Bryan Twins - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-03-2003, 10:39 AM   #241
Amber

Amber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bryan Twins

Wow. It's been quite since Davis Cup, huh? I guess that's what happens when the guys take 3 weeks off. lol They'll be playing Madrid next. Go Mike and Bob!
Amber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2003, 02:33 AM   #242
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

Madrid is here! Go Mike and Bob!

Btw, sorry for my long absense since the US Open. Two words: very busy! But I would like to say that I got to see some of Mike and Bob at the US open on tv (their quarterfinal match) and they played really well to overcome Ancic and Ljubicic, who were returning serve extraordinarily well. I was pleasantly surprised that they had such little difficulty in overcoming Knowles/Nestor, a team that has given them tons of trouble in the past, in the semis. Unfortunately, they did come up just short in the finals, but at least they lost to a good team in Bjorkman/Woodbridge. Plus, they still lead the Champions Race and have a great chance of ending the year as the #1 dubs team!

And I did get to watch the brothers play in DC on ESPN. They were really awesome in their straight sets win. What a way to prove that they belong on the DC team! Take that, Pmac. Hehe
Old 10-17-2003, 02:36 AM   #243
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

And how could I ever forget?! Congrats to Bob and Katarina, who finally get a mixed doubles crown! After Lisa and Mike won a couple, it was time for Bob and Katarina to take home the mixed dubs prize. And I was also very happy for Lina K and Daniel Nestor.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:58 PM   #244
Amber

Amber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Leo! We've missed you in here! Glad you're back.

You watched the Ancic/Ljubicic match on TV??? I was at that match! Did you by any chance tape it? And if you did, is there any possible way I could buy a copy from you? I would LOVE to have that match on tape! Please, please, please say you taped it! lol Let me know! Thanks!
Old 10-17-2003, 08:01 PM   #245
Amber

Ok...confused. We weren't at the Ancic/Ljubicic match, we were at the Lopez Moron/Mantilla match...but anyway...I would still love to have that match on tape if you have it. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2003, 08:31 PM   #246
country flag Tinne

Tinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Leo! Great to have you back! Missed you

The guys really did play great at the open. And on DC!! I was so happy they played so well! I thought Mike and Bob would be a bit nervous to play, now they finally got the chance, but they played awesome tennis! And I think they might be on the team for a while to come now.... PMac has finally listened to our pleads and took our fabulous advice! (or at least that's what I wish to believe... )

Next tourney up is Basel. GO MIKE AND BOB!!
Tinne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 09:38 PM   #247
country flag Leo

Default Re: Re: Bryan Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber
Hey Leo! We've missed you in here! Glad you're back.

You watched the Ancic/Ljubicic match on TV??? I was at that match! Did you by any chance tape it? And if you did, is there any possible way I could buy a copy from you? I would LOVE to have that match on tape! Please, please, please say you taped it! lol Let me know! Thanks!
I might still have it on tape but, the truth is, they only started covering the match in the second. Also, most of the final set is missing since CBS left the US Open for news at noon and they only showed the last game when they returned. So, it's really not much at all, unfortunately. I seem to have so many partial Brothers matches, like the RG final this year (only the first set ), but not any complete ones on tape. So right now I'm looking at buying some Mike and Bob matches from online tennis video services. I could give you some links if you want. I know one in particular that has tons of matches, including doubles.

Last edited by Leo : 10-17-2003 at 09:40 PM.
Leo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 09:41 PM   #248
country flag Leo

Missed ya too, Tinne.
Old 10-18-2003, 02:18 AM   #249
Amber

Thanks Leo, that'd be great. Although, we have quite a few partials too. We do, however, have the whole RG final as well as Mike and Lisa's Mixed final. If you want a copy I can make you one. All you'd have to pay for is shipping. I know I have an extra blank tape just lying around. We also have Bob's singles against Hewitt from Montreal and Bob's singles against Melzer from Newport...both losses, but whole matches. Just let me know if you want any of the above...oh yeah and we have their Montreal TMS win from last year. Wish we had their Cincinnati TMS win from this year, but we were there and don't even know if they put it on TV. lol
Old 10-18-2003, 04:23 AM   #250
country flag Leo

Amber, I suggest ordering from a British tennis video business: www.users.bigpond.com/tennisvideos1/

They have a wide selection of matches, especially from the past few years. Unfortunately they recently shut down a really good italian site called VideoArc. I hope this helps!

Btw, I'll have to get back to you about the matches that you have. I have some of the ones you mentioned, but not all. I'll be away for the weekend but I'll talk to you guys again on Monday!

Good Luck to Mike and Bob in Basel!
Old 11-09-2003, 11:23 AM   #251
country flag Tinne

Tinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Bryan Twins

Absolutely right! Doubles should get more attention. It's way more competitive and exiting then the singles competition.

But the tennis channel bought the rights to the masters cup doubles. So they are airing every match..... To bad for those without TTC I guess (including me...

The guys did win their first match yesterday! Mike and bob beat Damm/Suk 7-5 6-7(0) 7-6(4) They saved 4 match points to get the match! Way to go Mike and Bob! They play thier second match against Llodra/Santoro today. Good luck guys!

If you are in the US and you want to watch the twins, you should look out for the new show 'The Tour'. It's a reality show that will follow Andy Roddick, Brian Vahaly and Mike and Bob around from the French Open 'till the US Open next season.
Tinne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 01:16 AM   #252
country flag Leo

Bob and Mike went 3-0 in the their group! Are they the best or what?!

Unforutnately Max and Mahesh lost their second dubs match today, but they still have an outside chance, if Arthurs/Hanley beat Etlis/Rordriguez later.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:18 AM   #253
country flag Leo

Default Re: Re: Re: Bryan Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinne
Absolutely right! Doubles should get more attention. It's way more competitive and exiting then the singles competition.

But the tennis channel bought the rights to the masters cup doubles. So they are airing every match..... To bad for those without TTC I guess (including me...

The guys did win their first match yesterday! Mike and bob beat Damm/Suk 7-5 6-7(0) 7-6(4) They saved 4 match points to get the match! Way to go Mike and Bob! They play thier second match against Llodra/Santoro today. Good luck guys!

If you are in the US and you want to watch the twins, you should look out for the new show 'The Tour'. It's a reality show that will follow Andy Roddick, Brian Vahaly and Mike and Bob around from the French Open 'till the US Open next season.
I didn't know that Mike and Bob are also going to be featured on that show?! Incredible! I can't wait.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:37 AM   #254
country flag Leo

Bryans Claim No. 1

In a double celebration for American tennis, Bob and Mike Bryan Wednesday night were guaranteed to become the first team of brothers to claim the year-end No. 1 doubles team ranking. Hot on the heels of Andy Roddick's clinching of the singles year-end No. 1 title, the Bryans wrapped up the ATP Doubles Race a day after finishing their round-robin group 3-0.

Bob Bryan said: "The whole year in general was successful because we accomplished five of our lifetime goals - winning a Grand Slam, breaking the Gullikson brothers record, reaching No. 1 individually, playing Davis Cup, and finishing the year No. 1. It feels really good and all the hard work we put in through the years has paid off this year.”

Mike Bryan said: "We're happy to be the first brothers team to finish No. 1 and that was our biggest dream in the world along with playing Davis Cup. We've accomplished both goals this year. We're happy that we're making doubles more popular and there's been great doubles played here all week. We hope to finish here with a title."

Old 11-13-2003, 12:54 PM   #255
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO Congrats Mike and Bob! You deserve it!
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote