Bryan Twins - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-14-2003, 07:01 AM   #196
country flag Tinne

Tinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Bryan Twins

Bob is the tallest one although it's only by an inch. Bob is 6'4" and Mike is 6'3". Oh and yeah about that necklace.... alengendly Bob started wearing it when both brothers went to Stanford so that people would know them apart......

Time for a shameless plug on my behalf now If you want to know more about Bob and Mike, you should go visit http://bobandmike.com/ Amber, who has been in here a few times, and her sister Tiffany run that site and it has loads of great stuff like interviews, articles, pics but also clips from the bros practising and from their band playing last year in Washington and from time to time updates from Mr Bryan (Mike and Bob's dad). It has everything and anything you need to know about those gorgious boys!

Anyway, Mike and Bob are playing tonight against Srichaphan and Nieminnen (last match on center court!). GO MIKE AND BOB!!
Tinne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2003, 05:31 PM   #197
country flag Gonzo Hates Me!

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bryan Twins

Thank you Tinne for the website!
NALBANDIAN --> Benneteau --> Davydenko --> Mathieu -->
TURSUNOV --> Mantilla --> KIEFER --> NADAL -->
Karlovic --> Odesnik --> Stepanek --> Monfils -->
??

Oliver Cromwell lay buried and dead. Hee-haw. Buried and dead.
Gonzo Hates Me! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 10:14 AM   #198
country flag Tinne

Tinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond repute

Mike and Bob won their second round match agains Nieminnen and Srichaphan 6-3 6-2! Way to go guys!
They play the quarters against Etlis/Rodriguez today! Good luck boys! GO MIKE AND BOB!!

@ Gonzo (is it now? Why does he hate you, you poor thing...): You're welcome about the site! Come say hi at the messageboard if you like too. We love having new people in there. And it's usually THE place to get all the news on Mike and Bob. The link is on the website if you want to take a look.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:04 PM   #199
country flag Tinne

Mike and Bob made it to the semies!! Wooooo!!
Bryan/Bryan d Etlis/Rodriguez 61 64

Now they take on Knowles and Nestor... Tough job, but Mike and Bob can do it!! GO MIKE AND BOB!!
Old 08-17-2003, 10:10 AM   #200
country flag Tinne

Mike and Bob are in the final at cincy!! They beat Nestor/Knowles 6-2 6-3!

In the final they play Arthurs/Hanley. Good luck guys! GO MIKE AND BOB!!

PS: should I even be updating this anymore........ Is there anyones still in this thread? Leo where did you run off to? I miss you......
Old 08-17-2003, 09:52 PM   #201
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I've just been busy with work lately.

Anyway, a major congratulations to Mike and Bob: The 2003 Cincinnati Masters Doubles Champions! They beat Arthurs/Hanley 7-5, 7-6 in the final. No sets lost for this tournament, right?! Anyway, I told ya, Tinne. They wanted to win Cincy, not Canada, for Amanda.

I must make an addition to my signature...
Old 08-17-2003, 10:10 PM   #202
country flag Tinne

I'm sooooooo happy they won!!! It was such a close match! But the bros came out great! Way to go Mike and Bob!
And yes Leo you told me! Any other predictions I should know about......

Apparently Amber and her sister are having a great time! Mr Bryan came to our messageboard (http://on.starblvd.net/meet/Sports_a...ryan_brothers/) and said they were Mike and Bob's good luck charms now! So thank you Amber and Tiffany!

And look how happy Mike and Bob are:
Old 08-18-2003, 04:03 AM   #203
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, major thanks to Amber and Tiffany for their good luck vibes!

Tinne, I am looking into my crystal ball right now … and what's that I see? … Oh my, it's Mike and Bob holding up the US Open Men's Doubles trophy! Hehe
Old 08-18-2003, 01:35 PM   #204
country flag Tinne

Leo! I really really like that crystal ball of yours! Let's hope it is right again! The bros are taking the next week off instead of playing Long Island. They are using the same strategy as for the French.... taking the week before off to get some rest, get settled, adjust to the courts, prepare, practise and whatever else they might be doing.... so that they are fully armed and fired up to start the slam!

Also, the bros are playing with their band at the us open. They have 2 gigs, the first one next saturday, with Mike on the guitar instead of the drums probably because his wrist has been hurting again...

So: get rested and well prepared this week so we can see you guys winning next week!
Old 08-18-2003, 02:38 PM   #205
country flag Leo

2 gigs?! That's pretty awesome. Oh, how I'd love to se them play live!

Anyway, I think this is a smart idea to take the week off to rest for the US Open. They've already played plenty of tennis this summer (singles and doubles ) so a break is needed.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:55 PM   #206
country flag Tinne

Are you going to NYC next week? I thought you were... maybe you get to see them play.... Would be great if you did!
Old 08-18-2003, 05:38 PM   #207
country flag Leo

I'm going to the US Open for the first Wednesday (night session) and on the second Monday (day session). Hopefully the scheduling will be kind to me and I'll get to see them play. If that's the case, you can be sure I'll snap a few photos.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:10 PM   #208
country flag Tinne

Yes! Be sure to do that! And say hi from all of us loyal fans! You should look for Amber when you're there.... she's usually at the guys practise and matches (wearing a green bryan's bunch shirt. Can't miss!
Old 08-22-2003, 12:55 PM   #209
Amber

Amber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Mike and Bob named to USA Davis Cup!

Mike and Bob have been named to the USA Davis Cup! WOOOOOOOO!! Congratulations Mike and Bob! Below is an article from the Ventura County Star.

Bryan twins get first Davis Cup assignment
By Rhiannon Potkey, rpotkey@insidevc.com
August 22, 2003

There was no pacing, hand-wringing or anxious anticipation this time around for Mike and Bob Bryan.

United States Davis Cup captain Patrick McEnroe made his intentions clear two weeks ago and followed through on his promise Thursday in announcing the 25-year-old Camarillo twins had been selected to represent their country in Davis Cup play for the first time.

"It feels good. Obviously it would have been nice if we had played this earlier, but we are excited to be playing on the team and honored Pat chose us," said Bob. "I think he has more respect for us now and it will be a great experience. Since Montreal, he had been telling us to get prepared mentally, so this wasn't a huge surprise which I think is good."

Joining the Bryans on the youthful squad, which will play Slovakia in Bratislava, Slovakia on Sept 19-21 in a World Group playoff, are Andy Roddick, James Blake, Mardy Fish and Brian Vahaly.

The United States has won more Davis Cups titles (31) than any other nation, but has not won the event since 1995. The team has been ousted in the first round two of the last three years, and fell into qualifying this year after losing to Croatia 4-1 in the first round in February. Roddick missed that match with a wrist injury.

"We are going there to help them win. This is a good group of guys and they are buddies of ours. We played a lot of team situations in college and we are looking forward to doing it again," said Bob, who made his professional debut with Mike in 1998. "We feel like we are ready. Even though those guys have played before, we still feel like veterans because we have been on the tour for a while."

The Bryans, the top-ranked doubles team on the ATP tour, cleared a major hurdle in their Davis Cup path when they captured their first Grand Slam title at the French Open in June.

"That was a big reason (for the selection). Knowing he wants us to play in huge pressure matches, and seeing us win shows we can step up in big matches," said Bob.

The Bryans have won four doubles titles this season, running their career total to 13, the most by a team of brothers. Last week in Cincinnati, they captured their second career Masters Series title.

"They have obviously taken up their game a notch or two in the last six months and worked hard. It is obvious by the results," said McEnroe, who has been a frequent attendant at the the twins matches and has been working out with them lately.

"They have proven they are, if not the best, then one of the best doubles teams out there."

Choosing a stable doubles team like the Bryans is a variation from McEnroe's past squads, which featured singles players who teamed up to vie for the precious doubles point. Last year, the U.S. went 3-0 in doubles. This year, Blake and Fish lost a five-setter to Croatia's Ivan Ljubicic and Goran Ivanisevic.

"If you could have a stable doubles team that wins that is what you would like to have ... The Bryans are better than any other team I could put together at this point. I wasn't always so sure of that," said McEnroe.

In announcing the team so early, McEnroe hoped to spare the players from constant questioning throughout the U.S. Open, which begins Monday.

"I made up my mind and wanted to get it out there before the Open so no questions for the guys during it," said McEnroe. "I told them a few weeks ago. So I figured I would get it out of the way and the guys could concentrate on the Open and be ready to take on the next challenge."

The winner of the United States-Slovakia match will return to the World Group and be eligible for the 2004 Davis Cup title. The loser will have to go into regional qualifying.

McEnroe believes this lineup is one fans will become very familiar with for years to come.

"I really like this team. I like this as a core team and I am looking at them for the next few years," said McEnroe. "I think this team really has a chance for us to build something in the future."
Amber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 01:50 PM   #210
country flag Tinne

Aw man! Wooooo!!!!

Way to go Mike and Bob on making the DC team! They soooooo deserved to be on it after all they have achieved now! I'm very happy for Mike and Bob!! They are gonna do a great job!
Very happy that PMac has finally seen the light!