Eurovision Song Contest 2011 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #31
country flag Straby

Straby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale10 View Post
You don't have to say sorry, mainly because we will finish in top10 come Saturday.
Come on, don't be so patriotic.
It's cheap Eurodance.
It's a fan favorite in Dusseldorf, but so was Norway..

By the way, Sweden could be in real trouble tonight. Potentially a "Norway" scenario for them.
Straby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2011, 07:55 AM   #32
country flag Straby

Straby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Greece stood out? That was horrible. Agree on Swiss song being rather good.
The first part of the song (rap) was awful indeed, but after that it became surprisingly strong for me. Real powerful ethnic song with quite some emotion.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #33
country flag Ale10

Ale10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straby View Post
It's cheap Eurodance.

By the way, Sweden could be in real trouble tonight. Potentially a "Norway" scenario for them.
I'm not patriotic when it comes to betting, trust me. Our song is much better than the Norwegian.

I'm sending Sweden home @5. The only way they get votes is from 14 years old girls and they don't watch the ESC imo.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #34
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays25 View Post
The fact with turkey's elimination was, none of our ''friendly'' countries were eligible to vote for us on first semi, but even then i ve never seen this coming thankfully i never bet on lower then 1.2 and my bank was saved.
And again, 90% of eurovision results depend on politics and neighbourship relations.
12 points from cyprus goes to greece

True, it could have made the final considering some of the trashy ones that did it but don't have any illusions that the song was any good cause it wasn't... weakest Turkey entry since 2002 and the kitsch performance didn't help either.
Turkey deservedly got into the finals all these past years and this one deservedly failed.

The Greece/Cyprus tit-for-tat is an obvious thing they have to stamp down on, however there's even more political voting that goes on in the background, you can't stop it altogether.

Quote:

Opened at 1.15 to make the final, now 1.33 and rising

Lets wait and see then.
nastoff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #35
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's getting better with the rule changes. Switzerland and Hungary got into the final and they diefiniately didn't get votes from close countries. (No Austria/Germany/Italy or Austria/Slovenia/Slovakia/Romania/Czech Rep. in the first semi.)
But come the final, all the Scandinavians that made it will be voting for each other, the Balkans will do the same, Ukraine will be giving to Russia and Russia to Ukraine with the Belorussians waiting to receive as well, and should Cyprus qualify - they shouldn't but if hell freezes over - it's more certain that the former will happen that Greece's 12 points going anywhere else...etc, etc

The political voting is as rampant as ever.

What they've done with the pot system is preventing daylight robbery but you can't avoid them going on in the night

Quote:
It's cheap Eurodance.
I wasn't expecting Hungary to qualify at all, now that they made it it's obvious that somebody likes it.
It's grossly overrated alongside some others in the same vein, so I suspect it was a matter of just squeezing in the final - which means no top 10 for them come the night..the refrain is sooo lame.
Then again there's 10% chance that I might be wrong.

As a matter of fact, Azerbaijan and Denmark are not so hot either...once their initial sheen wears off they can get pretty annoying...pretty quickly.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #36
country flag Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond repute

nastoff, u betting again ?

Paul-Henri Mathieu
Johnny_Bravo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #37
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

only on ESC for the time-being, mate. No sports.

Bulgaria not to qualify @ 1.68

it's the kind of song they love to hate, and Bulgaria hasn't got many friends in Europe to go round.

Slovenia to qualify @ 1.58

I think it's time, and it could be in the top 10 in the final imo
Old 05-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #38
country flag Straby

Momentum is definitely building for Slovenia.
With her fuck me boots on she will get Europe to vote for her:

Old 05-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #39
country flag Ale10

Ale10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confident Bulgaria will qualify today. That song is easily in the top10 today and with the new voting system it should get in the final easily.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #40
country flag Ale10

And as far as friends around Europe, the first semi proved that it's not that important now as years back.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #41
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

crap Bulgaria is gonna make the final, abort bet
Old 05-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #42

Johnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Bravo has a reputation beyond repute

Majo i love you

Paul-Henri Mathieu
Old 05-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #43
country flag Straby

Slovenia should be favorite to win on Saturday, end of story.
What a performance.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #44

she started half a tone sooner as i could hear

but still the only song til now. the rest have been circus/painting/politics. true heart of esc

Paul-Henri Mathieu
Old 05-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #45
country flag Straby

I really don't get the whole Jedward hype.
Terrible stuff.