Bryan Twins - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-13-2003, 11:44 PM   #121
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bryan Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinne
yeah Leo, you know I'm just doing this to confuse you right I might change back next week or something

(in case you didn't know, that's me with the hammer and that's you getting nailed on the head )

Just kidding, of course.

Oh, I miss Mike and Bob! It's already been one day since one of them was playing! What will we do when the season ends and the twins aren't playing at all for two months?! I better not think about that now.

Just thought of something. I'll probably get to see Mike and Bob play in Houston this year, since the doubles championship is now held at the same venue as the singles championship! And we'll have great coverage this year, so....

Last edited by Leo : 07-13-2003 at 11:46 PM.
Leo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2003, 12:46 PM   #122
country flag Tinne

Tinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo

(in case you didn't know, that's me with the hammer and that's you getting nailed on the head )

Just kidding, of course.

Oh, I miss Mike and Bob! It's already been one day since one of them was playing! What will we do when the season ends and the twins aren't playing at all for two months?! I better not think about that now.

Just thought of something. I'll probably get to see Mike and Bob play in Houston this year, since the doubles championship is now held at the same venue as the singles championship! And we'll have great coverage this year, so....

Okay, I'll leave it like this then...

And: oh you lucky dog! You have tickets to the Masters Cup in Houston? That's great! I want full report when you go!

Btw, I miss Mike and Bob too... Poor guys, if it was up to us, they wouldn't get time off ever!
Tinne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 01:51 PM   #123
Amber

Amber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bob's singles

Yes, yes, we were told that Bob has a WC into Indy. Just loving the fact that he's getting a chance to play more singles. But you guys are definitely right, I miss Mike too!

@ Leo OMG, I can't believe you get to go to the Masters Cup! I'm so jealous I'm green! (Nice look, huh?!) We'll definitely be looking for a full report from you about it! bobandmike.com could always use another fan experience story! (Shameless plug, I know...) LOL!

@ Tinne, don't worry...we'll do a GREAT job cheering Mike and Bob on from Indy. I just hope Mike is feeling well enough to play. Got my fingers crossed!

Amber
Amber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:07 PM   #124
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

LOL oh no, I meant that I might get to see Mike and Bob play on tv since ESPN has tons of coverage this year! I looked back at my post and I see how you could misunderstand me. Sorry for the confusion!

I would love to go to Houston to see Mike/Bob, Max/Mahesh, Juan Carlos, Roger, etc. but it interferes with my damn school schedule.

Anyway, it's a little early but good luck to Bob in Indy! Make the most of your singles wildcard! Did Mike get one too?
Old 07-14-2003, 04:31 PM   #125
country flag Tinne

Tinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
LOL oh no, I meant that I might get to see Mike and Bob play on tv since ESPN has tons of coverage this year! I looked back at my post and I see how you could misunderstand me. Sorry for the confusion!

I would love to go to Houston to see Mike/Bob, Max/Mahesh, Juan Carlos, Roger, etc. but it interferes with my damn school schedule.

Anyway, it's a little early but good luck to Bob in Indy! Make the most of your singles wildcard! Did Mike get one too?

Oh you devious one! Misleading us like that... Heavy punishments will follow. Be warned!

But yeah, don't tell me about interfering school schedules... If it weren't for those I would have seen Mike and Bob win their first grand slam

Oh well, the brothers will just have to win Roland Garros again next year
Old 07-14-2003, 04:37 PM   #126
country flag Tinne

Default Re: Bob's singles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber
@ Tinne, don't worry...we'll do a GREAT job cheering Mike and Bob on from Indy. I just hope Mike is feeling well enough to play. Got my fingers crossed!

Amber

Hehe Amber, I never doubted you would do a fabulous job cheering our guys on!

Oh and I'll be sending a good luck letter some time this week together with the Mr Bryan book thing... I'll let you know when exactly
Old 07-15-2003, 01:45 PM   #127
Amber

Amber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond repute
Default :D

Oh you tricked us Leo! lol I looked at your message again and realized that you did say something about coverage...but I guess in my jealousy induced green haze, I totally skipped over that line of the message! lol

As for Indy, it's never too early to start wishing them good luck! No, Mike didn't get a WC into Indy's singles draw...just Bob. Still haven't heard for sure whether Mike will be making the trip to Indy. Depends on how quickly that pulled muscle has healed. I've got my fingers crossed that he'll be there though!

We're thinking of heading to Houston next year for the Masters Cup...no finalized plans yet, but it's been discussed some. Cross your fingers for me! I think it would be amazing to go to that. The top 8 doubles teams and the top 8 singles players. Wow! It'd be a dream come true to see Mike and Bob play that...

@ Leo, are you going to any tournaments this year or have you already been? Have you ever met Mike and Bob? Since I'm new to this little discussion of your's and Tinne's, I don't know much about you. (I know ALL about Tinne! lol Hey girl!) So spill it! How did you become a Mike and Bob fan? You seem to be a pretty big fan...are you going to enter the contest we're holding? You should...you could win a Bryan Bros. Band CD. Can't get it anywhere else! Did I convince you yet? (Still haven't gotten your entry Tinne! I'm waiting.....lol) Ok, off the shameless plug...so yeah, basically tell me about yourself.

Wow...that was a long post. Didn't intend for it to be when I started it. Oh well!
Old 07-15-2003, 03:33 PM   #128
country flag Tinne

Woo! Houston huh. I'll definately keep my fingers crossed for you! Would be fabulous if you could go!

And that entery, god it's giving me nightmares... only joking... It's a work in progress. But it's starting to be a kinda long process, because my creative mind decided to go to strike or is taking a long beach vacation or something. But don't worry, I'll get it in in time! Don't wanna miss the chance of winning that cd
Old 07-16-2003, 05:08 AM   #129
country flag Leo

Hey Amber. Yeah, I'll be going to the US Open this year. I'm probably going to get tickets for the day session on Labor Day (the second Monday) and hopefully a night session during the first week. If scheduling works out, I might get to see Mike and Bob play a dubs match after all, or maybe practicing on an outside court? I don't know, we'll see, maybe I can get lucky!

I first saw Mike and Bob playing on tv at the US Open in 2001 - in singles. Bob lost to Pat Rafter in a pretty entertaining first round encounter and I remember he came up with one of the points of the championship, hitting some excellent diving volleys that forced Rafter into an error on the pass. His net coverage really impressed me! And then I got to see a bit of Mike that same day as he played Agassi. Tough draws, eh? But at least it gave me a look at the twins and their games/talent. Ever since then I've been cheering them on to beat the doubles record for brothers on the ATP and was so excited when they accomplished that feat this year!

Oooh, what's this contest all about? Care to share a few details? I've always wanted to hear Mike and Bob's band. I've been hoping that they do some live concert during a tournament with coverage so I could get a sneak peek at them playing. And do you guys know who else is in the band? I once heard that Andy Roddick tried a bit of singing with the brothers' band!

Uh-oh Tinne, I'm in trouble? I guess I've been a very bad boy tricking you like that.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:21 AM   #130
country flag Tinne

Yes you have been! But the sun is shining and birds are singing, so I'll be the sweet one and let you off the hook this time....

About the contest: Amber's gonna kick my butt for not telling you earlier... sorry Amber... Don't want to much competition you know Only kidding! Anyway, it's on Amber's site: http://bobandmike.com All you have to do tell them why you are a bryan bros fan. More info is on the site, you should check it out. Deadline is august 1st, 2003.

The BBB: They are fabulous! Mike plays the drums and sometimes guitar, Bob plays the keyboards, their dad sings. From time to time Andy Roddick and Jan-Michael Gambill join them. Well, actually Amber should be telling you this. She and her sister saw the band last year in Washington! I'm still green with jelousy!
If you want to hear some of their stuff, you should take a look at the site. There are some parts on there (including Andy rapping Ice Ice Baby...).
Old 07-16-2003, 11:57 AM   #131
Amber

Default Bryan Bros Band

Hey! Well, since Tinne pretty much answered all your questions I don't know what else I can say. lol Thanks Tinne! The contest is on bobandmike.com and we are giving 5 winners a Bryan Bros. Band CD called "Take Two" which is quite enjoyable! Also they will get 5 pictures of Mike and Bob, again enjoyable! lol All you have to do is tell us why you are a fan of Mike and Bob. Easy, huh?

As for how you became a fan, I've often wondered how many others were converted to Bryan-ism after the US Open that year. Bob's point was absolutely amazing. He was on his knees and he still managed to win the point! WOW! And Mike had a respectable showing against Andre. What more can you ask from them, considering their draws! We were happy though, because even though they got high ranked players we got to watch the matches because of it! Love that.

My sister and I did get to see the Bros. perform in their band last year in Washington DC. We went to the Legg Mason Tennis Classic and they play the player party there every year. Mike and Bob and their Dad (Wayne) got us in so that we could see them. We were very excited and taped the whole thing with my video camera. We have clips on the site of Andy rapping Ice, Ice Baby and of Mike playing the guitar while Bob plays the keyboards. We also have the audio up of them doing U2's "Beautiful Day". Very good. If you go to the Bryan Bros. Band page we have clips up of 3 of the songs on the CD. That way you have an idea of what you're getting if you win the contest! Be sure and enter!

We're going to the US Open too this year! We're going Thursday through Sunday of the first week. Probably won't see you there unless you come one of those days. And you'll find us where ever you find the twins. We're also going to Cincinnati and a few days of Indianapolis. Fun! Indy is next week and I can't wait! Woooo!

Ok, another long reply. Somebody stop me! LOL
Old 07-16-2003, 06:42 PM   #132
country flag Leo

LOL, okay so much to say.

Great, I'll definitely join the contest. Probably won't win, though, knowing my luck with these sorts of things.

Cool Amber, that's great that you'll be spending some time at the US Open too. Maybe I'll see you at one of Mike and Bob's matches.

Thanks Tinne, for letting me off the hook. You are too nice.

*runs off to bobandmike.com to hear clips of the band*
Old 07-16-2003, 06:56 PM   #133
country flag Leo

Arg, I don't have Windows Media Player so those clips of the band don't work for me. Anyway, I have to say that Mike and Bob have excellent taste in tunes! I love Fleetwood Mac, U2, and the Dave Mathew's Band.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:34 PM   #134
country flag Tinne

Leo! Get windows media player! You have no idea what you're missing! The link to download is on the video site I think.

Btw, I heard the Dave Matthews band yesterday for the first time. They're pretty good. It's a shame they aren't better known here in Europe...
Old 07-19-2003, 10:27 AM   #135
country flag Tinne

Just went and checked the draws for Indy. Seems that Bob isn't in the main draw or in the quallies...

This gives me a kinda bad feeling for the doubles too... The doubles draw is not out yet, but I'm getting the feeling our guys won't be playing next week.

Well, I guess Mike should take all the time he needs to get better. Don't want him to start the US Open on an injury... Hope it's nothing too serious though...

I'm missing the guys already...

GO MIKE AND BOB!!