Fish Finding His Place At His Own Pace - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-07-2004, 04:57 AM   #16
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fish Finding His Place At His Own Pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream

LOL!!!! GO TANGY!!!

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2004, 04:59 AM   #17
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

I think Mardy could be a top 10 player, but he needs to develop more consistency. He plays some awesome matches, then plumets when he plays a qualifier. You can't do that and be a top 10 player. He does need to work a lot on his conditioning and his mental game. He just needs to tough out some matches. I think in 2006 he'll be ready, maybe late next year.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

Old 10-07-2004, 05:39 AM   #18
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

rue, when people compare him to Andy, I think it's only purely things like that he just simply needs to work harder. And I think it just surprises a lot of people that considering how close he and Andy are that he doesn't see how hard Andy works and do it himself. I read somewhere that he actually got to work with Etcheberry (one of the BEST conditioning people out there) and that he left. I mean that's just stupid. So like, no one is saying that Mardy is like Andy, but just that if he worked as hard as Andy did, he might see more good results than he is currently seeing because he would be in better shape both mentally and physically. I've seen Mardy in person, and he is very soft. His physical conditioning is really disheartening for someone as talented as he is. And he seems to take offense when people like PMac comment on it, yet he doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot about it.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 04:11 PM   #19
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighterry
LOL!!!! GO TANGY!!!
Thank you, dahling!

Quote:
I think Mardy could be a top 10 player, but he needs to develop more consistency. He plays some awesome matches, then plumets when he plays a qualifier. You can't do that and be a top 10 player. He does need to work a lot on his conditioning and his mental game. He just needs to tough out some matches. I think in 2006 he'll be ready, maybe late next year.
I think we all agree here that Mardy definitely has Top Ten potential. His conditioning and his mental toughness are what's holding him back. I know Pat Mac has showed him some "tough love" over this but Mardy gets defensive. Mardy should embrace the constructive critcisms. I'm tired of hearing him say "I don't know why I lost" in post-match interviews.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:01 PM   #20
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute

i have to angree with what tangy said he does nee dtobuckle down like andy. captain mac knocked the nail on the head when talking about his davis cup selection a while back saying if you watch andy he is ALWAYS intense, even when on the practice court, mardy is so much more laid back, infact if you put the 2 together mardy's practically horizontal in comparison!

fedex in answer to your point you're wrong i love mardy to pieces and i hate to say it but mardy DID choke, he choked as soon as massu claimed to be injured, he always does he gets worried about ahead and hurting other players i tend to think some of his best matches actually come when he is behind. when the pressures not on him. at 2 sets up against a supposedly injured player the pressure was on him to win it!
~~Feli~Daniele~Arnaud~Fernando~Seb~Andy~~
~Taylor~Mike & Bob~Marat~Julien~
and to my girls
~~Sanja~Daniela~Ana~Dinara~~

You're kind of like the blonde chick in the Munsters
http://www.menstennisforums.com/imag...ine=1151095902

Proud to be a Sparette
Éowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:10 AM   #21
country flag Golfnduck

Massu did play great, but I still think the Fish choked. Not as bad as he normally does, but it was still a choke.