Bryan Twins - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-10-2003, 07:29 AM   #16
Ellen

Ellen

Quote:
Originally posted by Leo7
Ellen, you're absolutely right. and your predictions were correct - Taylor only got to play in a dead rubber. I would have picked him for the doubles with Blake instead of Fish b/c he has a bigger serve and clean volleys.

Good Luck to Bob!
I knew it! Maybe I should present myself to Pat as his personal advisor in who to take to DC

Well, maybe this loss will make Pat see the error of his ways *she says with little hope*

I am sad the US lost though. It would have been nice to see them do well.
Ellen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2003, 07:31 AM   #17
Ellen

Ellen

And some very good news on Bob: he won Joplin!!
Bryan d Kim 46 75 62
Way to go Bob!!

Next Mike and Bob will play San Jose (#1 seeds!). Good luck guys
Old 02-10-2003, 09:31 PM   #18
Leo7

Leo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Bob, great comeback! and Good Luck in San Jose!
"Ferrero's going to be a tough one for anybody. This guy is the real deal already. He's got a chance at going a long, long way. This guy could be the best Spanish player ever; that's saying something." - John McEnroe, June 2000

[marquee] Hey Emma [/marquee]

Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 06:35 AM   #19
Ellen

Ellen

What did just happen?!?!

I went to check the scores of the Siebel Open and what did I see:
Lee/Volchkov d. Bryan/Bryan 5/7 6/3 7/5

This makes me a not so very happy camper!

I just can't believe it... Bob was doing so great. Mike was having trouble with his wrist after Melbourne, but acording to Mr. Bryan, Mike was playing pain free again last week. Could it be that Bob was overpumped? Or was there too much time between tourneys and not enough matches played?...

Hope the bros do better in Mempis...
Old 02-13-2003, 10:29 PM   #20
Leo7

Leo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond repute

It's okay, these losses happen. The twins will do better in Memphis, i'm sure. Will they be seeded #1 for that tourney?
"Ferrero's going to be a tough one for anybody. This guy is the real deal already. He's got a chance at going a long, long way. This guy could be the best Spanish player ever; that's saying something." - John McEnroe, June 2000

Old 02-14-2003, 06:28 AM   #21
Ellen

Ellen

Okay, I've calmed down now
I know they can't win all the time (poor other players!) lol
They just spoiled us too much with great wins last summer I guess

Anyway, I don't know yet what the bros will be seeded (is that actually understandable english? If not, forgive me, I normally speak Dutch).
But I do know that last year Mike and Bob were in the finals (lost to McPhie/Zimonjic 3-6 6-3 4-10) and the year before they won the tourney.

So, I hope they will do just as well this time

Go Mike and Bob!!
Old 02-15-2003, 02:35 PM   #22
Ellen

Ellen

Bob is in the main draw in Memphis! He got a wild card.
He will be playing Vladimir Voltchkov in the first round.

You go, Bob!!
Old 02-15-2003, 05:38 PM   #23
Leo7

Quote:
Originally posted by Ellen
Okay, I've calmed down now
I know they can't win all the time (poor other players!) lol
They just spoiled us too much with great wins last summer I guess

Anyway, I don't know yet what the bros will be seeded (is that actually understandable english? If not, forgive me, I normally speak Dutch).
But I do know that last year Mike and Bob were in the finals (lost to McPhie/Zimonjic 3-6 6-3 4-10) and the year before they won the tourney.

So, I hope they will do just as well this time

Go Mike and Bob!!
yeah, that's understandable. you speak perfect english actually, which is very impressive since Dutch is your native language.

anyway, thanks for all the Bryan Twin news. i hope they have more success like last summer when they won TMS Toronto.

Old 02-15-2003, 07:05 PM   #24
Ellen

Ellen

Thanks for the compliment, Leo! Guess all those long lonely hours of study finally paid off Or maybe it was just watching MTV all the time... (probably the last one )

Oh and no worries about the Bryan Twins news. I'm always happy keeping other Bryan rooters up to date. Even if it is just one
Start small...think big! You never know what lurkers might be in here...
Old 02-15-2003, 09:25 PM   #25
Leo7

Quote:
Originally posted by Ellen
Thanks for the compliment, Leo! Guess all those long lonely hours of study finally paid off Or maybe it was just watching MTV all the time... (probably the last one )

Oh and no worries about the Bryan Twins news. I'm always happy keeping other Bryan rooters up to date. Even if it is just one
Start small...think big! You never know what lurkers might be in here...
Lol, i hope you're right. We need more Bryan fans in here to cheer them on.

Old 02-16-2003, 10:16 AM   #26
Ellen

Ellen

Memphis doubles draws are out.

Mike and Bob are seeded #2 (after Nestor and Knowles) and will be playing Taylor Dent and Robby Ginepri in the first round.
I'll bet Pat Mac will be watching that one front row

There's some interesting match-ups in the doubles. Andy Roddick is pairing up with Srichaphan. Love to see what that will bring...

Anyway, Mike and Bob: show us what you're worth!
Go Twins! Work that magic!
Old 02-16-2003, 07:46 PM   #27
Ellen

Ellen

Bob is selected as 'USTA Circuit Player of the Week'

Full story at:
http://www.usta.com/news/fullstory.s...CategoryID=200
Old 02-17-2003, 04:20 AM   #28
Leo7

from the article:

DAVIS CUP CAREER

Served as a practice partner for the U.S. team during the USA vs. Italy Davis Cup by NEC semifinal in Milwaukee, Wis., won by Italy, 4-1.

They should be doing more for Davis Cup.

Old 02-17-2003, 09:11 AM   #29
Ellen

Ellen

Quote:
Originally posted by Leo7
from the article:

DAVIS CUP CAREER

Served as a practice partner for the U.S. team during the USA vs. Italy Davis Cup by NEC semifinal in Milwaukee, Wis., won by Italy, 4-1.

They should be doing more for Davis Cup.
My thoughts exactly!!

The twins were practice partners when Gullikson was still coach. They were only just on the tour.

McEnroe just won't give the bros a chance He just doesn't want to see the quallities of a top class doubles team, he doesn't want to see what an asset they could be to his team
Okay, I know I biased here, but hear me out:

I think the guys on the team against Croatie played great. But it was Pat that lost the tie. I mean: now with Andy and Pete not on the team, all the pressure automaticly shifted to James. He's the only experianced player when it comes to DC on the team and he has had the better singles and doubles results in the past, of the 4 of them.

Not to say that James couldn't win those matches, but wouldn't it have been a lot easier on him if he had someone to share the load? I'm just saying: he's a young players and although he is the more experianced one on the team, he still has got a lot to learn. Also in dealing with high pressure situations. I think that is also why he yelled at that spectator during his match against Ljubicic. I have never seen James do something like that. But these things happen when you feel pressured...

Take this scenario: say the DC team would have consisted of James, Mardy, Mike and Bob. James and Mardy would have only had to worry about their singles matches and would have gotten some rest in between. They wouldn't have had to worry about winning the doubles, wich would mean at least one load taken of of their shoulders. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a coach's job, taking as much load of of his players so they can concentrate on the task at hand?

Mike and Bob would play the doubles, taking part of the responsability that was now put entirely on James. And yes, I know they don't have DC experiance either. But they do know what it is like to play big matches. They played the quarters of the Australian and French Open, they played the semies at Wimbledon and the US Open, they won the TMS Toronto (against the world's #1 doubles team, at home turf for Nestor), they played the semies of the TMS Madrid... Need I continue? Those are some big matches too. The twins know how to handle that.

I can't predict the future or anything, but I do think Mike and Bob would have had a big chance of winning that doubles rubber. Bob with his big serve, Mike with his strong return game and both know their volleys. That combined with their knowledge of the game of doubles (they have been playing doubles since they were 6).... I'm telling you: the Bryan Brothers would have been Croatia's biggest nightmare!

I can go on for hours on this... but I have class in 15 minutes

It just makes me so that the twins don't get a chance. I know they really want to play for their country. They are all american. And I know they have got the game to deserve a chance.

Patrick has been talking to the bros for what? 2 years now? He has been practicing with them. But no way he will put them on the team.
Mr McEnroe: with this said: I don't understand you at all!!!

I think it was Mike that once said during an interview that the brothers would have to be #1 in the world and have to have won all 4 slams to be appointed to the team... I'm starting to think he might be right

Ellen

PS:Wew, so far my ramble of the morning Leo, you got me started on something here! lol I think I might have scared of any lurkers wanting to come forward now.... nooooo!!!! Come back!!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 12:51 AM   #30
Leo7

Lol that was a quality ramble, Ellen. and i totally agree. James, Mardy, Mike, and Bob would have been a much smarter team for the Croatia tie. Dent and Ginepri didn't even do shit. why would PMac want to put so much pressure on James and Mardy, who are both inexperienced and don't do well in tight moments (just look at what happened to them in the AO this year). I really hope PMac considers Mike and Bob for the USA next year, but it's doubtful, especially since Andy most likely will be playing again.