Bryan Twins - Page 56 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-15-2005, 03:18 PM   #826
country flag athena_wu

athena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bryan Twins

They won today! So great. I'm so nervous in the first set. But, they woke up in time.

After the match, one of them ( I don't know Bob or Mike), said "hello" in Chinese, i.e. "Ni Hao". When asking what they would like to say to the crowd who were cheering for them all the match, one of them (Bob or Mike) said "Thanks" in Chinese againe, i.e. "Xie Xie". Sooooooooooooo Cute!!!!

I also waved US flag all the match today. I'm so exciting to cheer for them on court.
I love them more ane more.
athena_wu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #827
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

awwwwwwww I'm glad you're having fun seeing them They are definitely great.

I will watch the match later today and i will look for you holding the flag.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:37 PM   #828
country flag Margy

Margy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena_wu
They won today! So great. I'm so nervous in the first set. But, they woke up in time.

After the match, one of them ( I don't know Bob or Mike), said "hello" in Chinese, i.e. "Ni Hao". When asking what they would like to say to the crowd who were cheering for them all the match, one of them (Bob or Mike) said "Thanks" in Chinese againe, i.e. "Xie Xie". Sooooooooooooo Cute!!!!

I also waved US flag all the match today. I'm so exciting to cheer for them on court.
I love them more ane more.
Good to see that they are getting a good reception there. They always are so fan friendly. With all the negative talk about the singles players (no shows and withdrawals) over there, maybe some people at the ATP will begin to recognize that they have a good product in the doubles guys and show them some appreciation. Or is that just wishful thinking?
Margy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:04 AM   #829
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

GO TWINS!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:00 AM   #830
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

They played a lot better today, especially returned.

The guys are 2nd in their group now - they have to hope that Arthurs/Hanley LOSE to Knowles/Nestor and they have to beat Paes/Zimonjic (who have looked VERY strong this week )... I'm sure there are other permutations that would get the guys into the semis too, but that would work the best for them. I think if they and Arthurs/Hanley both win, Arthurs/Hanley would move on b/c they won their head-to-head.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 11-16-2005, 03:00 AM   #831
country flag Margy

Margy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
They played a lot better today, especially returned.

The guys are 2nd in their group now - they have to hope that Arthurs/Hanley LOSE to Knowles/Nestor and they have to beat Paes/Zimonjic (who have looked VERY strong this week )... I'm sure there are other permutations that would get the guys into the semis too, but that would work the best for them. I think if they and Arthurs/Hanley both win, Arthurs/Hanley would move on b/c they won their head-to-head.
I may be wrong, but if they have the same 2/1 record as A/H, wouldn't they still be ahead because they won a set in their loss so they had 1 more set win? Or did A/H go to 3 sets in their loss also? I don't remember and it's so hard to find doubles scores to go back and check, grrrr
Old 11-16-2005, 03:17 AM   #832
country flag Margy

Ooops, I guess I am wrong. I just saw the tie break process in a Gonzo thread and you're right. The H2H is the first determination factor. The set issue doesn't come till further down.

I should have known better than to question you Deb.

But that would be a sad way to lose out, having only 1 loss but it being to the wrong team

Let's just hope it doesn't happen that way and your good scenario works out instead.
Go Bob and Mike
Old 11-16-2005, 03:57 AM   #833
country flag josephine

josephine has a reputation beyond reputejosephine has a reputation beyond reputejosephine has a reputation beyond reputejosephine has a reputation beyond reputejosephine has a reputation beyond reputejosephine has a reputation beyond reputejosephine has a reputation beyond reputejosephine has a reputation beyond reputejosephine has a reputation beyond reputejosephine has a reputation beyond reputejosephine has a reputation beyond repute

I have got their autograph and have photograph with them in Shanghai.
josephine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:38 AM   #834
country flag Deboogle!.

Yea Margy, it sucks It's happened before when determining who wins the group, too. I remember 2 years ago both Andy and Schuettler were 2-1 but b/c Schuettler won their match, he won the group and obviously that changed the semifinal matches. so yes let's just hope it works out Regardless, the boys are looking great to end #1 anyway.

josephine, that's great! I hope you're having a good time

Old 11-16-2005, 01:33 PM   #835
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

Keeping my fingers crossed for them in the next match but so happy for them that they officially clinched the #1 spot today

Bryan Brothers Clinch No. 1

Twin brothers Bob and Mike Bryan officially clinched No. 1 Wednesday in the ATP Doubles Race for the second time in three years.

As a result of No. 2 ranked Jonas Bjorkman and Max Mirnyi's second round robin loss in the Tennis Masters Cup, the Bryans are guaranteed to finish as the No. 1 team on the ATP circuit. The Bryans will be awarded the ATP Doubles Race trophy by Waterford Crystal later in the tournament.

Bob Bryan said: “It feels unbelievable. It was always our goal at the start of the year. To finish No. 1 for the second time is a great achievement."

Mike Bryan said: "It's a good feeling to be the No. 1 team in the world. We had a great season and hope to finish the year strong here in Shanghai."

The Bryans compiled an outstanding 2005 season by capturing at least five titles for the fourth consecutive year, including their second career Grand Slam at the US Open. They also won ATP titles in Scottsdale, Queen's, Washington and the final ATP Masters Series tournament of the season in Paris. They made history as the second team in 50 years to reach the final in all four Grand Slams in one season (Bhupathi-Paes in 1999) as they were finalists at the Australian Open, Roland Garros and Wimbledon. They also were runners-up in Memphis and ATP Masters Series Monte Carlo and Rome.

The Bryans, looking to advance to the semifinals, are the two-time defending champions at the Tennis Masters Cup and they play their final round robin match on Thursday against Leander Paes and Nenad Zimonjic. The Bryans are bidding to become the first team to win three straight doubles titles at the year-end championships since Peter Fleming and John McEnroe won the Masters title seven straight years from 1978-84.

ATP chairman Etienne de Villiers said, "This could not happen to a more deserving pair. They represent all we seek in great sportsmen- they are talented, dedicated and passionate; and they know how to win. And in addition they are approachable, charismatic and highly promotable athletes and role models. We hope they will continue to play an integral and highly valued role in professional tennis."

The most successful brothers tandem in the Open Era (since 1968) have won 26 career titles together. They also appeared in an ATP-high 11 finals in 2005.

Last edited by snaillyyy : 11-16-2005 at 01:36 PM.
snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:35 PM   #836
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.masters-cup.com/en/news/2005/bryans_no1.asp

Bryan Brothers Clinch No. 1

Twin brothers Bob and Mike Bryan officially clinched No. 1 Wednesday in the ATP Doubles Race for the second time in three years.

As a result of No. 2 ranked Jonas Bjorkman and Max Mirnyi's second round robin loss in the Tennis Masters Cup, the Bryans are guaranteed to finish as the No. 1 team on the ATP circuit. The Bryans will be awarded the ATP Doubles Race trophy by Waterford Crystal later in the tournament.

Bob Bryan said: “It feels unbelievable. It was always our goal at the start of the year. To finish No. 1 for the second time is a great achievement."

Mike Bryan said: "It's a good feeling to be the No. 1 team in the world. We had a great season and hope to finish the year strong here in Shanghai."

The Bryans compiled an outstanding 2005 season by capturing at least five titles for the fourth consecutive year, including their second career Grand Slam at the US Open. They also won ATP titles in Scottsdale, Queen's, Washington and the final ATP Masters Series tournament of the season in Paris. They made history as the second team in 50 years to reach the final in all four Grand Slams in one season (Bhupathi-Paes in 1999) as they were finalists at the Australian Open, Roland Garros and Wimbledon. They also were runners-up in Memphis and ATP Masters Series Monte Carlo and Rome.

The Bryans, looking to advance to the semifinals, are the two-time defending champions at the Tennis Masters Cup and they play their final round robin match on Thursday against Leander Paes and Nenad Zimonjic. The Bryans are bidding to become the first team to win three straight doubles titles at the year-end championships since Peter Fleming and John McEnroe won the Masters title seven straight years from 1978-84.

ATP chairman Etienne de Villiers said, "This could not happen to a more deserving pair. They represent all we seek in great sportsmen- they are talented, dedicated and passionate; and they know how to win. And in addition they are approachable, charismatic and highly promotable athletes and role models. We hope they will continue to play an integral and highly valued role in professional tennis."

The most successful brothers tandem in the Open Era (since 1968) have won 26 career titles together. They also appeared in an ATP-high 11 finals in 2005.

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:56 PM   #837
country flag Deboogle!.

Too bad Bjorkman/Mirnyi are having such a bad and to their year, though,

Old 11-16-2005, 02:16 PM   #838
country flag athena_wu

athena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Bryan Twins

Oh, so Great!!

Bryans had a mini concert on the stage in the Public dinner Zone. Bob play the electronic organ and Mike played the guitar. A foreinge singer were singing with them. The became a band for entertaining us. The atmosphere was so high. We hold the US flag, wave their pics. They are so happy to see us.

We strongly asked them to perform <Ice Ice Baby> for us. They seemed to be very surprised to hear this because may be they don't think even in China we know this song and know that they can play and sing it. They were very very happy about that. Then, Bob played a part for us. And I said that was for Andy. Bob said to me " I know you". So Cute they are. I love them.

After about 30 minutes performance, they go away and doing some signatures. They are so nice.

I have taken some pics and tape some small videos when they playing.
But I don't know how to upload. May be Deb can help me. I will give all these to her.

I really really love Bryans.
athena_wu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:52 PM   #839
country flag Margy

So happy to hear what a great time you are having Athena. The boys are being their normal wonderful selves and you get to share it

And I had to laugh at de Villiers' quote "This could not happen to a more deserving pair. They represent all we seek in great sportsmen- they are talented, dedicated and passionate; and they know how to win. And in addition they are approachable, charismatic and highly promotable athletes and role models. We hope they will continue to play an integral and highly valued role in professional tennis." These are 2 of the guys that the ATP is trying to drive out of the sport with their new doubles enhancements. I think he's realizing that the doubles players do have a lot to offer if the ATP wises up and promotes them.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:56 PM   #840
country flag Margy

I almost forgot...

Congrats to the #1 Doubles Team for 2005! Great Year Bob and Mike!!