because tennis is my life. Tennis gives me everything, more than I dreamed when I was young.”
Old 06-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #3357
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
I just won €150 winning a tournament, maybe it's time for me to turn pro. I already vastly outshine Johnny's career earnings.
Thesis or it didn't happen.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #3358
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Johnny, at least you didn't lose with 2 bagels. That's an improvement

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #3359

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKrep View Post
Thesis or it didn't happen.
I was really confident going into the final, despite not being seeded I steamrolled the opposition 6-2 6-2, 6-1 6-2 and 6-3 6-1. This can partially be attributed to the fact they placed me on court one every time, which helps someone like me who is a gentle version of Fognini and likes to clown around and play trick shots to entertain the crowd. Unfortunately for the final I was placed on court two, which isn't really a problem game wise, but since it's located between court one and three it's really annoying, especially with the two doubles matches next to us. You constantly have things going on in the corner of your eyes and a constant flow of balls coming onto your court, interrupting play.

Onto the match, I was going in as the underdog (always the underdog, no?) against a 16 year old prodigy who routined me 6-2 6-4 last year in the final of my home tournament and only got stuck at this level because he got injured at the end of last season and lost some matches during the winter which messed up his rating. Nevertheless, I always #trymybest and you can't lose if you give 100%. I won the toss and elected to serve, which I always do. If you choose to receive you're trying to play to your opponent's weakness, while you should always play to your own strength. I started out rusty, shanking a lot, making loads of errors, barely being able to keep myself in a decent rally. Finally when I was down 2-5* 0-30 I started to find my range, racking up winners on both wings. The turning point was at 30-30 in that game when I pulled off a no look half volley with footwork even The Fog would be embarrassed of. Two guys who just finished their match walked past and pulled a ''not bad'' face. Not bad, indeed. I clamped down, dug myself in and starting GOATing, coming back and even going into the lead at *5-5 30-0. Then I started what one can call choking, hitting some ridiculous shots, with the worst rally at 30-30 when I should've passed him at the net three times, but kept hitting straight at him. ''JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST'' I yelled at the top of my lungs after not saying a word all match, creating some buzz in the crowd. ''You really want to lose, isn't it?'' I said on a softer tone so only the couple of spectators straight behind the court could hear it. ''It's like you get off on losing'', I thought to myself. I dropped the set 7-5, but still remained positive since I was playing so well at the middle part of the set. This proved to pay off, since I got back to GOATing and even pulled off my trademark Safinesque jumping backhand passing shot from way out of the court. Needless to say I took the second set 6-0, my opponent took a bathroom break and retired. As a lovely girl kissed and congratulated me and handed me my prize money she said ''Well done, I watched your matches on court one all week and you were great''. It was a great week indeed and I don't give a fuck that my opponent retired.

Anti-climax.

Thesis.

Legend.
Quote:
Old 06-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #3360
country flag User Name

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

You sound like a bitch to play against Groove. All those primal screams would scare the hell out of me. Very intimidating.