Vamos, It's the late clay season - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 05-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #31
country flag Fat Camel
Registered User
 
Fat Camel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 19
Posts: 2,745
Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

I'm just so happy to see Arnaud playing a slam again and try not to think about retirement.
Hope, they'll give him one of the center courts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
nadal is the worst player ever he was 2 points away from winning he should retire he is ugly and i am going to sleep bye rafael nash!t i hate ur existence
ARNAUD CLEMENT
Xavier Malisse Janko Tipsarevic
Stanislas Wawrinka - Brian Baker - Roger Federer - Daniel Evans - Alexandr Dolgopolov - Gilles Simon - Lleyton Hewitt - Richard Berankis - Ernests Gulbis - Mikhail Youzhny - Nicolas Mahut - Oli Rochus - James Blake - Fabio Fognini - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Paul-Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo - Danai Udomchoke
Fabrice Santoro - Marat Safin - Nicolas Lapentti - Sebastian Grosjean - Andy Roddick
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #32
country flag soulage
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,709
soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

Pere Riba in 1st QR in Nice, clay court specialist with good results lately. Not the easiest draw it's a pity to play qualies of a 250 and face the #71 . That's the problem with that ranking Good luck but the luch is not too much with him those days
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #33
country flag Marine
Registered User
 
Marine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Paris
Posts: 6,073
Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

soulage I don't see why seb would play again (even in double), he stoped last year. i'd love to see them back together a last time in RG, but it won't happen.
And I agree with kezzi, it's not very funny this idea of arnaud stoping.
Of course his tennis is pathetic, he's not able to win a match in challenger, his career is not interesting to follow now, I must admit. and it's not interesting for him, even if, still some months ago he said he was still motived...but... despite of all these bad things, I know I'll be sad when he'll annonce he stops, especially if he does it this year in RG. I'm not ready for that.
__________________
"A la base, nous les Français, sommes les champions du monde des râleurs. J'ai l'impression qu'être français, c'est un peu un handicap pour être le meilleur dans ton sport.
Pour faire du sport de haut niveau, d'autres mentalités sont plus propices".

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #34
country flag Kezzi
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,801
Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
He's kind of survivor no more player that he can consider as a friend on tour so at the moment to search a partner I imagine him saying i'm the last they all gone that's not a sad situation quite funny indeed. And yes I would found funny if he could play with Seb nothing especially sad either I'm wondering about the doubles in RG and for me it can be funny situations I vote for a Seb/Arno double in RG

Maybe he won't do but i really feel 2011 like his last season due to his injury problems
Arnaud might say that as a joke, but imo he himself is the only one who can joke about that. I might misunderstand what you mean, but at this moment that's what I see. And I don't think there are no players left who he considers a friend. Maybe not his best friends, but still.
I definitely misunderstood what you said about Seb, cause a double with him can be funny indeed. I read it as if you posted that smiley, because he missed Seb's goodbye. I don't think they will play doubles though, even if I'd love to see that.

To some extent I agree with that, but there are players with more severe injuries and they didn't stop. It doesn't have to be the reason for Arnaud to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
soulage I don't see why seb would play again (even in double), he stoped last year. i'd love to see them back together a last time in RG, but it won't happen.
And I agree with kezzi, it's not very funny this idea of arnaud stoping.
Of course his tennis is pathetic, he's not able to win a match in challenger, his career is not interesting to follow now, I must admit. and it's not interesting for him, even if, still some months ago he said he was still motived...but... despite of all these bad things, I know I'll be sad when he'll annonce he stops, especially if he does it this year in RG. I'm not ready for that.
Me neither.
__________________
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #35
country flag Fat Camel
Registered User
 
Fat Camel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 19
Posts: 2,745
Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Arnaud might say that as a joke, but imo he himself is the only one who can joke about that. I might misunderstand what you mean, but at this moment that's what I see. And I don't think there are no players left who he considers a friend. Maybe not his best friends, but still.
I definitely misunderstood what you said about Seb, cause a double with him can be funny indeed. I read it as if you posted that smiley, because he missed Seb's goodbye. I don't think they will play doubles though, even if I'd love to see that.

To some extent I agree with that, but there are players with more severe injuries and they didn't stop. It doesn't have to be the reason for Arnaud to stop.


Me neither.
I think nobody's ready. These injuries happened so all af the sudden
And i hope he's not ready himself for this step.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
nadal is the worst player ever he was 2 points away from winning he should retire he is ugly and i am going to sleep bye rafael nash!t i hate ur existence
ARNAUD CLEMENT
Xavier Malisse Janko Tipsarevic
Stanislas Wawrinka - Brian Baker - Roger Federer - Daniel Evans - Alexandr Dolgopolov - Gilles Simon - Lleyton Hewitt - Richard Berankis - Ernests Gulbis - Mikhail Youzhny - Nicolas Mahut - Oli Rochus - James Blake - Fabio Fognini - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Paul-Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo - Danai Udomchoke
Fabrice Santoro - Marat Safin - Nicolas Lapentti - Sebastian Grosjean - Andy Roddick
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #36
country flag soulage
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,709
soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
soulage I don't see why seb would play again (even in double), he stoped last year. i'd love to see them back together a last time in RG, but it won't happen.
And I agree with kezzi, it's not very funny this idea of arnaud stoping.
I made two parts in my post one about a possible retirement announced but nothing sure then a second about the doubles and I made fun about the choice of a double partner I didn't think you would be hurt by this After write something not funny i try to do a bit of smile. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
Of course his tennis is pathetic, he's not able to win a match in challenger, his career is not interesting to follow now, I must admit. and it's not interesting for him, even if, still some months ago he said he was still motived...but... despite of all these bad things, I know I'll be sad when he'll annonce he stops, especially if he does it this year in RG. I'm not ready for that.
I don't think this is not interesting to follow It can be boring or tough but always something interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi;
Arnaud might say that as a joke, but imo he himself is the only one who can joke about that. I might misunderstand what you mean, but at this moment that's what I see. And I don't think there are no players left who he considers a friend. Maybe not his best friends, but still.
If we look all the partner of Arno in RG past years now they are retired or with a new partner. And I really want Seb Arno, Seb didn't go on court last year in RG why not this year ?
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #37
country flag Kezzi
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,801
Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

He lost.
The message on FB: Arnaud vient de s'incliner en deux Sets face à P. RIBA sur le score de 6/4 7/5
__________________
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #38
country flag Fat Camel
Registered User
 
Fat Camel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 19
Posts: 2,745
Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

3/23 on 2nd serve in the second set
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
nadal is the worst player ever he was 2 points away from winning he should retire he is ugly and i am going to sleep bye rafael nash!t i hate ur existence
ARNAUD CLEMENT
Xavier Malisse Janko Tipsarevic
Stanislas Wawrinka - Brian Baker - Roger Federer - Daniel Evans - Alexandr Dolgopolov - Gilles Simon - Lleyton Hewitt - Richard Berankis - Ernests Gulbis - Mikhail Youzhny - Nicolas Mahut - Oli Rochus - James Blake - Fabio Fognini - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Paul-Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo - Danai Udomchoke
Fabrice Santoro - Marat Safin - Nicolas Lapentti - Sebastian Grosjean - Andy Roddick
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #39
country flag soulage
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,709
soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

How do you understand that loss cos he was *5-1 up in that second set but on serve he was hitting doubles faults and many second balls. Why he has been so poor on serve today because he's no more used to play match because it was windy or because he had a pain I can't help myself to think of the last possibilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi
To some extent I agree with that, but there are players with more severe injuries and they didn't stop. It doesn't have to be the reason for Arnaud to stop.
My english is not enough good i'im not sure to understand your point of view . You mean that injury can't be the reason for leaving ? I'm sure that Arno loves so much that game that if he was not injured he would to continue until 40 yo .

He would a pity to leave because your body decide it and not because you want it but i'm afraid it could happen in his case The grass and HC are more favorable for him he entered Nottingham second week of RG.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #40
country flag Kezzi
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,801
Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
How do you understand that loss cos he was *5-1 up in that second set but on serve he was hitting doubles faults and many second balls. Why he has been so poor on serve today because he's no more used to play match because it was windy or because he had a pain I can't help myself to think of the last possibilty


My english is not enough good i'im not sure to understand your point of view . You mean that injury can't be the reason for leaving ? I'm sure that Arno loves so much that game that if he was not injured he would to continue until 40 yo .

He would a pity to leave because your body decide it and not because you want it but i'm afraid it could happen in his case The grass and HC are more favorable for him he entered Nottingham second week of RG.
I'm not saying it can't be a reason for leaving, I'm saying it doesn't have to be a reason. Every time an older player gets an injury everyone starts talking about retirement, but we just don't know that. We can't look into their minds. And I have the feeling that Arnaud's injury isn't of the kind he can't overcome. Yes, he has a bad losing streak, but I don't think it's so bad that he can't fight back anymore. So far his injury doesn't completely keep him from playing.
__________________
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #41
country flag Filo V.
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,909
Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

Arno has a horrible combination of a low first serve percentage and a low second serve winning percentage. He's never been a high average server but he's usually won most points on his first serve and enough on the second serve for it not to hurt him too much. Now he's barely winning second serve points but still serving at low percentages, and it's costing him big time.

Whether it's injury or not, we'll probably know. Maybe it's rhythm since this is his second match in weeks. But this has been the pattern for Arno for basically the last year so it's not a good sign.

I think that if Arno does retire, it will because he's simply burnt out and lacks motivation, not because of health. The health may drive him into a lack of motivation, but I don't think that will be the sole reason he decides to end his career.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #42
country flag Filo V.
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,909
Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

If Arno doesn't retire at RG, we'll probably know what his career will be like on grass. If he struggles, I don't expect him to continue in 2012. If he has a resurgence, he just might hang on until he can't anymore. He hates clay so anything outside of losses was really unexpected from me and I'm sure himself as well
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #43
country flag soulage
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,709
soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
And I have the feeling that Arnaud's injury isn't of the kind he can't overcome. Yes, he has a bad losing streak, but I don't think it's so bad that he can't fight back anymore. So far his injury doesn't completely keep him from playing.
Well, It's already forced him to interrup the training three times this year and it seems that's it prevent him to give his best on court. If he doesn't keep him from playing it keep him to be competitive imo

Thanks to Jean for his report from yesterday http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...=177368&page=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jean* View Post
Well, I'm a fan of Arnaud, so I'm not gonna be too tough: the man is turning himself into ridiculous. He's never had a powerful nor a penetrating game, but that was worse today; barely pushing his serves in, he was on his backfoot with Riba returning well: deep in the middle, finishing off points easily with dropshots and sharp volleys.
The second set was all about Clement choking, he was 4-1 or 5-1 ahead, and ended up losing it 5-7 without giving a fight to be honest. On another hand, you have to know that Riba is coming out of a reasonably good clay season and he was playing with much confidence today, going for many winners with a detached attitude, as if he was sure to win, just here for a routine match against a player by which he could have been easily beaten a few years ago. Clement did not even take time to sign autographs for the few kids around; the rumours according to which he will retire at Roland Garros are, I hope, true, because Arnaud is no longer playing tennis right now anyway.
He's in the double draw with Adrian http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/6120/mdd.pdf
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #44
country flag Marine
Registered User
 
Marine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Paris
Posts: 6,073
Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

Thanks for the infos.
The second one (especially the last sentence) is depressing.
__________________
"A la base, nous les Français, sommes les champions du monde des râleurs. J'ai l'impression qu'être français, c'est un peu un handicap pour être le meilleur dans ton sport.
Pour faire du sport de haut niveau, d'autres mentalités sont plus propices".

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #45
country flag soulage
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,709
soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season



Riba destroyed Brizzi 6062 yeterday and Russel 6261 today. Arnaud is the only to have give him little troubles that's add to the weird of the situation. I'm happy he's playing with Adrian pity there no streaming for doubles that's a lovely team
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios