HBO game of thrones - anyone watching? - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #406
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HBO game of thrones - anyone watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Maybe Bran can control Daenerys or/and her dragons.
George martin should let Bran live, he is my last hope
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #407
country flag Nirjhor

Nirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was so disgusted. Hope Arya adds 2 names to her list, Walder Frey and Sir Bolton.

Was rooting for the Starks, now that they are gone I'm on the Dragon side, let's go Daenerys. Stannis doesn't count, don't like he's personality, too much of a weirdo. Plus, I don't like the Red sorceress.

Does George Martin have anything against the Starks? First Ned dies, then Winterfel is destroyed, then Rob and Catelyn die. All this while the main Lannisters are all alive, Casterly Rock is standing just fine. It seems it is the Starks that are taking all the beatings. Meanwhile the King Slayer safely makes it back to King's Landing. At least kill a fucking Lannister.
Same here.

Maybe George himself is a Lannister. That's why he hates Starks this much.

82 Titles Including 17 Grandslam, 23 Masters, 6 YEC and Counting.

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

The Greatest Player Ever to Play Tennis.
Nirjhor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #408
country flag Nirjhor

Nirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think this is not going to happen. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll just stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
George martin should let Bran live, he is my last hope
What about Arya?

Anyway, I'm still telling something.

***BIG SPOILERS AHEAD***
If you still want to see what I wrote then highlight the texts below.

1. I've heard that Lady Stoneheart(Lady Catelyn Stark becomes a Zombie next... will be named Lady Stoneheart. Probably this will be the cliffhanger of this season) will destroy most the Freys and the Lannisters. If you want to know more about her then go to this link.

2. Arya will be blind by the end of fourth season. But that will be a part of her plan.

3. The last battle will take place between Humans and White Walkers. Dragons will be used in this war because the dead only die in fire and with dragons, humans will win the war pretty easily. Daenerys will give controls of ther dragons to Tyrion, Jaime and Jon during the war.(So Jon will be the last 'Stark' standing? Hope not!)

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

Last edited by Nirjhor : 06-05-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #409
country flag Nirjhor

Just found this! Arya's reaction to The Rains of Castamere episode.

https://vine.co/v/b3XZMHmxzxh

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

Old 06-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #410
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Arya? another sad story
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #411
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Favourite characters now: Arya and the dudes from the Brotherhood without Banners. Hope they kick some ass soon.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #412
country flag Nirjhor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKrep View Post
Favourite characters now: Arya and the dudes from the Brotherhood without Banners. Hope they kick some ass soon.
They will!

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

Old 06-06-2013, 06:39 AM   #413
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Shit will hit the fan (literally ) for the red lions in the next few seasons.

I think Jaime is the only one (maybe Tommen idk) who doesn't really have major issues from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #414
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Started rewatching season 1 and I advise everyone to do so. You pick up on so many things that you didn't when you saw it the first time. And there's lots of little connections between seasons 2 and 3 and season 1. For example that straw thingy Catelyn was doing because of her daughters and that Rob's wife asked her about. She was doing one when Bran was in coma. Stuff like that.
It's also good to revive the hatred for the Kingslayer. Everyone seems to like him or tolerate him now just becuase of the Brianne thingy. Don't forget he pushed Bran, hired a criminal to kill him,....

Am sacred of watching Ned being decapitated again.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #415
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, this is brilliant! Really!!!

“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 06-09-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:58 AM   #416
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't forget he pushed Bran, hired a criminal to kill him,....
He didn't hire anyone to kill Bran. Joffrey overheard Robert saying how it was a shame that Bran was going to be a cripple for life and the kind thing to do would be to put him out of his misery. Despite how much of an asshole Robert was, Joffrey had this hyper desire to please him, so he hired the assassin to kill Bran. Somehow, he thought it would make his dad proud of him

Weak finale tonight.

Quote:
Quote:
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #417
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Haha! A warg dragon, that would be powerful

Well,*SPOILERS* ahead if you haven't seen the finale.

As I've said before, I was rather disappointed with the way season 3 had been handled, especially the pacing. The last two episodes were the only ones I found really good.

Of course the Red Wedding does not have such a great impact when you know it's going to happen... but still. It's always a shock, there's that great build up with Catelyn's wariness and her anguish when they start playing the Rains of Castamere... There's this horrible cruelty from G.R.R. Martin to play with the Stark characters and bring them so close to being reunited, only to separate them again (and he does this TWICE, with Arya/Robb/Catelyn and with Bran/Jon! What a bastard! )

And... OMG... This thing about killing Grey Wind and sewing his head onto Robb's body... Even when I know it's going to happen, it still horrifies me. I thought the way they showed it was good.

Unlike most people, there is no risk of me losing interest, because honestly, I always knew Robb was a poor leader and that his rebellion was doomed. I never really liked Robb, for me he has all the wrong Stark sides, he thinks he's a great man but he's only arrogant and rather stupid. Also, he does not have a POV in the books, so it's more difficult to grow attached to him.
I was more shocked that they killed Catelyn too. Catelyn sometimes gets on my nerves but I still like her, and I was sorry to see her meet such a horrible end.

I am rather a fan of Roose Bolton, I was happy to see him a little more. Also loved Tywin and his humiliation of Joffrey. The boy playing Joffrey is SO good as well...
I liked the scenes between the Hound and Arya. Also between Tyrion and Cersei, and Tyrion and Sansa. I liked most of the scenes actually.

And God, does Daenerys always provide for epic scenes and season finales. There is something really thrilling about Daenerys, how she is simultaneously so tiny and fragile, and so powerful and daring... kind and idealistic, but also really ruthless when you mess with her... And all those men around her who keep marvelling at the magic she can create. I find her very moving.

The one thing that caught me off guard was that I did not see the minutes run by, and therefore I absolutely did not expect the episode to end where it ended! I was convinced there were still about 10 more minutes at least! And I thought they would go further... if book readers see what I mean
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #418
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was so disgusted. Hope Arya adds 2 names to her list, Walder Frey and Sir Bolton.

Was rooting for the Starks, now that they are gone I'm on the Dragon side, let's go Daenerys. Stannis doesn't count, don't like he's personality, too much of a weirdo. Plus, I don't like the Red sorceress.

Does George Martin have anything against the Starks? First Ned dies, then Winterfel is destroyed, then Rob and Catelyn die. All this while the main Lannisters are all alive, Casterly Rock is standing just fine. It seems it is the Starks that are taking all the beatings. Meanwhile the King Slayer safely makes it back to King's Landing. At least kill a fucking Lannister.
Well, I keep telling you, people, but you won't listen

Martin plays with us by getting us attached to the Stark family at the beginning of the story. Then he tries to show us that we were wrong to believe the Stark were the true heroes, first by showing us that Tyrion is not evil, then that a character like Jaime for instance is not necessarily "evil" either, and that the Starks have not necessarily been that clever or perfect all the time... and then by killing most of the Starks just in case there are a few slow learners who still don't get it

Anyway, I don't really believe in the idea that "no character is safe" in GoT. Of course, having read the books, I know in advance what's going to happen for a few more seasons. But I've been sure for a long time that a certain number of characters were just NOT going to die.

But I think what's really clever about GRR Martin is not so much that he is not afraid of killing characters we love, and even those who seem to be the "heroes", but rather than he tricks you into believing that he has great plans for certain characters, only to kill them.

I know that was how I felt about Khal Drogo and Daenerys's baby. He makes you believe that Drogo is going to help her conquer her country, like a kind of unstoppable Attila... And her baby is supposed to be the "stallion" of whatever, blablabla... And then, poof, they're both gone in the blink of an eye and she's left with nothing.
Same thing about Ned Stark. Same thing about Robb. I did not get caught with Bran and Rickon, though (when Theon was supposed to have killed them), I was pretty sure he was not going to kill Bran just yet
Old 06-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #419
country flag Sophitia36

Also - sorry about multiple posts... But I was just thinking of something regarding the direwolves and how they mirror or even predict the Stark children's fates. I assume this is no groundbreaking theory but anyway

The first of the Stark children to lose her wolf is Sansa... And from that moment on, Sansa almost seems to have no Stark left in her. She is basically only a victim. I think it is very significant that her father kills the wolf himself. Ned does not realize it, but I think his killing Sansa's wolf prefigures the fact that he's leading her into a trap: marrying her off to the monster that is Joffrey, and leaving her completely helpless in the middle of the Lannisters.

Arya also loses her wolf very early, and yet she remains a Stark (maybe because the wolf lives on)... But like her wolf, she is a little lost and a little too wild. She may still be a Stark, but she seems to be a lost Stark.

Robb's wolf is very closely associated to him, and, especially in the book, you feel that he's doomed when he begins to stop trusting Grey Wind's instincts. I thought it was a shame that they did not show this in the series... Maybe they were afraid of spoiling the surprise. But in the book, I think his wife is afraid of Grey Wind. From the moment he marries this girl, he is doomed, and that is shown partly in the way she leads him away from trusting his direwolf. Grey Wind feels the danger as they arrive at the Frey's, but Robb does not listen to him and accepts to be parted from him. This leads them both to their deaths and the gruesome "reuniting" of their bodies by their enemies...

Bran is very different: he is pretty much always in tune with his wolf. He develops his "warg" abilities before the others, and he never ceases to be one with Summer. And I also have the feeling that Bran never ceases to be a Stark. He may be searching for his path, but he's not lost. He knows he has to go and look for an answer, and he follows his instincts.

I don't really know about Jon and Ghost... Certainly there is a long while when Ghost is away, and that coincides with Jon being a bit lost, too, as he has to deal with conflicted feelings while pretending to be a wildling but falling in love with Ygritte for real. But I did not pay enough attention to Jon's case.

As for Rickon, we hardly see him and his wolf... Maybe later.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #420
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
And I thought they would go further... if book readers see what I mean
I really wanted Lady Stoneheart

Quote:
Quote: