New Player - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
country flag MichaelSF

MichaelSF is on a distinguished road
Default New Player

To start, wanted to say hello to everyone here. My name is Michael, a recent transplant from NYC to SF. 99% of my family plays tennis aside from myself, and I'm now just getting into it at the age of 25.

I wanted to ask for some advice, as I did take 2-3 lessons about 5 years ago; and the instructor said I had great form and should just keep practicing. At this point, I signed up at a local club and will be taking private lessons + group sessions; but was curious if anyone had any advice on anything I should/should not be doing off the start. I want to make sure I don't develop something along the lines of bad form or comparable, which I have a hard time correcting in the future.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, look forward to hopefully asking more advanced questions soon!
MichaelSF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
country flag Luinir

Luinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Player

1- Practice regularly.
2- Eat proteins, vegatables and juices.
3- If you have, go for clay courts. It's easy to learn to how to play on it.
4- Be patient, you'll not going to become a good player in 2-3 months. You have to practice hard and regular. Also you have to keep your body tough.
5- Enjoy!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
country flag pferg

pferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Player

Agreed, Luinir is absolutely right on all counts. Practice makes perfect. Additionally you should join the San Francisco Tennis Ladder. It's a great way to meet new players and find matches (which you need to play in order to really play!)

https://www.tennisladders.net/index....a=1&Itemid=115

Join your local tennis ladder for free.
Find new hitting partners.
Challenge yourself to climb the ladder!
pferg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote