HBO game of thrones - anyone watching? - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #241
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HBO game of thrones - anyone watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
*SPOILERS* Jaime's character also evolves towards something rather positive. By the end of book 1 you hate him with a passion, but now, he has become one of my favourite characters. He is very handsome, he is clever, and once you stop seeing him as "the evil Kingslayer" and you start seeing things from his own point of view, he is not really a bad person. He is quite ruthless when fighting his enemies and defending his own, that's true, but none of the characters in the books are 100% good.
Don't like Jaime's new found sainthood at all. Wish these characters were all black and white so one can enjoy it when they fall (the boy king being top of the list) and feel profound sadness when they fall (Ned Stark). These shades of grey complicate things
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #242
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Don't like Jaime's new found sainthood at all. Wish these characters were all black and white so one can enjoy it when they fall (the boy king being top of the list) and feel profound sadness when they fall (Ned Stark). These shades of grey complicate things
It's strange that you should love Game of Thrones because if there's one thing to love about these series, it is the complete absence of black-and-white characters (apart from maybe Joffrey... and the bastard of Bolton I guess).

*STILL SLIGHT SPOILERS*
Personally, I don't think Jaime becomes a "saint" at all, I only think that from the moment when he starts being a POV character, you begin to see him in a totally new light. It's not that he suddenly goes from "bad" to "good", it's just that the perspective changes, both on his future acts, and on his past acts. Then, of course, it's true that he does change, but I don't think he becomes "better", he only becomes more clever and stop being manipulated by other people. This I like very much.

In the same way, as soon as characters like Jaime (or later, Cersei) become POV characters, you stop seeing Ned as a saint, because suddenly you see his actions from the adverse point of view. I think that's one of the most fascinating aspects of the books.
Who knows if even Joffrey would have become somewhat likeable if he had been given some POV chapters as well?

Maybe those things appeal to me, because they reflect so well how, in reality, communities with different points of view will construct diametrically opposed visions of the same historical event.
You can see the same phenomenon in GoT, for instance, in relation to the "Kingslayer" nickname.
The Starks and many others see Jaime's killing of the Mad King as a vile act of treason: he killed the man he was sworn to protect. However, from Jaime's point of view, this is totally unfair: as far as he's concerned, he saved the people of King's Landing from the Mad King's folly and therefore should be regarded as a hero. And the others who look at him with disgust are just hypocrites, since they were very happy that he'd killed Aerys but pretended to be appalled...

Last edited by Sophitia36 : 04-04-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #243
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have a clue what accent they speak?

i loved the ep, no need to repet what u all said i totally agree

i miss jamie..i hope to see king Jeoffrey out of the Throne

i didnt read the books but i doubt the Starks will ever be united again..
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #244
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of good-evil, I find it hilarious how we later come to be better introduced to some characters in the Iron Island, were the moral code is so different that beeing good means something entirely else, kind of like among the Dothraki really. Khal Drogo and Victarion are heroes of their people and Victarion is very moral and religous that does horrible things because it is the right thing to do among Iron Islanders. Viking and mongol primitive moral code, the strong taking from the weak and so on and they have their own definition of evil (more like beeing unrespectful to traditions, beeing sneaky/stabbing in the back). Kind of like watching the series Vikings, were the heroes raid and kill innocent people.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:45 AM   #245
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Great show. Heard the books are even better. I might give them a go. I don't enjoy reading but there are exceptions and this might be one such case.
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #246
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

That Margeary is one smartass bitch, boy did she play to Jeoffrey's ego and sadistic sexuality in that scene in episode 2.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #247
country flag jmjhb

jmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond repute

Diana Rigg as the Queen of Thorns stole the show this week.

Singles rank: #110
Doubles rank: #31

Singles: W: Houston 2013, Montpellier 2014 F: Bucharest 2013, Kitzbühel 2012 SF: US Open 2011

Doubles (w/Goldenoldie): W: Le Gosier CH 2013 F AO 2014 SF: (w/Goldenoldie)

Other: W: WTC Dusseldorf 2012
jmjhb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #248
country flag cocrcici

cocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond repute

Yes,GOT rules.
Thiem
Summer is coming...
cocrcici is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #249
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
Does anyone have a clue what accent they speak?

i loved the ep, no need to repet what u all said i totally agree

i miss jamie..i hope to see king Jeoffrey out of the Throne

i didnt read the books but i doubt the Starks will ever be united again..

Most of the actors on the show are British . Rule, Britannia .
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #250
country flag superslam77

superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
did you guys forget that he had incest with his sister, threw that poor boy down the tower and made him a cripple,killed one of his own family to try to escape and the king yeah that wasn't too bad. the guy is just a serial killer and i...is it allowed to wish for death for these characters ? i hate the lannisters.

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:18 AM   #251
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

What an episode

Too fucking good from start to finish, aside from that random mess with Pod
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:39 AM   #252
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

Just got both season one and season two for my birthday!!!

I'm tempted to skip everything in life and watch GOT

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #253
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

anyone saw the ep this week?

i cant believe it...just cant

how on earth the show will go on without jamie having a hand????
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #254
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

I knew this would be the cliffhanger . And I don't like how they corrupted one of the few genuine innocent personalities from the book .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #255
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
anyone saw the ep this week?

i cant believe it...just cant

how on earth the show will go on without jamie having a hand????
You will see.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote