Bryan Twins - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-21-2003, 03:20 AM   #46
Leo7

Leo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Yes, i found some great piccies!

hehe i like this cartoon:
"Ferrero's going to be a tough one for anybody. This guy is the real deal already. He's got a chance at going a long, long way. This guy could be the best Spanish player ever; that's saying something." - John McEnroe, June 2000

[marquee] Hey Emma [/marquee]

Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2003, 03:21 AM   #47
Leo7

Leo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, we reached 4 pages!

Ellen, do you know any good Bryan Brothers fan sites? the only one i know is http://www.bryanbros.com (where i got all the pics from).
"Ferrero's going to be a tough one for anybody. This guy is the real deal already. He's got a chance at going a long, long way. This guy could be the best Spanish player ever; that's saying something." - John McEnroe, June 2000

Old 02-21-2003, 03:24 AM   #48
Leo7

aww, they are so great with kids...

Old 02-21-2003, 02:50 PM   #49
Ellen

Ellen

There're not that many fansites about the bros but you should check these out:

http://way.to/bryans

http://bryanbros.topcities.com (this is really great, it even has video and audioclips from the 'Bryan Brothers Band', some clips of the bros practicing and time to time updates from Mr. Bryan!)

There is also a yahoo group at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bryanbrothers/

And a messageboard at:
http://on.starblvd.net/cgi-bin/bbs?bryan_brothers

That all that I know of. Hope that helps...

Last edited by Ellen : 02-21-2003 at 03:18 PM.
Ellen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 02:25 AM   #50
Leo7

Thanks for all the great sites.

Old 02-22-2003, 12:08 PM   #51
Ellen

Ellen

You're welcome.

In the mean time Mike and Bob earned their way into the semies! Yay! In their match against Fish/Morrison the brothers were up 1 set (7-5) and on serve in the second (4-4). But then Mardy had to pull out because of a spained ankle (think he's fine though, he did play his singles match yesterday so...)

Next up for Mike and Bob is Sanguinetti and Sargsian. They are playing today after the Roddick vs Vahaly match.

GO MIKE AND BOB!!
Old 02-22-2003, 09:16 PM   #52
Leo7

Good Luck Mike and Bob!

Don't want to look ahead but the Bryan Bros. could play Blake/Gimelstob in the finals. That would be very interesting.. all-American finals in both men's singles AND men's doubles for Memphis.

Old 02-23-2003, 04:00 AM   #53
Leo7

Men's Doubles: Semifinals
(1)M. Knowles-D. Nestor d. J. Blake-J. Gimelstob 64 76(3)
(2)B. Bryan-M. Bryan d. D. Sanguinetti-S. Sargsian 63 64

Onto the finals against the #1 seeds Knowles/Nestor. Good Luck, Bryans!! Take the title!

Old 02-23-2003, 11:24 AM   #54
Ellen

Ellen

Yeahhh!!!

First Nestor/Knowles vs Bryan/Bryan of the new season! So wish I was there watching and rooting right now... This is gonna be some match! I'm sooo proud!

If the bros win this match they will even the record with the Gulliksons in most ATP titles won by brothers. They'll have 10 titles together.

YAY! Let's go Bryans!! Let's kick some Nestor/Knowles @@s!
Old 02-23-2003, 10:23 PM   #55
Ellen

Ellen

1-0 for Nestor and Knowles

The # 1 seeds won by 6-2 7-6(3)

Great tournament though! Too bad about the finals

Off they go to Acapulco...
Old 02-24-2003, 01:46 AM   #56
Leo7

KNOWLES-NESTOR CLAIM SECOND MEMPHIS TITLE
Seven years after winning their first Kroger St. Jude title, Mark Knowles and Daniel Nestor captured their first ATP title of the year with a 6-2, 7-6(3) victory over second seeds Bob and Mike Bryan. Knowles and Nestor, the World No. 1 doubles pairing who captured six titles together last year, avenged their loss to the Bryan brothers in the Basel final last October, and had only won two of their last six meetings before today's final.

"We were very fortunate today," said Nestor. "The last couple of times we've played Bob and Mike, they have had the better of us."

Knowles and Nestor were appearing in their third final of the year, having lost in Doha (to Damm/Suk) and the Australian Open (to Llodra-Santoro). "It's nice to get a win in the finals again after losing the last two in a row," said Nestor, who now has 27 career doubles titles, while Knowles captured his 25th.

The Bryan brothers were appearing in their third consecutive final having won in 2001 and losing to Brian MacPhie and Nenad Zimonjic last year. "It's déjà vu for us losing in the final," said Mike Bryan. "But we lost to the best doubles team in the world today."

it's okay, this was still a great tourney for them. and now they will play in Acapulco as defending champions, i believe. good luck to them. btw, do you know when the Bryans will play singles again?

Old 02-24-2003, 04:30 PM   #57
Ellen

Ellen

Yes indeed, they have a title to defend in Acapulco
Funny thing is that last year they guys went to Acapulco just to relax, have a fun week and play some tennis just for fun. What do you know... they end up winning the whole thing!
Let's hope they can do the same this year...

As for singles, on their schedule it says they would have singles opportunities in Acapulco. But since they were playing the finals in Memphis, they couldn't play the quallies. So I guess no singles this week. Del Rey (starting march 3rd) was also listed as possible singles opportunity and I'm quite positive they will be playing singles in River Oaks (starting april 1st)
Old 02-24-2003, 04:34 PM   #58
Ellen

Ellen

Draws for Acapulco:

The brothers are again seeded #2 after Nestor/Knowles. They will be playing the Argentinian (spell?) duo of Lucas Arnold and David Nalbandian in the first round.

Good luck boys!!
Old 02-25-2003, 02:09 AM   #59
Leo7

Good Luck in the 1st round!

Thanks for all the news, btw. They have a great chance in that Del Ray tournament which usually doesn't have a strong field. it will be a good tourney for them to get comfortable playing singles again.

Old 02-25-2003, 10:01 PM   #60
Ellen

Ellen

Del Rey will depend...

If the brothers do well in Acapulco, they won't be in Del Rey in time to play the quallies... And I really want them to do well in Acapulco... mmm

Oh well, River Oaks seems like a practically sure thing though. Although they won't get any points for that one, it's all the more experiance

Go Mike and Bob!