Johnny Groove Tennis Career - Page 118 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #1756
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Jon, one honest question here: have you improved at ALL in the last 2 years or so? because the serve is still a mess and your ground game doesn't look good either, seems as if you're stuck in 4.5 level and we both know you're getting nowhere with that.

Also, the fact that you prefer to chase skirts (even if she's "The One") than to committ says a lot about where your head is.

You know I love you man and I've supported you for a while now but you have to face facts, either you have a massive breakthrough in the next few months or it's time to give up, you know that as well as I do

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #1757
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Jon, one honest question here: have you improved at ALL in the last 2 years or so? because the serve is still a mess and your ground game doesn't look good either, seems as if you're stuck in 4.5 level and we both know you're getting nowhere with that.

Also, the fact that you prefer to chase skirts (even if she's "The One") than to committ says a lot about where your head is.

You know I love you man and I've supported you for a while now but you have to face facts, either you have a massive breakthrough in the next few months or it's time to give up, you know that as well as I do
Yes, thank you Nat

We gonna see in the next few months, armageddon is approaching.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #1758
country flag underspin

underspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond repute

If Groove doesn't give up, neither should his legion of fans

I'm not going to bother telling you to fix your serve because you already know that's necessary.

Good luck mate, hope there are a few wins round the corner.

You are the master of your fate:
You are the captain of your soul.
I always speak the truth though, and when I say it's not because of you, it's because it's not. I never lie. My mom has taught me to never lie because it's bad, that's why I'm always honest. one needs to have integrity, that's the most important human virtue imo.
underspin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #1759
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by underspin View Post
If Groove doesn't give up, neither should his legion of fans

I'm not going to bother telling you to fix your serve because you already know that's necessary.

Good luck mate, hope there are a few wins round the corner.

You are the master of your fate:
You are the captain of your soul.
Thanks

Shockingly, I am still alive, the sun did come up today, and I am still filled with motivation to improve.

Quote:
Old 03-02-2014, 09:38 PM   #1760
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Lost 0-6, 0-6 to Wojcik in consolation. Bit of a harsh score. Twice I had 15-40 to break but missed. I also had game point in two other games. 6-1, 6-3 is a fairer score.

either way though. My shoulder hurts, I am spent, burnt out, exhausted, total physical, mental, and emotional burn out.

I need some time off.
I think it says something when you're losing to two different 4.5's 6-0 6-0

what is illogical is there are undoubtedly a number of people on this very forum who are better players than you who aren't trying to becomes pros or who have the 'oh my god future #1 in the world" dream

it just makes zero sense

at your age if you're not already a 5 something you're never going to get there

P.S. when you're back at pizza hut just so you have a head start, I like pineapple on my pizza. thanks

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:26 PM   #1761
country flag putti

putti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond repute

mind the last double bagel was served by 16yo..

Seriously you're mad Johnny.

Fuck Dominos, just don't go back there after you retire, it's a crap job, remember, you never really enjoyed it.
Try to find a career you'll be happy to chase instead.
You could play those tournaments every weekend then
putti is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #1762
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Ah well, this thread has had a good run I guess. Time for a change of scenery.

May I suggest volume two: "Johnny Groove goes to Hollywood"?

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #1763
Future ATP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by putti View Post
mind the last double bagel was served by 16yo..

Seriously you're mad Johnny.

Fuck Dominos, just don't go back there after you retire, it's a crap job, remember, you never really enjoyed it.
Try to find a career you'll be happy to chase instead.
You could play those tournaments every weekend then
He's a really good 16 yo, just you watch.

If I do retire, I'll try to get into grad school, and, at the start, do some dominos.

But fuck, man, I still have 6 months to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKrep View Post

Ah well, this thread has had a good run I guess. Time for a change of scenery.

May I suggest volume two: "Johnny Groove goes to Hollywood"?
My Hollywood acting and screenplay writing career was always scheduled for after the conclusion of the tennis career. I just hoped it wouldn't be so soon.

But I am not dead yet...

Quote:
Old 03-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #1764
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's a really good 16 yo, just you watch.

If I do retire, I'll try to get into grad school, and, at the start, do some dominos.

But fuck, man, I still have 6 months to make it work.

My Hollywood acting and screenplay writing career was always scheduled for after the conclusion of the tennis career. I just hoped it wouldn't be so soon.

But I am not dead yet...
So when are you officially ending your tennis career? Can you set a limit?

And how are you supposed to have a movie acting career so early when you are still going to be finishing grad school and dominoes? You can't multitask, man.

The only way something can have no consequences is if it has no effect. The only way something can have no effect is if it doesn't exist. It's completely paradoxical, therefore, to claim that something can exist and simultaneously have no effect.

People are not "free" to express an opinion. Instead, if they choose to express anything, they choose to pay the price. The price is the effect on others and the effect on the person. There is no free lunch in this world.
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #1765
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is beyond comic Honestly, this is such a joke. Makes for good comedy though, I suppose.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,861,357 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 476-148...
TITLES: 30 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:52 PM   #1766
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
This thread is beyond comic Honestly, this is such a joke. Makes for good comedy though, I suppose.
A man who believes he will be the greatest of all time despite not having a single professional main draw win at age 24 and has a casual back up plan of being a Hollywood actor and screenplay writer for when he retires is pretty serious stuff mate.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:01 AM   #1767
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

don't listen them Johny, i am sure you'll reach stars and earn zillions, when you get full like boat don't forget who was you real friend, who believed in you when nobody did, remember if nadal succeeded everyone could
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:09 AM   #1768
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

The acting route is a good option. Reminds me of Duane "The Rock" Johnson's little brother.

Groove, you showed us the serve, now show us the acting.

I posted a brando clip from apocalypse now, learn it, record, then post to MTF.

Your goal is to do it in a way that doesn't make MTF laugh.

The
Horror...

Last edited by Mr. Oracle : 03-03-2014 at 03:11 AM.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:20 AM   #1769
country flag streetballdude

streetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not retiring
Quote:
not retiring
Quote:
retiring

Groove's Career Plan
Quote:
Age 30-34, make my way into top 10 from top 2000
Age 35-40, peak/prime
Age 41-42, decline, retire in 2032
streetballdude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #1770
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
The acting route is a good option. Reminds me of Duane "The Rock" Johnson's little brother.

Groove, you showed us the serve, now show us the acting.

I posted a brando clip from apocalypse now, learn it, record, then post to MTF.

Your goal is to do it in a way that doesn't make MTF laugh.

The
Horror...

great advice from Oracle as always

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote