Bryan Twins - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-11-2004, 06:35 PM   #271
country flag Tinne

Tinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond repute

Hey misyou25!

To answer your questions:

I think that is Fee with JanMike Gambill in that picture (yes, very jelous she gets to rub the magic abs.... You go Fee! )

Secondly: if you want to know all about the Bryans, easiest thing is to visit http://bobandmike.com, Mike and Bob's official site. Has all the info there is, I think... Come say hi on the messageboard too while your there, we always love having new people there! The link is on the homepage.
Tinne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2004, 02:58 AM   #272
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bryan Twins

I'm back! Sorry for being gone so long, I was just constantly wrapped up in other things.

First of all, let me congratulate Mike and Bob on their fabulous start to the new season. A title win followed up by the finals of the Aussie Open, their 3rd Grand Slam final in the last 4 played. And, of course, to their Davis Cup success. I got to watch their doubles win over the Austrians and they were absolutely flawless, really working well together (as always, of course). They also got tremendous lift on their chest-butting. One of the commentators here, who happens to have an inside connection with PMac, said that the Bryan Brothers are pretty secure as the US DC doubles team over the next few years, as long as they can keep up their success. I was really excited to hear that and I'm confident that they can do wonders for the team. They have so much ability on all surfaces and there are few other elite, high-calibre dubs team that have two players of the same nation that can play together in Davis Cup.

Last edited by Leo : 02-16-2004 at 03:00 AM.
Leo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:54 PM   #273
country flag Tinne

Tinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Leo How've you been? The bros did start of great this season didn't they? I'm very proud...
And I'm very happy Mike and Bob finally have that spot on the Davis Cup team!

This week the guys are playing in Memphis. Bob got a wild card into the main singles draw. But he came up against Wayne Ferreira (what a player to get in the first round...). Bob lost 6-7(13) 3-6.
But I'm sure both Bryans will get revenge in the doubles!
Old 02-20-2004, 10:55 AM   #274
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

Hey. I've been doing great. What's new with you?

Ooooh, what a close first set tiebreak Bob had! But, yeah, very tough singles draw for him. He did well.
Old 02-21-2004, 04:33 PM   #275
country flag Leo

The Bryan Bros. are into the semis to play Haas/Weiner. Tommy Haas is one of my favorite singles players and I want him to do well in his comeback, but I don't think he and his American partner will be able to stop the twins.
Old 02-22-2004, 02:09 PM   #276
country flag Tinne

You're right. Haas and Weiner couldn't stop the bros! Woohoo! Although Mike and Bob did have to fight for it: 6-3 3-6 6-2.

In the final today, Mike and Bob play Coetzee and Haggard. Good luck guys! GO MIKE AND BOB!!

Leo, if you happen to be online, you should stop by "The Cave". We're having a chat following live scores during the match. It's usually heaps of fun! The link is on http://on.starblvd.net/cgi-bin/bbs?bryan_brothers Just click the cave link (Mike and Bob's match is right after the singles final and that starts at 1pm Memphis time)
Old 02-22-2004, 04:17 PM   #277
country flag Leo

Yay for Mike and Bob, into yet another 2004 final! I'm also pleasantly surprised that they didn't drub poor Tommy and his partner; the actually lost a set!

Kay, Tinne. I'll probably be free so I'll try to come around and follow live scores with y'all. Otherwise, I won't even know where to follow live scores for their match.

Old 02-23-2004, 03:30 AM   #278
country flag Leo

Mike and Bob: 2004 Memphis Champs.

I like the sound of that.

Didn't they lose in the finals last year to Knowles/Nestor? Boy, they sure have come a long way in this past year. They now dominate Knowles/Nestor.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:08 PM   #279
country flag Tinne

Yup! Absolutely right!

Mike and Bob were in their 4th consecutive final in Memphis. They won in 2001, were in the final in 2002 (vs MacPhie/Zimonjic) and in 2003 (vs Knowles/Nestor). And now they won again! Woohoo!

Also the bros were in their 5th consecutive final: they won the Houston Masters Cup at the end of last season, started this year off with a win in Adelaide, played the finals in Sydney and the Australian Open, and now won Memphis! Us fans are getting spoiled! (not that I'm complaining of course! )

This week the guys are taking a break, next week they will play either Scottsdale or Acapulco. Not sure because their schedule says Scottsdale, but I read in an article the guys would be in Acapulco. I'll keep an eye out for the draws.

So how about a picture of the winning team?
Old 02-25-2004, 04:27 AM   #280
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Bryan Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by misyou25
To Fee: Who is this on the picture of your name?

Hey there,
Tinne was correct, that is Jan-Michael and me in the photo under my name. It's a horrible picture but the only one that I have. It was taken at the Los Angeles tournament last summer.

And yay to Bob and Mike for winning another title already this season!
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:33 PM   #281
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Man, these guys are just awesome this year.

I really hope to see them next week in Scottsdale! *fingers crossed*

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 03:18 PM   #282
country flag Tinne

Bunk, I think I might have to dissapoint you here.... Mike and Bob are playing Acapulco. At least that's what I think, because I don't really speak Spanish and I got it from this article
(http://www.abiertomexicanodetenis.co...s_2004_39.html)

Abierto Mexicano de Tenis 2004

Mextenis informa que el Abierto Mexicano de Tenis Telefónica Movistar presentado por HSBC, contará con la presencia de los hermanos Bob y Mike Bryan, pareja número uno del mundo en dobles.

El Comité Organizador del Abierto Mexicano de Tenis se complace en informar que ha sido confirmada la asistencia de los hermanos Bob y Mike Bryan, tenistas número uno del mundo en dobles masculinos, para el torneo que inicia el 1° de marzo próximo en Acapulco.

Entre los logros deportivos de esta pareja, cabe destacar que fueron los campeones, en dobles, de los torneo de Grand Slam de Roland Garros (Francia), así como del Abierto de Estados Unidos, celebrados en el año de 2003.

Es para los organizadores del Abierto Mexicano de Tenis un orgullo el poder contar una vez más con tres de los campeones defensores de la décima edición, celebrada en el año 2003: Amanda Coetzer en singles femenil, Agustín Calleri en singles varonil y ahora la pareja conformada por los hermanos Bryan en dobles masculinos.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:52 PM   #283
country flag Leo

Yeah, The Bryans like playing Acapulco. I think they won there before, no? Gosh, I'm always losing track of these things!
Old 03-03-2004, 07:00 PM   #284
country flag Tinne

That's why you have me Leo!

Mike and Bob did win Acapulco in 2002. Last year Nestor and Knowles won, if I'm not mistaken.
This year, the twins are the only real big doubles team in the draw though, so *hopehope*

GO MIKE AND BOB!
Old 03-04-2004, 05:06 AM   #285
country flag Tinne

Yes! Mike and Bob won their first match against Ferrer/Ramirez Hidalgo 6-4 6-1!! Woohoo!

Next up is Sanchez/Blanco. Go Mike and Bob!

Oh btw, there is live scoring on the Acapulco site, so we are once again chatting our way off during the matches. I won't be there tonight though, 'cause it'll be 3am here when the guys play, but I'm sure some other fans will be there.