HBO game of thrones - anyone watching? - Page 32 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #466
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HBO game of thrones - anyone watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
I agree, the young actor playing Joffrey is incredible!
Yeah, it's a real shame I read somewhere that he intends to stop acting after GOT and continue his studies. Surely that's a more certain and a stable way to earn your income, but I feel we might be deprived of some great performances from him!
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013, 05:09 AM   #467
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Few points I made that summed up the season for me:

1. Lannisters are by and far the most interesting family, and keep the show running - maim them all you will, their interactions are the ones I look most forward to.

2. Somehow I don't like the messianic proportions Dany's character is taking. I'd rather see her land in Westeros with her fleet at the start of next season. Her misadventures are too prolonged and boring. That latest character Dario Naaharis is a cardboard cut-out, without the kind of depth and inner conflicts the other side characters have. In fact, his service to Dany is about as absorbing as Ferrer's matches with Nadal.

3. Jon Snow's character arc goes from boring to annoyingly boring. I thought the little stint in the cave with Egret would have given his character some grey shades but there he goes again, back to the crows. Samwise Tarly remains the saving grace of Castle Black. Sad to know Commander Mormont left.

4. Arya Stark and Bran are the only interesting characters left among the Starks, now that their argumentative mother has departed.

5. However, I was more touched by Ned Stark's death than the show at the Red Wedding. Dunno why - maybe it's just me.

And for god's sake, please let Winter come!!!
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 06-21-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #468
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
2. Somehow I don't like the messianic proportions Dany's character is taking. I'd rather see her land in Westeros with her fleet at the start of next season. Her misadventures are too prolonged and boring. That latest character Dario Naaharis is a cardboard cut-out, without the kind of depth and inner conflicts the other side characters have. In fact, his service to Dany is about as absorbing as Ferrer's matches with Nadal.
Completely agree with this. I am now starting to read the books (hoping to finish all the ones that have come out pretty soon, definitely before the next season), and I'm hoping her storyline is better in the books because there is 0 excitement there in the show. Too cheesy and no twists or turns.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #469
country flag SimaoPancao

SimaoPancao has a reputation beyond reputeSimaoPancao has a reputation beyond reputeSimaoPancao has a reputation beyond reputeSimaoPancao has a reputation beyond reputeSimaoPancao has a reputation beyond reputeSimaoPancao has a reputation beyond reputeSimaoPancao has a reputation beyond reputeSimaoPancao has a reputation beyond reputeSimaoPancao has a reputation beyond reputeSimaoPancao has a reputation beyond reputeSimaoPancao has a reputation beyond repute

Was expecting a better tv show than this... Has a good storyline, but really bad characters as well as horrible actors. Lannister's fammily makes it alive, at least for now. But that's impressive the amount of people saying that this is the best of TV series ever... If it wasn't for Tyrion, I would never watch the last seasons.

Last edited by SimaoPancao : 06-21-2013 at 01:17 PM.
SimaoPancao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #470
country flag Goliath

Goliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Few points I made that summed up the season for me:

1. Lannisters are by and far the most interesting family, and keep the show running - maim them all you will, their interactions are the ones I look most forward to.

3. Jon Snow's character arc goes from boring to annoyingly boring. I thought the little stint in the cave with Egret would have given his character some grey shades but there he goes again, back to the crows. Samwise Tarly remains the saving grace of Castle Black. Sad to know Commander Mormont left.

4. Arya Stark and Bran are the only interesting characters left among the Starks, now that their argumentative mother has departed.

5. However, I was more touched by Ned Stark's death than the show at the Red Wedding. Dunno why - maybe it's just me.

And for god's sake, please let Winter come!!!

She is nowhere near King's Landing by the end of fifth book. She is perfecting her administrative skills somewhere far.
Though I am glad the emotional disaster, weeping water tank Stark lady has been taken out. Made some episodes nearly unbearable
The two most wonderful words missing in English language: Vamos Rafa!
Proud lover of the Dynamic Agile aggressive baseliner from Spain.
BEST SHOT EVER: Rafa's Forehand. Anywhere. Anytime.
Goliath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #471

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath View Post

She is nowhere near King's Landing by the end of fifth book. She is perfecting her administrative skills somewhere far.
Though I am glad the emotional disaster, weeping water tank Stark lady has been taken out. Made some episodes nearly unbearable
Oh, dear!

But rumor has it, Book 4 and 5 are to be combined into a single fifth season. If that is true, she'd hopefully touch King's Landing by the end of the fifth and stop dragging us into eternity with her hordes. Also, lets not forget they are not playing the series in the order of the books (Theon's torture - I have not read the books - I believe is from a much later book in the series); so it would be wise to bring Dany here already, if all her future incidents are about hopping from town to town in Essos relieving world stress and contributing zilch to the plot.

In any case, the creators Beinoff and Weiss have said they don't think the show should extend beyond eight seasons on the whole, because it would slow down the whole thing. Curiously, the penultimate book in the series 'Winds of Winter' and the final book are yet to be released, and given the speed at which GRRM currently writes (he has one leg in the show as well), there's a good chance he'll do a splits like Jelena Jankovic and the series won't finish in eight straight years. There might be a gap of a year or two. That would be funny, because as per his contract with HBO, if he dies during the splits, the creators would they then have full liberty to end the show the way they want, provided they keep to his central plot and final resolutions which he has already revealed to them.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 07-11-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #472
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
she'd hopefully touch King's Landing by the end of the fifth and stop dragging us into eternity with her hordes. Also, lets not forget they are not playing the series in the order of the books (Theon's torture - I have not read the books - I believe is from a much later book in the series)
She'll probably still be in Meereen in the seventh book And Theon's torture happens simultaneous to the events in book 3, but we just don't see it, so I guess the showrunners wanted to show the process of Theon's torture instead of having him pop back up after being missing a season or two as this weak, deformed character.

Quote:
given the speed at which GRRM currently writes (he has one leg in the show as well), there's a good chance he'll do a splits like Jelena Jankovic and the series won't finish in eight straight years.

GRRM is so slow, apparently he's not even halfway done with TWoW yet But this is the same guy who said the fifth book would be out in a year's time and took 6 years to publish. If he doesn't finish by the end of the 5th season of the show, I won't keep watching, I'd rather wait instead of watching D&D run wild with their own version of the ending.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
She'll probably still be in Meereen in the seventh book And Theon's torture happens simultaneous to the events in book 3, but we just don't see it, so I guess the showrunners wanted to show the process of Theon's torture instead of having him pop back up after being missing a season or two as this weak, deformed character.
This is frustrating to hear. I just checked Meereen in the GoT world map and it looks only few miles away from Yunkai. If her story has to be a separate one and nothing to do with the central one, she might just end up becoming the Dragon mother of Essos and end it there.

Real pity, because I wanted to see how she fares against some of the stalwart characters in Westeros, given its the interaction of these well-built characters I love the show for.

Quote:

GRRM is so slow, apparently he's not even halfway done with TWoW yet But this is the same guy who said the fifth book would be out in a year's time and took 6 years to publish. If he doesn't finish by the end of the 5th season of the show, I won't keep watching, I'd rather wait instead of watching D&D run wild with their own version of the ending.
I am halfway through book one, and I've realised D&D have taken a lot of liberties already, but somehow kept true to the core of the book, and the inner lives of the characters. But then I realize, its cause they had a written book to work from. How deep would they dig if they only had to work from plot lines, I dunno, given the petrifying history of screen adaptations.

however, the book is a happy read, given I'm seeing the scenes that were not included, and that keeps the experience fresh. What I hate is the faces of the actors and environment from the TV show are fixed even while reading the new scenes, and even while I read '14 year old Robb' in the book, I can't rid him off his beard!
Old 07-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #474
country flag Goliath

Goliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond reputeGoliath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What I hate is the faces of the actors and environment from the TV show are fixed even while reading the new scenes, and even while I read '14 year old Robb' in the book, I can't rid him off his beard!
This indeed is the hardest part. Getting rid of the background settings is difficult even when the book begs us to think something else.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #475

This one left me ing....

Any idea if we'll ever see Jaqen again? I sure wish Arya could pray to the Red God and change faces.

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 07-11-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #476

Until I found this one, that is

Here's the link of the site I bumped into:http://abookandashortlatte.wordpress...ge-r-r-martin/
Old 07-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #477
country flag Goliath

Trying to imagine Nadal talking to Xisca " You are my Khaleesi no? Without you, no moon and stars in my life, no?"

Though I think Murray is the best match of them all
Old 07-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #478
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Any idea if we'll ever see Jaqen again? I sure wish Arya could pray to the Red God and change faces.
There is some speculation among book fans that he has shown up again in the fourth book with his "new face" but the attractive Jaquen is gone
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #479
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

Where would everyone rate the acting of all the characters?

Joffery
Sansa
Varys
Petyr (little finger)
Tywin
Tyrion
Cersi
Jamie
Ygritte
Jon Snow
Cateyln
Robb
Arya
Bran
Danaerys
Theon
Davos
Stannis
Other?

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #480

Tywin (Charles Dance is seriously amazing!)
Joffrey (He's damned in real life after this role - and its a compliment)
Arya (Sprightly little squirrel and hope of the North!)
Tyrion (scene stealer - but lets not forget, he has a 'star' comic role already in the script)
Catelyn (she fits the bill of the tortured mother)
Varys (a minor role played to perfection, even his mildest expressions steal the scene)
Jorah Mormont (amazing voice! Saving grace of Essos storyline)
Baelish (I think his falsetto is a bit too much, but his "CHAOS IS A LADDER" monologue raised my hairends anyway)
Cersei (Bitch! Bitch! Bitch! Love her! The immediate scenes after Ned Stark's death are among my Cersei favorites)
Roose Bolton (Another amazing voice, and a restrained performer! I hope he has an important part next season)
Mance Rayder (most interesting guy left in the North)
Jaime (He's slowly become a saint after his explosive start in season 1)
Theon (I like how he played the sly traitor)
Jon Snow (Average acting; but his role is all "white" - next Lord of Castle Black(?))
Khaleesi (She was most interesting in season 1, when she got her existential lessons with Khal's death, but since she became queen of the hordes...)

Other interesting characters: Lady Olenna, Ramsay Snow, Yara Greyjoy, Pycelle, Jaquen H'qar, the Hound, Bronn, Lady Arryn,
Boring characters: Sansa, Shae, Melissandre, Stannis, Davos, Gendry, Margeary, Loras
Among the troika of Craster, Balon Greyjoy, and Walder Frey - I can't say whose more sickly!

I miss Ros.

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 07-12-2013 at 05:22 PM.