HBO game of thrones - anyone watching? - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #136
country flag seattletennisguy

seattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HBO game of thrones - anyone watching?

I just finished the 1st season. And something that confuses me. When did Bramm's father realize he'd pushed off that window ledge? The boy could never remember himself, so how did the father or mother come to know of it?
seattletennisguy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #137
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a while but isn't the first tip off the knife that the would be assassin uses?

Then, when Ned finds out about Robert's bastards and realises he was not the father of Cercei's children and that Jamie is, he puts two and two together.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #138
country flag seattletennisguy

seattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond reputeseattletennisguy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
It's been a while but isn't the first tip off the knife that the would be assassin uses?

Then, when Ned finds out about Robert's bastards and realises he was not the father of Cercei's children and that Jamie is, he puts two and two together.
Oh, I must've missed that knife-tip bit. And, was he the only one who knows about Jamie and his sister? Or, did he share that information with his wife?

I can't wait to dig into Season 2.
seattletennisguy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #139
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattletennisguy View Post
Oh, I must've missed that knife-tip bit. And, was he the only one who knows about Jamie and his sister? Or, did he share that information with his wife?

The assassin used a knife that Ned believed belonged to Tyrion. I'm having trouble remembering the specifics of it though.

She knows, though again, I can't remember exactly how.

Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks for you.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #140
country flag jmjhb

jmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I read Ciaran Hinds joined the cast as Mance Rayder
Excellent casting once again. I prefer him over Dominic West, who reportedly rejected the role as it would have meant he'd have been away from his family for too long.

Singles rank: #110
Doubles rank: #31

Singles: W: Houston 2013, Montpellier 2014 F: Bucharest 2013, Kitzbühel 2012 SF: US Open 2011

Doubles (w/Goldenoldie): W: Le Gosier CH 2013 F AO 2014 SF: (w/Goldenoldie)

Other: W: WTC Dusseldorf 2012
jmjhb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #141
country flag jmjhb

jmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The previous Hand (Jon) along with Stannis knew.

Singles rank: #110
Doubles rank: #31

Singles: W: Houston 2013, Montpellier 2014 F: Bucharest 2013, Kitzbühel 2012 SF: US Open 2011

Doubles (w/Goldenoldie): W: Le Gosier CH 2013 F AO 2014 SF: (w/Goldenoldie)

Other: W: WTC Dusseldorf 2012
jmjhb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #142
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just finished the 1st season. And something that confuses me. When did Bramm's father realize he'd pushed off that window ledge? The boy could never remember himself, so how did the father or mother come to know of it?
This may contain spoilers for those who haven't seen/read the series.

I'm reading the books (can't watch the tv series). The boy was a fantastic climber so the first suspicion of his mother was the fall itself. She figured that there's no way her son would have fallen by accident. Later, the knife confirmed the suspicion.
The fall left the boy in a coma for a while. He was attacked again. After that second attack, the mother & co realised that the knife used in this second murder attempt belongs to Tyrion Lannister. That second attack confirmed that the fall wasn't an accident and that the Lannisters are behind it.

The fact that Eddard Stark knew about Jamie and his sister has to do with how the children look. Eddard Stark obviously knew about the illegitimate children of Robert Baratheon. His illegitimate children all, without exception, very much look like Robert whereas the children of his wife do not, not even a bit. So, from there comes the theory that those so-called "legitimate" children are not from Robert but from Cersei's own brother. Stark understood that this was the reason why the first Hand had died as well and he was foolish enough to talk about this theory to Cersei, saying that he would inform Robert.
Cersei started plotting the deaths of Roger and Eddard Stark.

Stannis also knew that the children are not his brother's so later on in the series, he writes a letter to inform everybody involved with the struggle for the thrones, that the Lannister boy on the throne isn't a real Baratheon so has no actual claim on the throne.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #143
country flag Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjhb View Post
Excellent casting once again. I prefer him over Dominic West, who reportedly rejected the role as it would have meant he'd have been away from his family for too long.
I didn't realise Dominic West turned it down Makes sense though, as he had his role in The Wire reduced for the same reason.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #144
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Cersei started plotting the deaths of Roger and Eddard Stark.
A Freudian slip, mayhaps?

Great summary though.
Why aren't you watching the show, if you don't mind me asking? Waiting or just like the books better?

Quote:
I didn't realise Dominic West turned it down Makes sense though, as he had his role in The Wire reduced for the same reason.
Imagine if Dominic West and Aidan Gillen came together for an HBO show again.
Harmless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #145
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't related to GoT...

Maya, are you actually on MTF?
Old 08-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #146
country flag Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless View Post

Imagine if Dominic West and Aidan Gillen came together for an HBO show again.

It's been great to see Wendell Pierce, Clarke Peters, Aidan Gillen and Michael K. Williams back on HBO already.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #147
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A Freudian slip, mayhaps?

Oops.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #148
country flag Steelq

Steelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjhb View Post
Dominic would have been a superior choice, a lot closer to Mance Rayder in age, and man that performance on The Wire was goatlike.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #149
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted James Purefoy for Mance, I loved him in Rome but Ciaran was great as well, such a good miniseries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #150
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
Why aren't you watching the show, if you don't mind me asking? Waiting or just like the books better?
Forgot to answer your question.

It's not on tv here and I don't feel like buying the DVD or search for it online when I have the books right here to keep me amused.