HBO game of thrones - anyone watching? - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #346
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HBO game of thrones - anyone watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Film Bolton is too robust, imo, and to overtly aggressive and not as evil. I liked the evil book Bolton better.

The Thorn Queen and Tywin's scene was made up for the film.

The most shocking thing to me was the red woman coming to get Gendry and taking him away. What? Major plot there. Aren't they having the child bastard anymore?

At the pace they are going, I don't see how they will get any further than the wedding at the Twins. A lot is going to be crammed into a very few episodes if they finish out the book.
This is my worry. Wasting time on filler (that is to say parts NOT in the book such as Mel taking away Gendry - how the f did she get there in the first place - it's a war zone!) and then mugging up the crucial parts of which there are many.

And John's love story is filler because the book focused more on his inner dialogue and his moral struggle, not some lovey-dovey shit.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 04:31 AM   #347
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
At the pace they are going, I don't see how they will get any further than the wedding at the Twins. A lot is going to be crammed into a very few episodes if they finish out the book.
This season only covers the first half of book two. They split ASoS into two seasons.

What I don't understand is how Melisandre came all the way out to find Gendry and yet somehow it didn't dawn on her, or no one told her that she was speaking to Ned Stark's missing daughter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #348
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
This is my worry. Wasting time on filler (that is to say parts NOT in the book such as Mel taking away Gendry - how the f did she get there in the first place - it's a war zone!) and then mugging up the crucial parts of which there are many.

And John's love story is filler because the book focused more on his inner dialogue and his moral struggle, not some lovey-dovey shit.
It is not filler, Edric Storm is a major part of the Stannis storyline but why create new characters when the audiance is emotionally invested already in Gendry? Both are just Robert's bastards afterall, Melissandre and Thoros communicating really connected the dots for the audiance who havent read the books, they see the lord of light is a major player in the story.

It was a great scene through and through, Melissandre got there by boat up the Trident obviously.

Jon's love story is not filler because his moral struggle was to betray the Night's watch or betray Ygritte and nothing else. It was never about his loyality to the rest of the wildlings or Mance Rayder.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #349
country flag Brick Top

Brick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond repute

Show is now slow, boring and without action. Similar to Fed this days.
Hewitt = Llegend
Iron STan = Saviour of tennis
Villains
Nadull - moonballer with zero talent
Ferrer - Talentless Vulture
Tomic - overrated mug who will never win anything big

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
Basically, Queerey is a disgrace to the human race.
Brick Top is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #350
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

As I said, Mel getting there is also inexplicable. I mean wtf. In the book you got the sense that the Riverlands were a barren wasteland where you don't go unless you want to be killed (and sexually abused (my first choice of word was censored) depending on gender).

Now Mel strolls into the hideout of these supposedly uncatchable outlaws like there's a sign in front of it . Apart from that it makes perfect sense.

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Old 05-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #351
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
It is not filler, Edric Storm is a major part of the Stannis storyline but why create new characters when the audiance is emotionally invested already in Gendry? Both are just Robert's bastards afterall, Melissandre and Thoros communicating really connected the dots for the audiance who havent read the books, they see the lord of light is a major player in the story.

It was a great scene through and through, Melissandre got there by boat up the Trident obviously.

Jon's love story is not filler because his moral struggle was to betray the Night's watch or betray Ygritte and nothing else. It was never about his loyality to the rest of the wildlings or Mance Rayder.
The whole -- I know you are still a black cloak, but you'll be true to your woman -- is just a crock and twists Snow's motivations in the end. In the book, she was never on to him -- so I have no idea how they will make that work with the scene to come. I have ideas, but I hope they aren't right.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #352
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
Show is now slow, boring and without action. Similar to Fed this days.
Come on, the last episode was pretty amazing. With a TV show you're never going to have the budget for Lord of the Rings-scale action, so they rely on the politics and backstabbing a lot, which makes for great viewing. One of the few genuinely smart shows on TV.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:09 AM   #353
country flag Looner

The book was never about epic battles, so it's normal for the show to be the same.

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Old 05-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #354
country flag PedroMarquess

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
I can't think of anything that would be more awful! Jon Snow knows nothing.
THEORY

He is the rightful heir to the throne
PedroMarquess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #355

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
The book was never about epic battles, so it's normal for the show to be the same.
Before GTO I was watching Spartacus and well, the battles scenes are something else in there, I think that here they pretend humans to remain humans.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #356
country flag Fed fordawin

Fed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond repute

Last couple of episodes were really tedious IMO. I'm not complaining about the lack of action, but about the poor writting. Many dialogues were cringe-worthy IMO, especially the ones with Shae (as usual), but also Ygritte and Robb.
Bran's story is not going anywhere.
And this season lacks a final purpose. I know it will finish with a bang but there's little to suggest that from the season so far, when you knew in season 2 that there would be a battle between Stannis and Lannisters. The tension built up, whereas in season 3 the event will happen just like that.
A shame because I thought episodes 3 to 5 were excellent, but the last 2 quite didn't do it for me.

Alchimists transform iron into gold. Boriiiiiing!
Movie-makers transform dreams into reality. Yeah, whatever...
El Tio transforms Dull into a multiple GS champion! Daaaaamn!

El Tio has the keys to weather, court speed, draw making, umpires' decisions and perception of time between points, top players' fatherhood, and my libido!

This signature is in no way ironic. Please don't ever let El Tio think that, for my sake!

Last edited by Fed fordawin : 05-13-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Fed fordawin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #357
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMarquess View Post
THEORY

He is the rightful heir to the throne
Not if Young Griff is real, he is older so his claim is stronger

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #358

They should just skip the red wedding, I don't want to see it
Old 05-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #359
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Are you kidding me? That's going to be the best part of the season. Really curious how they are going to depict that.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Not if Young Griff is real, he is older so his claim is stronger
He is related to Varys so he probably isn't lol, but then comes the history of the dragon with 3 heads and it gets confusing