Johnny Groove 1-6 0-6 vs. Alexander Pelaez Plantation YE Masters R16 video post #4309 - Page 219 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-15-2014, 05:34 AM   #3271
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 6-7(2), 3-6 vs. Anouar Jakhoukh, Plantation R32 Men's Opens

This R32 showing will score me 8 more ranking points and I will go from #177 in Florida to #163 in Florida when the new rankings come out.

One week at a time.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2014, 05:42 AM   #3272
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove vs. Adam J. Graham Plantation Men's Open R64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
I tried not to drop a fuck or a nigga, the 2nd more difficult to hold back.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #3273
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The crowd disperses now, the set completed. The 2nd set crowd was only like 2-3 people.

He carries momentum and holds for 1-0 and breaks me for 2-0, 2 double faults in the game.

Admittedly I did have the tiniest of let downs after losing that 1st set. I had expended so much energy in the end of the first, after losing it, it was tough to get myself going again for the 2nd. At least at the start.

I break him back for 1-2, to get back on serve, energy returning and fighting ensued.

“Fucking vamos man!” I yell, chasing down the dropper for the winner to take the break point.

But again at 1-2, I open with a double fault, and then a nervous easy putaway forehand I make 99% of the time I miss and it is suddenly 0-30. I fight and get back to 30-30 before another double fault.

“Ai yai yai” I say after that double. I refocused, and he ends up winning a good rally at 30-40, breaking me for 3-1. But again I fight like a dog and break back again for 3-2!

And this time I held for 3-3, evening the set. Fuckin’ right.

The 3-3 game was crucial there. I had some chances, some tough rallies, a shot here or there one inch this way or the other and I could have broken that game, but he holds at 30 for 4-3.

At 3-4, I begin with a double. I end up to 15-30, then 15-40. I save one break point, but miss a first serve and put in an easy 2nd serve that he attacks and eventually closes the point at the net for 5-3.

At 5-3, he serves for the match and again I believe I can break back. I just did it twice, why not. He gets up 40-0, I save 2 match points, but at 40-30, he hits an ace out wide, on both lines, for the win. I walk up, give the bro-clasp modern handshake (where I gave the traditional handshake in the opening round), and tell him what a great battle, a war.

“Thanks man,” he says. “I’m sorry about that ball over there,” he says, pointing to the hotly contested ball mark from late in the first set.

“Hey you know we are all competitive,” I say, shrugging my shoulders. “We both want to win.”

“I mean, I just wasn’t sure, you know?” he says.

“It’s all good man” I say.

“Thanks” he says, and he exhales, as if some weight was off his shoulders.

We talk a bit after the match, he is actually training down at Guillermo Canas’ academy down in Aventura. I had played there before and even saw ol’ Willy Canas in Delray back in February. He looks very happy, but also very round. Happy is more important I think.

So that was that. I walked back, reported the score, shook the tourney director’s hand, and went to stretch, hydrate, recover. I caught the end of the Italy-England match and headed home.
god damn you have been reading too much lately, over dramatizing some prettyyyyyyyyyyyy simple stuff

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #3274
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 6-7(2), 3-6 vs. Anouar Jakhoukh, Plantation R32 Men's Opens

didn't read the second set, but this match looks like it's been ll about "i hit another DF, he hits another ace".

Still, good game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #3275
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
didn't read the second set, but this match looks like it's been ll about "i hit another DF, he hits another ace".

Still, good game.
Pretty much in that tiebreak. I was hitting DF like 1 inch out, and he was hitting aces that clipped both lines, 1 inch in

This game is like that

Quote:
Old 06-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #3276
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He wins the racquet spin and chooses to return.
what is the 'racquet spin' ?
Old 06-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #3277
Future ATP Star

That's when you spin the racquet on the head, ask whether up or down, P or D, or, in my case, M or W to decide who chooses how to start the match in lieu of the coin toss.

A more extrapolated explanation:

http://www.tennis-x.com/fun/tennistipsspin.php

Quote:
Old 06-15-2014, 05:29 PM   #3278
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's when you spin the racquet on the head, ask whether up or down, P or D, or, in my case, M or W to decide who chooses how to start the match in lieu of the coin toss.

I want to see that at an ATP Match! I'm glad your ranking is moving up
Old 06-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #3279
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

why not just use a coin? I know it's not the pro league, but surely y'all aren't that broke?
Old 06-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #3280
Future ATP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
why not just use a coin? I know it's not the pro league, but surely y'all aren't that broke?
It's just easier

The racquet is already in your hands, why waste time going into the bag and looking for a coin if you have one.

So yes, we are all that broke

Quote:
Old 06-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #3281
country flag putti

putti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond repute

I know that this thread is in non-tennis, but how people who don't know what 'racket spin' means are even allowed on tennis forum
putti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:01 PM   #3282
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

anywhere umpireless - racquet spin.

i have never done it any other way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:11 PM   #3283
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

M8, you're lucky you don't have a Babolat. They started making their logo like this:

--------
----

So you have to say, "Would you like the big line up or down?" instead of something easy like 'M' or 'W'

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #3284
country flag Chris Kuerten
Banned!

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by putti View Post
I know that this thread is in non-tennis, but how people who don't know what 'racket spin' means are even allowed on tennis forum
I know, right? People posting on MTF who have never held a racquet in their lives are so cringeworthy.
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #3285
country flag Wolfy

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Good Job for getting 9 games, like I predicted a tough match.

Laura Robson Rank top 30
Rafa Hardcourt&Clay Goat
Wolfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote