Mens Tennis Forums banner

HBO game of thrones - anyone watching?

112K views 2K replies 180 participants last post by  Spectator75 
#1 ·
I love the books, and wondered whether anyone was watching the HBO series.

#43 ·
I thought Ned Stark's death was pretty bumming... to put it bluntly, he died without honour (he confessed crimes he didn't commit) and looking like a fool for believing they were going to let him walk.

#47 ·
well i was recommended to watch this series and now i'm up to date. i found the show overall quite average, and the characters uninteresting except for the imp and arya. it has great moments (visery getting hot gold melted on his face) but not enough to make a solid series. as for sean bean character being decapitated well he got what he deserved. he decapitated some poor boy just because he saw the white walkers so i felt no compassion for him whatsoever.

#50 ·
Love the series! I've actually started reading the books because of the show. This way I won't have to wait till next season.

#51 ·
Awesome premiere tonight :worship:

Ros is easily the most useless addition to the show though. I guess straight men and gay women (and bisexuals :)) probably love it, but I am not a fan of the actress or the character.

#53 ·
It started last night :D

Lots of new characters introduced, a little confusing for someone who hasn't read the books, but I just finished the third, so I knew all the newbies.

#55 ·
Lots of table setting but it's just good to be back in the show's world. We check in with all the characters and meet a few new ones, finally seeing the much discussed Stannis Baratheon. I must say, I thought Baelish was dead ther for a sec, thankfully not.

#56 ·
Great episode last night, could've done without the Ros scene :eek: and Theon :eek:

The actress who plays Arya is fantastic.

#58 · (Edited)
Casting has again been excellent, but I'm not too sure on Stannis personally. Melisandre though is perfect.

GRRM apparently directed the Blackwater episode (which also took up most of the season's budget :lol:) so that should be amazing.

Something which happens next season (if you've read book 3, you'll know what I mean) has the potential to be one of the great TV scenes if they do it right, which I'm sure they will.

#61 ·
:hearts:

jmjhb, your post may or may not be spoilery, I saw something and looked away quickly :lol: Can you not post spoilers please :)

Cute little nipper at the end of last night's eppy :eek::confused::explode:
By 'cute' surely you meant fucking gross and creepy?!

Joffrey is such a sadistic little shit. I can't wait till he dies.

#63 ·
I don't think I know anyone who cares about spoiler warnings regarding Joffrey's fate. He's so hated, the first question people ask when I introduce them to the show is "Joffrey dies soon, right?" :lol:

#69 ·
:lol:

Surprised HBO didn't submit Jack Gleeson for a supporting actor nomination at the Emmys, but submitted Kit Harrington who plays Jon Snow. No offense to Kit, but Jack's portrayal of Joffrey inspires so much hatred in people, it's absurd, and it's insane he didn't get chosen.

Speaking of Joffrey, that horrible, sadistic scene with the whores :scared:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.