HBO game of thrones - anyone watching? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #76
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HBO game of thrones - anyone watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lembras View Post
I cannot stand Tyrion. People with physical problems annoy the fuck out of me.
Says an awful lot about you as a person that you would be annoyed by physical disabilities beyond a person's control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #77
country flag solowyn
Banned!

solowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Jon Snow barely made an impact apart from his looks. That's an odd choice.
They are very nice looks
solowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #78
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Great episode this week. I always like it when a show changes up its structure and focusing on one location for the whole episode was a very good decision. I think the problem with this season, compared to the first, is that we have been spending time with some characters more out of obligation than necessity, so it was good to tighten the focus and feel the full weight of the events.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #79
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

The battle sequence was fantastic.

I hope Tyrion lives. It'd be an utter injustice if he died and that pansy Joffrey continued to live.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #80
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

I know

If he dies, the next actor playing the hand of the king can start sending out CVs around season three episode nine
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #81
country flag Thanos

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think he will die considering he only got cut in the face. he will have a scar for the rest of the series. i still think that jaime will be the first lannister to die and lady stark the first from the starks.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #82
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Tempted to post spoilers.
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #83
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjhb View Post
Casting has again been excellent, but I'm not too sure on Stannis personally. Melisandre though is perfect.

GRRM apparently directed the Blackwater episode (which also took up most of the season's budget ) so that should be amazing.

Something which happens next season (if you've read book 3, you'll know what I mean) has the potential to be one of the great TV scenes if they do it right, which I'm sure they will.
Stannis is the biggest disappointment in terms of casting. Davos and Melisandre are great though.
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
Old 05-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #84
country flag Thanos

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

you said yourself that the books are slightly different than the series .
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #85
country flag tennizen

Not different enough that they'll mess with the order of the Lannister/Stark deaths.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #86
country flag vucina

vucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Stannis is the biggest disappointment in terms of casting. Davos and Melisandre are great though.
GTFO

vucina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #87
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Only Stannis and Tywin Lannister have the commanding aura of bad-assery you expect from men in their position. Good casting choices. The actors make it believable they could lead armies in battle, something you can't say for the majority of "kings" and "queens" in the series.

Season 2 has been suffering a little from budget constraints (I think) but the latest episode was great. It's very expensive to do episodes like #9 and some previous episodes obviously paid for it.

Just look at how many long and drawn out conversation-scenes there are in S2 just for some minor detail with so many important and bigger things going on somewhere else. The filler-material was less obvious in S1.

The success of season1 probably wasn't helping with keeping the salaries down either. Shouldn't complain really because the quality is still top notch for TV but it was so great in S1 you start to compare it to real movies and have the same expectations. I sort of wish they had a few more millions to put into every episode now when the real action has begun

Last edited by MaxPower : 05-29-2012 at 09:40 PM.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #88
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen a couple of episodes of this series on and off. They seem to be using a lot of sex and female nudity to attract male viewers and cover for the fact that the storyline isn't particularly interesting. Very cheap.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:03 AM   #89
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

The storyline is VERY interesting, but HBO seems to think that adding scenes of female nudity to scenes where male character talk (like wtf was that scene between Bronn and the Hound last night ) is necessary when it's not.

Great scene on Sunday. Wish GRRM could write all the episodes, but if he did, we'd never get the next two books

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:16 AM   #90
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Tempted to post spoilers.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
I've seen a couple of episodes of this series on and off. They seem to be using a lot of sex and female nudity to attract male viewers and cover for the fact that the storyline isn't particularly interesting. Very cheap.
Not saying/implying it's right/wrong/whatever but the nudity in this show is quite standard-issue for HBO. It's actually been toned down in season 2 compared to season 1. I suppose if you're looking for a "clean" show, you wouldn't be watching a HBO show. It's sort of like going to Las Vegas and complaining about the strippers.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote