Bryan Twins - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-06-2003, 05:53 PM   #181
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bryan Twins

Hey Amanda, sorry I never entered the contest. But I didn't think that I standed a chance since I'm not their best fan out there.

Anyway, I got a chance to see Bob play yesterday on ESPN! And I learned very much about his singles game. First of all, he didn't go to net nearly enough against Lleyton Hewitt. Just 7 times in the entire match. He doesn't seem as confident serving-and-volleying in singles as he does in dubs. which is completely understandable but should be corrected in the future. Too often he was far behind the baseline being run around by Hewitt, and his movement from side to side isn't that great. I think he needed to use his big first serve to dictate the points and then rush the net to finish off the volley, but he wasn't able to get any of his weapons going, unfortunately. But I do have to say he remained very positive. Even in the last game he was bouncing around looking for the break. But it just wasn't meant to be yesterday. Still a great effort to qualify for a Masters Series event with wins over Moodie and Bjorkman, two players who did extremely well at Wimbledon! Also, Mike was there at the match giving Bob some support!

He was able to give Andy Roddick more of a challenge because that match was all about short points, but Hewitt is obviously a much different kind of player and plays defense much better than Roddick.

Good luck in the dubs, brothers!
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2003, 05:55 PM   #182
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, we're now at the top of the forums instead of the bottom! Cool.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:50 AM   #183
country flag Gonzo Hates Me!

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I am still on vacation! I discovered a computer.

Omigod, I watched Bob's match against Lley Lley. I really like Bob so much now, because I LOVE Lleyton and I didn't know who to root for. That says a lot. And Bob talked after the match too. I know he won't get too sideswiped by singles, but I really hope he can excel. He has a great game and congrats on his performance in qualifying. It says a lot
NALBANDIAN --> Benneteau --> Davydenko --> Mathieu -->
TURSUNOV --> Mantilla --> KIEFER --> NADAL -->
Karlovic --> Odesnik --> Stepanek --> Monfils -->
??

Oliver Cromwell lay buried and dead. Hee-haw. Buried and dead.
Gonzo Hates Me! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 09:32 AM   #184
country flag Tinne

Tinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond repute

Well Leo, I think you might have been some right before on Bob's match. I didn't see the match myself ( at eurosport for going off the cable!). But I heard Bob was not as bouncy as ever and wasn't playing his top game in not comming to net so often. Oh well, he quallified against Moodie and Bjorkman and then lost to the #5 seed. That's not all that bad if you ask me! You go Bob! Love those new emoticons!

Oh and I saw we're on top of the forum now..... I didn't notice at first and scolled down, force of habbit. I thought they kicked us off again! Very nice to be on top!

Mrs Guga: Always root for Bob! Always! Glad you like him so much now. But really what is not to like about him? And Mike too of course!

Mike and Bob are playing their doubles today, but I have no idea when. They are on the 'to be appointed' list and won't start before 4pm. They are playing Robredo/Schuettler.

GO MIKE AND BOB!!

Last edited by Tinne : 08-07-2003 at 09:36 AM.
Tinne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 07:26 AM   #185
country flag Tinne

Tinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Bryan Twins

Mike and Bob beat Robredo/Schuettler 6-3 6-4! Way to go guys!
(and that emoticon is made especially for me I think! love it!)

Next round they face Paes/Rikl or Dancevic/Larose

GO MIKE AND BOB!!
Old 08-09-2003, 06:27 AM   #186
country flag Leo

Into the semis to face Wimbledon champs Bjorkman/Woodbridge! Good Luck!
Old 08-09-2003, 11:39 AM   #187
country flag Tinne

Way to go Mike and Bob!!

One for good luck:

Good luck in the semies!!
Old 08-09-2003, 11:20 PM   #188
country flag Tinne

Aw! Bjorkman/Woodbridge d. Bryan/Bryan 7-6(6) 6-7(4) 7-5

Good luck in cincy guys!
Old 08-10-2003, 04:09 AM   #189
country flag Leo

Ouch, what a close lose! It's okay, they just want to win in Cincy instead.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:06 PM   #190
country flag Tinne

Leo! I hope you're right! But yeah the match was soooo close. I have no fingernails left!
The guys were having a hard time keeping their serve though and that's not so good when you are Mike and Bob Bryan....

Oh well, up to Cincy it is then! Amber is there with her sister cheering the guys on, so they'll just have to win!

The draws are out already. Mike and Bob have a bye in the first round and play the winner of the Corretja/Costa vs Nieminen/Srichaphan match. Good luck guys!
Old 08-13-2003, 08:14 PM   #191

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute

Here is my pic with the Bryan Bro... please say it's Bob!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leggmasonbbryan.jpg (13.5 KB, 40 views)
??

Old 08-13-2003, 09:14 PM   #192
country flag Tinne

Nice pic! It's Bob! Looking cute as ever...

Thanks for sharing it.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:19 PM   #193
country flag Tinne

*Newsflash*

Mike and Bob received and award for winning the most doubles titles by brothers (they surpassed the Gullicksons at the French and with winning Nottingham they now have 12 titles). Congratulations boys!

Tom Gullikson presents award to Bob and Mike Bryan, who have won more titles than any other team of brothers.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:50 PM   #194
country flag Tinne

Default Re: Re: Re: Bryan Twins

Same pic, but bigger:

Ooh, they look so cute!
Old 08-13-2003, 11:47 PM   #195

Thanks for the confirmation Tinne! Is Bob usually taller than Mike? Well, I guess he always wears that necklace. LOL! Anyway, they both look gorgeous in that picture with Gullickson! Congrats on their achievement
??