HBO game of thrones - anyone watching? - Page 56 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-10-2014, 11:23 PM   #826
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HBO game of thrones - anyone watching?

Last episode was not the same without Cersei's pouting and pucking...she was probably sick during filming.

Last edited by Mr. Oracle : 06-10-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2014, 01:42 AM   #827
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Last episode was shit

Ygritte looks like Bianca from eastenders which ruins' her romance with Jon snow

Hilarious the kid with the toy bow kills her
Old 06-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #828
country flag Chris Kuerten
Banned!

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

This would've worked for me as well

If they would've cut out the scene in which Jon described her to him at least, otherwise he probably would've realized it immediately.
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #829
country flag Chris Kuerten
Banned!

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Surely I can't be the only one who thought she is a natural redhead? I am a bit disappointed now
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #830
country flag Thanos

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

sansa doesn't have red pubes..... disappointing.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #831
country flag Ace Pounder

Ace Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggydog View Post

Epic moment. FATALITY
It was completely unexpected, outstanding!

I liked the last episode very much, to be honest. A whole episode focusing on the battle was risky but it paid off. The cinematography was great considering it's a TV series. The giants looked very good.

And damn, Snow eventually showed he wasn't only a naïve, useless bastard. Good development of character.

Deus ex MachineGun
(Ignosce mihi.)

Ace Pounder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #832
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
but this is what the book readers do. They don't blatantly say what will happen but they will put these little snide wink wink to other readers comments that they think are so clever that a non book reader will never figure out.
ok, so what will happen, since you are so clever and you figured out from my "hint"?

btw i didnt read the books, im just a trained scriptwriter

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #833
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
but this is what the book readers do. They don't blatantly say what will happen but they will put these little snide wink wink to other readers comments that they think are so clever that a non book reader will never figure out.
It is annoying, and snobbish moreover. I'm a book reader and I told them so...but it's not like anyone cares about those not simultaneously updated to their level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed fordawin View Post
This series is really declining big time. Last season was very strechy in its good moments, and this one is just boring. Characters are just one dimensional using catchphrases and literary gimmicks.
The "you know nothing Jon Snow" as Ygritte died was so stupid!

First rule of action scenes: if you don't care for the characters, then the action will be boring no matter how well executed. This episode suffered from that.
It's like death in a Bollywood film if you've ever seen one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post

I think a lot of it has to do with Jon's dumb grin which seemed a bit out of place to me, I could've done with a subtle smile there. Or perhaps that simply is his way of subtly smiling, in which case he can't be saved.
Jon's grin wasn't meant to be subtle, IMO. It's part of the developing moral ambiguity in his character, the way I see. He knows Ygritte fell for him, and he knows a smile can charm her enough to not kill him. Jon Snow's loyalty is only to Castle Black and his character now seems committed to any amount of fox-like diplomacy to keep Castle Black going. He's dropped way below the Kantian moral standard set by his father Ned Stark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rychu View Post

Also, Grenn with Night's Watch defending the gate was pretty emotional.
I'll miss Grenn. And even Pyp. RIP

Grenn, Pyp and Dolorous Edd kept the humour running in the Night's watch. With two of them gone, I hope Dolorous Edd remains, or else Jon Snow will brood all over Night's Watch, with Sam crying on one shoulder, and the Blind Maester on the other. Not like they have much life in the north.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
Last episode was shit

Ygritte looks like Bianca from eastenders which ruins' her romance with Jon snow

Hilarious the kid with the toy bow kills her
It will be interesting to see if they will give this boy further role in the series, cause he wasn't there in the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGun View Post
It was completely unexpected, outstanding!

I liked the last episode very much, to be honest. A whole episode focusing on the battle was risky but it paid off. The cinematography was great considering it's a TV series. The giants looked very good.

And damn, Snow eventually showed he wasn't only a naïve, useless bastard. Good development of character.
Neil Marshall seems a bit of an expert in directing action scenes. He also did Blackwater in Season 2.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #834
country flag Ace Pounder

Ace Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Neil Marshall seems a bit of an expert in directing action scenes. He also did Blackwater in Season 2.
Indeed. Both episodes are in the Top 10 of the series, in my opion.

Deus ex MachineGun
(Ignosce mihi.)

Old 06-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #835
country flag Ace Pounder

I haven't read the books, so I don't know what to expect for the last episode of the 4th season.

I'mma be cliché, but I hope I'm going to be slayed.

Deus ex MachineGun
(Ignosce mihi.)

Old 06-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #836
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond reputeDirewolf has a reputation beyond reputeDirewolf has a reputation beyond reputeDirewolf has a reputation beyond reputeDirewolf has a reputation beyond reputeDirewolf has a reputation beyond reputeDirewolf has a reputation beyond reputeDirewolf has a reputation beyond reputeDirewolf has a reputation beyond reputeDirewolf has a reputation beyond reputeDirewolf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post

It's like death in a Bollywood film if you've ever seen one.

The current Big 4 Djokovic|Federer|Nadal|Nishikori
Heya Newcomer Topspindoctor pfl
Team India for ACC: Clutchonandwin Monfed Unforced Terror Fastgrass
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:58 PM   #837
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGun View Post
I haven't read the books, so I don't know what to expect for the last episode of the 4th season.

I'mma be cliché, but I hope I'm going to be slayed.
ive managed to completely avoid spoilers for this one. So I am juiced up. I was spoiled for about everything else big in the show thus far

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:08 AM   #838
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

The finale sucked hard, they barely had any time for tyrion's escape. And they totally missed an opportunity to wow the audience with a twist that should've been the last scene.

Last edited by tennisfan856 : 06-16-2014 at 06:13 AM.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:19 AM   #839
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

The last episode should be the best of this season.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #840
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post
The finale sucked hard, they barely had any time for tyrion's escape. And they totally missed an opportunity to wow the audience with a twist that should've been the last scene.
a twist that was in this one?

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote