richest tennis player families - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #61
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: richest tennis player families

From what I heard, Marcelo Rios was a child of privilege and obviously very spoiled.
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #62
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre♥ View Post
Rafael Nadal's uncle is Miguel Angel Nadal, a former captain and defender of both Barcelona and the Spanish national team. He was one of best paid players in Spain and not only he had the money to sponsor his nephew, as he also had the interest, as he was himself a former tennis regional champion when he was a kid. I don't know if Rafa needed his uncle's help during his teenage years, but if he needed, I'm pretty sure his uncle gladly helped him financially.
Which is why I always found it odd that Nadal became a Real Madrid tard.

I mean Barcelona wasn't just one of the clubs of his uncle's. It was the career defining signature club of his. That's where he made his name and fame. The very name Nadal was synonymous with Barcelona until 2005. In fact it's kinda funny that not the tennis player Nadal but the footballer Nadal is already a GOAT (was part of Cruyff's legendary Barcelona squad a.k.a "dream team").

So I'm kinda taken aback by how Rafa decided to go against FC Barça & take the side of the archenemy Madrid. Must have been that old trout he loves to kiss, queen Sofia, who may have swayed Rafa. She must have given him a royal stiffy during a couple of their encounters and embraces. And so he ends up taking the queen's side of the clasico divide and turns his back on the team that gave him tennis life. Ungrateful bugger.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #63
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
Which is why I always found it odd that Nadal became a Real Madrid tard.
I read somewhere a long time ago that his dad and uncle didn't get along in those days so Sebastian put Rafa in Madrid shirts to spite Miguel Angel Of course later on you saw a lot of pictures of Rafa in Barcelona kits with his uncle, I think Rafa was a Barca fan until the first Galacticos and then he jumped on the celebrity bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:42 AM   #64
country flag BestOfTheHistori

BestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
The latest data I could find was from 2007 stating Ainars Gulbis is woth 14mil Lats, which is about 28mil dollars. One thing is clear - he is far from being in top3 of richest men in Latvia (is still in top100 though) and he is by no means billionaire, in fact even the richest man in Latvia is not billionaire.
Gulbis granddad was known basketball player but it was in USSR and noone was rich then. His other granddad was actor and so is his mom, but this is not hollywood, actors are not paid very well in Latvia.
What I want to say is - Gulbis family is rich by Latvian standart but not Richie Rich rich
That's rich but not rich enough to afford private jets.
Davis Cup Champion - 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011
Olympic Gold Medalist - 2008
ATP Weeks at No.1 - 141

23 > 10 = /thread
BestOfTheHistori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:37 AM   #65
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestOfTheHistori View Post
That's rich but not rich enough to afford private jets.
Exactly, that´s bullshit about Gulbis travelling with private jet, if people don´t see the sarcasm in this:

Gulbis on rumours that his father lends him his private jet to travel to tournaments: “Yes, and I have a helicopter, a submarine and a spaceship.”

Then I´m just sorry for those poor bastards
eze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #66
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tests View Post
anyone know the extent of girgor dimitrovs family?
Disclaimer: This is what I can remember from Dimitrov's board in MTF (Feel free to correct or add any factoid).

Grigor came from a middle class to lower middle class family. His father was (and is) a tennis coach his mother was a volleyball player. They had a small apartment and he practiced in a poor facilities (leaking roof and stuff). They had to seek for sponsor from family and friends so Grigor could travel during his junior years. They were struggling during his early junior years until he started winning and got sponsorship.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #67
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

its pegula´s by far. his dad is in forbes list

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote