Vasek Pospisil - Page 87 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #1291
country flag dancy_fan

dancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Well done Vasek,many more years ahead of you! And good luck next time!
dancy_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #1292
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
you know, im not the biggest fan of either vasek or milos and im not going to sit here and pretend that i am. However the amount of hate that those 2 posters have for these 2 young men is truly amazing. Im not really sure what one is worse at this point. I dont get the point of coming into a player forum just to bash said player

I told another poster in the marin cilic fan thread the same thing. If you all you are going to come into a thread to do is bash the player than dont come in here at all. We dont need guys like you in here anyway and they certainly dont need"fans" or whatever you want to call yourselves like you anyway.
Umm.. I can still be a fan of Milos and Vasek, and I still am, but still criticize them when they play like shit. That doesn't mean I'm a hater, that just means that I don't worship their asses, like so many other people in here. I like both Milos and Vasek, and I think they have potential, but you can't say that they're not mugs lately, when they clearly are. And I will probably get banned again, for saying my opinion in here, but whatevs. Being a realistic fan instead of an unrealistic always-praising fan is a bitch, but what can you do..

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #1293
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
Umm.. I can still be a fan of Milos and Vasek, and I still am, but still criticize them when they play like shit. That doesn't mean I'm a hater, that just means that I don't worship their asses, like so many other people in here. I like both Milos and Vasek, and I think they have potential, but you can't say that they're not mugs lately, when they clearly are. And I will probably get banned again, for saying my opinion in here, but whatevs. Being a realistic fan instead of an unrealistic always-praising fan is a bitch, but what can you do..
you certainly have a very weird way of showing your support . You claim to be a fan and yet you have easily been one of the harshest on them in this forum

No one in here is up their ass as you claim. A good fan is able to ride the good times and the best without being overly critical of them, which you are.

I have been saying for a while now that vasek has not been playing well. Obviously milos hasnt either but im still not going to come around and declare that vasek will forever be a journeyman like you have.

Fact is the kind of remarks regarding both have been not only unnecessary but down right stupid. You are no realistic fan
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #1294
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Fans don't celebrate when a player loses. You can criticize but celebrating a loss is not criticism

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:32 AM   #1295
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

How about everyone here put her/him on ignore and not quoting her/his post! S/He enjoys bragging so ignoring her/his posts is the best way to deal with this kind of poster. And seriously, why any of us want to read those posts which are neither productive nor informative.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:07 AM   #1296
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
How about everyone here put her/him on ignore and not quoting her/his post! S/He enjoys bragging so ignoring her/his posts is the best way to deal with this kind of poster. And seriously, why any of us want to read those posts which are neither productive nor informative.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #1297
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to discuss the Canadian players objectively, without kissing their asses, please use this thread: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=207548

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:49 AM   #1298
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, my.. this is too much.

Finally, first win of this season on tour level and he did it at the 6th match point.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:52 AM   #1299
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Really great win for Vashy! He had plenty of opportunities to let the nerves get to him and watch it slip away, but he kept fighting. So happy for him.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:09 AM   #1300
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
Really great win for Vashy! He had plenty of opportunities to let the nerves get to him and watch it slip away, but he kept fighting. So happy for him.
Totally. I still can't believe how he pulled it off after all those choking. Thought he would be able to finish it only on return by the way he just couldn't get first serves in when it mattered. So the overcooked FH on 6-3* after intense, long exchange almost convinced me that was that. He indeed loves playing in front of the home crowd, doesn't he?
Old 08-07-2012, 03:27 AM   #1301
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Totally. I still can't believe how he pulled it off after all those choking. Thought he would be able to finish it only on return by the way he just couldn't get first serves in when it mattered.
Yes, except that he kept missing returns on critical points too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
He indeed loves playing in front of the home crowd, doesn't he?
Sometimes I feel like the excitement gets to his brain like too much oxygen, but overall it certainly helped him. Nice comments to the crowd (in the on-court interview) for helping him win.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:19 AM   #1302
country flag shuhrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
Yes, except that he kept missing returns on critical points too.
Seppi wasn't serving well for his standards today, though I think on the two occasions that Vashy had 15-40 chances, one of them was no less at 5-4*, he was rather clutch.

Quote:
Sometimes I feel like the excitement gets to his brain like too much oxygen, but overall it certainly helped him. Nice comments to the crowd (in the on-court interview) for helping him win.
I see what you mean. Probably his extremely aggressive play is one evidence of that. Yeah, luckily it works in his favor more often than not so far, as you said.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #1303
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

The Vasek match was awesome. The crowd were just so willing to cheer. All I had to do was yell C'Mon Vasek and everyone started clapping and yelling it too.

Vasek almost choked it away but he came through. He deserved to win one, glad it was in front of the home crowd

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #1304
country flag Loveforty

Loveforty is on a distinguished road

Just saw the replay match. He did made a lot of mistakes, but he was also the one that was bossing around the court. It is normal that he plays better in Canada, if he could only take that home effectiveness and play like that somewhere else, would be perfect.
And, he still has so much room to improve, but from the last time I watched him play (somewhere around May in a challenge) he has improve a lot already.
Well, Fred, you have a lot of work to do with Vasek. Let´s see how he plays today against Monaco.

- - Milos Raonic - - - - - Tommy Haas - - - -
-
Marco Chiudinelli - Peter Polansky - - -
- -
Roger Federer - Michael Lammer- - - - -
- - - - - - - -
Vasek Pospisil - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
:-D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Loveforty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #1305
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

Its conceivable Vasek can win against Mugnaco. I can picture it out. He can use the homecrowd to his advantage and play a night match and play with a lot of momentum/inspiration and possible upset Monaco.
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote