Johnny Groove Tennis Career: 2015 Schedule Revealed post #4,162 - Page 143 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-06-2014, 12:03 AM   #2131
country flag Blue Heart24
Banned!

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove wins epically again, 6-2, 3-6, 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Jon, seriously.
You blow hot and cold with this and for what I can see, your fitness is atrocious, you should be ready to play 5 sets in grueling conditions if you want to do Davis Cup, you just can't grind it out for 3 sets and end up with an empty tank.
Fitness is the key here and it seems like you're more interested in Natalie and other things than in improving that aspect.
I love you man, I really do but unless you're willing to give yourself completely to tennis, you will never get past the first round of a futures qualy.
He already did

The way I got it,most of Groove's off court training is based on weight lifting and he's not doing enough cardio.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2014, 12:20 AM   #2132
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
USTA website. Search for your name in the Search Player Rankings box at the bottom of this:

https://tennislink.usta.com/Tourname...nkinghome.aspx
Yes I knew that 1115 in Florida ranking was familiar. That was my rank at the end of 2013. Now as you see it is 201, and will go up to roughly 196 in the state whenever the new rankings come out. Which is supposed to be every month but sometimes they do it by 2 months, sometimes by 2 weeks, its weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Why is your fitness so awful? How will you ever climb the rankings if you can't go 3 sets without being utterly impotent in the next round?
I have no problem to go 5 sets, against the same player, I actually prefer.

I do have a problem to go 3 sets, and then have to play another match where the first guy had a bye.

Quote:
Yeah, Johnny's ineligible for a national ranking.

He must play national open tournaments for that. So, about his level. He's here:

Challenger level
Futures level
National level
Regional level
I'll be playing a USTA National in May in Fort Lauderdale.

Quote:
I found the real USTA National rankings (Top 500):

http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/U...7.2014-Men.pdf
Yep, that's the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rychu View Post
Feels like the beginning for Gasquet-Nadal rivalry, with Gasquet winning the first match aged 14

You know the pattern afterwards

#believe

Quote:
If JG wants on that list, here is what tournaments he must play:

http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/T...ts_2.5.141.PDF
Yep I do want to incorporate some of these when I am doing the Dustin Brown van travel in 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift36188 View Post
He played the 2nd match in the same day.

It takes pro level training to be able to be fresh for the 2nd match.
Not so much pro level training, but at least have the other guy also have a tough match. So we are both tired, it will be more fair of a match.

Quote:
Why did Johnny have to play 2 matches in a day? And was the child rested? That's so unfair!
I know right.

Quote:
This is the schedule in these tournaments. The whole tournament needs to be done in 3 days: Fri-Sun. Sometimes in 2.
Some start Friday, but most run Sat-Sun-Mon. This one probably will run actually into Tuesday since its a 128 draw.

Quote:
Is this true? Does Johnny really train and play tennis full time? How can he afford it?
Saved up from Dominos nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetballdude View Post
Kind of funny considering how Groove started playing tennis at that age.
I know right, actually I hadn't even started yet. He is 14 and 2 months, I started after USO 04 which would be 14 and 9 months or so.

Quote:
Jon, seriously.
You blow hot and cold with this and for what I can see, your fitness is atrocious, you should be ready to play 5 sets in grueling conditions if you want to do Davis Cup, you just can't grind it out for 3 sets and end up with an empty tank.
Fitness is the key here and it seems like you're more interested in Natalie and other things than in improving that aspect.
I love you man, I really do but unless you're willing to give yourself completely to tennis, you will never get past the first round of a futures qualy.
Nat

I have no problems to go 5 sets, I love best of 5.

But its unfair that one guy has to go to war for 3 hours while the other guy is brought in like a prince.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heart24 View Post
He already did

The way I got it,most of Groove's off court training is based on weight lifting and he's not doing enough cardio.
It was. Until very recently. 2 weeks ago or so I haven't lifted since and have been doing more long distance running. I think it really helped in that 3rd set in the 1st match.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:29 AM   #2133
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should try to do cardio interval training and endurance training as well

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:31 AM   #2134
country flag Blue Heart24
Banned!

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post

It was. Until very recently. 2 weeks ago or so I haven't lifted since and have been doing more long distance running. I think it really helped in that 3rd set in the 1st match.
Long distance is good,but you also need short sprints,Hiit,direction changing and that kind of stuff.

Last edited by Blue Heart24 : 04-06-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:45 AM   #2135
country flag VAMOS!!

VAMOS!! has a reputation beyond reputeVAMOS!! has a reputation beyond reputeVAMOS!! has a reputation beyond reputeVAMOS!! has a reputation beyond reputeVAMOS!! has a reputation beyond reputeVAMOS!! has a reputation beyond reputeVAMOS!! has a reputation beyond reputeVAMOS!! has a reputation beyond reputeVAMOS!! has a reputation beyond reputeVAMOS!! has a reputation beyond reputeVAMOS!! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
If you lose...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
the prodigy in 2
Quote:
Any idea how many players are on Johnny's level or better? Thousands? Tens of thousands?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
lost to a toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rychu View Post
Why are you playing 14-year olds?
Exactly. 10&U is more the level I was thinking of.
TITLES
SINGLES: 2014 Indore CH, 2014 Nottingham CH
DOUBLES: 2014 Sacramento CH (w/Chris.), 2014 Poitiers Futures (w/Derevko)
VAMOS!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:52 AM   #2136
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heart24 View Post
Long distance is good,but you also need short sprints,Hiit,direction changing and that kind of stuff.
Quote:
I think you should try to do cardio interval training and endurance training as well
To me, you get enough training changing directions when you play.

Endurance running gives you the lungs for a long match like the one I had. If needed, I could have gone 5 against him, definitely.

Quote:
Old 04-06-2014, 12:54 AM   #2137
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Good job

Any pics?

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:15 AM   #2138
Future ATP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
Good job

Any pics?
Yes, actually

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...psf0d142bf.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...psbaccb9c4.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps95714be1.jpg

Quote:
Old 04-06-2014, 01:43 AM   #2139
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Johnny Groove wins epically again, 6-2, 3-6, 6-4

Quote:
Interval training is the most effective way to increase your oxygen uptake.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:48 AM   #2140
country flag TNX1.0E6TOPCA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

TNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond repute

happy for you Johnny
Old 04-06-2014, 01:51 AM   #2141
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jon, seriously.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:59 AM   #2142
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
he had a 30-30 in the first game
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:09 AM   #2143
country flag robbery47

robbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched my first Johnny Groove video.
Your technique is kind of special/strange. The serve is No-Go you have to fix this... If you really want to get better results you have to push your body forward, when you hit your groundstrokes. You tend to step back. Are there any videos of volleys from you?
Old 04-06-2014, 05:18 AM   #2144
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Men's Opens, which is basically futures qualies
not even close to being true

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:25 AM   #2145
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And by the way.

1115 was the ranking on January 10.

In the mean time, Johnny boy, you're 201

https://tennislink.usta.com/Tourname...e=viewranklist

Oh wait, that's just for Florida.
clueless there are many many thousands of players better than Groove in the States. hell there are probably thousands of senior level players (40+ age) who are better than him

that said maybe he can magically improve all facets of his game and change this

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote