2011 NCAA Tournament: USC Trojans take 3rd straight title with 4-3 win over UVA! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-14-2011, 03:12 AM   #31
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2011 NCAA Tournament.

Oklahoma peaked in the Big 12 tourney it seems. Tulsa took it to them, very dissapointing loss for last year's quarterfinalists.

Minnesota had a great year despite the dissapointing loss to Fresno State.

Fresno and Tulsa showing that there is talent outside the big conferences. Good wins for both those programs.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)

Last edited by out_here_grindin : 05-14-2011 at 03:26 AM.
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 03:31 AM   #32

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of the matches tomorrow could be tougher tussels than expected. There will be one major uspet. Maybe Auburn over Georgia or Washingotn or Stanford. The favored teams will have to bring their A game because there are a lot of danegrous teams. LSU is no pushiver, nor is Lousiville.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #33
country flag darklucia

darklucia is on a distinguished road

Illinois takes the doubles point over UNC in a tiebreak.

Tulsa takes doubles over Texas.

Last edited by darklucia : 05-14-2011 at 08:26 PM.
darklucia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:17 PM   #34
country flag darklucia

Illinois wins 4-1. Texas fights to even it at 3-3 after being down 3-1 but ultimately loses.

Fresno State gets the doubles point against Cal.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #35
country flag darklucia

Kentucky gets by Louisville 4-3. Virginia wins 4-1 with Drew Courtney losing to Adam Lee. Baylor 4-1 over Texas Tech. Washington lost the doubles point and is probably headed to a 4-0 or 4-1 loss unless something drastic happens.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:11 AM   #36
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Actually a great effort by the Deacs without Atkinson. It's disappointing to see the great career of Jon Wolff end with a 7-5 3rd set loss at #1 to Shabaz, but great effort. Future looks good with Lee winning and Probakar and Hopkins taking sets.

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #37

some great matches yesterday. Great effort by Tulsa to beat Oklahoma and Texas on consecutive days. fresno State came very close to beating Cal as well.

Virginia does suddenly look less invincible. In fact Texas A&M might be playing the best out of anyone in the country right now.

Tennessee seems to have found their groove once again. Cal will be tough though, they had a tough fight with Fresno State but are still dangerous.

Duke and Georgia is one of the highlight matches. Very interesting and unique matchup. 50/50

Also I think Florida should beat Kentucky.

I have a feeling UCLA will edge Baylor as well.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #38
country flag darklucia

Round of 16 tomorrow!

I agree that Duke v Georgia and UCLA v Baylor will be great matches, and I expect Stanford v Texas A&M to be epic. Those two teams seem so similar in my mind. Cal might beat Tennessee if the top of Tennessee isn't firing. Illinois might be playing better now than in the middle of the season, but Virginia will most likely take the doubles and not lose (yet).

I hope Tulsa can give Ohio State a good fight. I haven't seen Tulsa play at all but they definitely had good wins last weekend.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #39

there will be two matches at noon,3,6,9 tomorrow. All with live video for all 6 courts. Meaning you can watch one particular match all the way through or change to tight moments in any of the 6 matches going on in either dual match.
live video link. Everything you need is in this link. Live Scoreboard and the ability to switch which match you are watching at lightning speed.

here is tomorrow's schedule: (eastern times)

noon: 6 Georgia vs 11 Duke and 3 Tennessee vs 14 Cal
3 pm: 2 Southern Cal vs 15 Georgia Tech and 7 Florida vs 10 Kentucky
6 pm: 4 Ohio State vs Tulsa and 5 Baylor vs 12 UCLA
9 pm: 1 Virginia vs Illinois and 8 Stanford vs 9 Texas A&M

Previews:

Sweet 16:

1 Virginia vs Illinois 9pm est
1: 5 Michael Shabaz vs 15 Dennis Nevolo - Nevolo can beat anyone when on his game, shown by his bageling of a few of the top players in a 3rd set. Shabaz is hungry, he really wants this title for the Cavs, to cap off his career. This will be a great match.

2: 2 Alex Domijan vs KU Singh - Domijan should roll past the dissapointing Singh, who was hyped coming in but has done little this year.

3: 34 Sanam Singh vs 122 Roy Kalmanovic

4: 56 Jarmere Jenkins vs 81 Abe Souza

5: 39 Drew Courtney vs 104 Johnny Hamui - There is a question iof Courtney will play or not because of a foot injury. He may play doubles only then UVA would but Shane into this spot.

6: Justin Shane vs Bruno Abdelnour - Uriguen will play here for UVA iff Courtney sits it out.

Overall Virginia should win this match. Illinois posted a nice win over UNC to make it here and UVA has been less dominant toward the end of the year than they were early. If Illinois takes doubles it could get tight.

8 Stanford vs 9 Texas A&M 9pm est
1: 9 Bradley Klahn vs 17 Austin Krajicek - Both players are in good form.

2: 46 Ryan Thacher vs 31 Jeff Dadamo - This match will favor Dadamo as Thacher has been off lately.

3: 71 Alex Clayton vs Alexei Grigorov

4: 119 Dennis Lin vs 94 Alexis Klegou

5: Matt Kandath vs Colin Hoover

6: Daniel Ho vs Junior Ore

There are some injury questions at the bottom for both teams which creates the Ho vs Ore match, neither player with much experience.

Texas A&M is on fire and playing the best off anyone in the nation right now. They have talent throughout the line-up, shown by one of the top Freshman coming in to the season, Ore, only playing 6. But this is on Stanford's fabled courts. Just hoe much will home court advantage be worth? Match of the day that should go down to the wire. A&M has the advantage at 2,4,6. Stanford has teh edge at 1,3,5.

4 Ohio State vs Tulsa 6 pm

1: 4 Blaz Rola vs 27 Marcelo Arevalo

2: 10 Chase Buchanan vs 62 Japie De Klerk

3: 107 Ille Van Engelen vs 88 Ashley Watling

4: 50 Matt Allare vs 99 Clifford Marshall

5: 65 Devin McCarthy vs Grant Ive

6: 111 Balazs Novak vs Tristan Jackson

Titanic effort from Tulsa to even get here. They went into Norman,OK and beat Oklahoma and Texas. De Klerk and Arevalo have both played great lately. But Ohio State will be too strong, they are favored at every line except #3(Van Engelen is Ohio State's built in stacker).

5 Baylor vs 12 UCLA

1: 19 John Peers vs 37 Daniel Kosakowski - Kosahowski is playing really well and is better than his rank. He will be a top 15 player next year. I expect him to beat Peers

2: 68 Sergio Ramirez vs 58 Amit Inbar

3: Jordan Rux vs 79 Clay Thompson

4: 102 Roberto Maytin vs 103 Adrien Puget - Puget went on a run in the Pac 10 singles tournament, but lost to Ole miss #4 in UCLA's last match.

5: 97 Kike Grangeiro vs Holden Seguso - Seguso was the hero vs Ole Miss. Will he be drained or ready to go even more?

6: Julian Bley vs Maxime Tabatruong

These two met in the regular season and UCLA won 4-3, but that was before Baylor was in stride. Plus only Peers vs Kosakowski will be a rematch from last time, as the line-ups have changed for both teams since the 1st meeting. This will go down to the wire.

Last edited by out_here_grindin : 05-19-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #40
country flag Cava

Cava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond reputeCava has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2011 NCAA Tournament: Round of 16 starts Thursday! All matches with live video li

Thanks for the link. Today I'm picking UVA/OSU/STAN/UCLA/DUKE/UK/UT/USC.

I think Baylor has reverted to early season form so UCLA takes them out in surprisingly easy fashion.

A&M makes me nervous w/ doubles. #2 hasn't been playing well so I think they have to win #1/#3 to take doubles. Predicting a loss of doubles point. Then I agree w/ your singles breakdown. 4-3 Stanford
Old 05-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #41

Default Re: 2011 NCAA Tournament: Round of 16 starts Thursday! All matches with live video li

First result of the day is in

6 Georgia def 11 Duke 4-1

UGA took the doubles point

1: Spencer def Cunha 6-4 6-3 - Dissapointing match from Cunha, represented the team effort.
2: unfinished
3: Mengel def Doumbia 6-2 6-4 - Impressive win from the Duke Freshman, but didn't matter in the end.
4: Bernstein def Saba 6-4 6-4
5: unfinished
6: Pieters def Marchesse 4-6 6-3 6-2 - Pieters has played great since moving from 5 to 6. This was the clinching match

Old 05-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #42
country flag darklucia

I was surprised by how many returns and first balls Cunha was missing. From what I watched, Cunha's serve was going to deuce a lot while he didn't make much of a dent in Spencer's service games.

The only big surprise in Tennessee vs Cal was Conkic/Smith losing to Andrews/Konigsfeldt at number one doubles.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #43
country flag Luinir

Luinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond repute

i'm watching rola-aravelo match (thanks to out here grinding, he sent to me pm )

this aravelo guy has really big heart. he isn't any special but really great fighter. tulsa will lose the series likely but he's going to win his match against #4 just right now. takes the first set 6-4.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:05 AM   #44

Arevalo has played davis cup for El Salvador before.

I am dissapointed in Stanford's coverage right now. The scores for Baylor/UCLA aren't showing up. They need to get it together.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:12 AM   #45
country flag Luinir

Luinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond repute

omg, what a tie between baylor and ucla. tie was 3-3 and grangeir-seguso went to the third set breaker. seguso had 4mps at 6-4, 6-5, 7-6 and 8-7 and missed them with ues. at 9-8 grangeir had his first mp and took it. that was way dramatic. seguso was in tears badly at the end.