Vasek Pospisil - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #91
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Glad that the rain let up today and he won the first match comfortably.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #92
country flag Emeraldhands

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute

Another nice win for Vasek, he gets Soeda in the Quarters, I think he has a pretty good chance of winning but this is his fourth Challenger Quarter of the year. Way beyond where I thought he would be at thsi point at the start of the year. I need to go and find out those predictions that I made at the start of the year and see how way off I was.
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #93
country flag Ravel

Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute

has it been confirmed? Somebody else said that Pospisil lost. I wouldn't jump the gun yet until we're sure
Ravel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #94
country flag letshavefun3

letshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond repute

So Vasek on his Twitter wrote that he won both the singles and doubles today so it's confirmed!
letshavefun3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #95
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by letshavefun3 View Post
So Vasek on his Twitter wrote that he won both the singles and doubles today so it's confirmed!
So this is Vashy's? http://twitter.com/#!/vasekpospisil

Yeah, I'm sure he won today. His name is on tomorrow's OOP as well.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #96
country flag Ravel

Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the confirmation That is great news.

Vasek is now the new Canada #4 currently projected #236, just two points ahead of Bester.
Ravel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #97
country flag shuhrat

@VasekPospisil: Great to see @J_A_Baker 's nipples through his white shirt tonight at the official tournament dinner. Choose a better one next time bud :P

@VasekPospisil: First round win here in Busan. Now off to the food court that I finally found after three days, damn I'm good... and sexy.

@VasekPospisil: Dubs at 10am tmrw, is that some kind of a sick joke? Hmmm, haven't been up in time for McDonalds breakfast since '08... thinkin about it

@VasekPospisil: You know something's up when the Korean lady says "chicken" to every type of meat you point at. I hope I didn't just have Lassie for dinner.

I knew he would rock Twitter as well.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #98
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
@VasekPospisil: Great to see @J_A_Baker 's nipples through his white shirt tonight at the official tournament dinner. Choose a better one next time bud :P

@VasekPospisil: First round win here in Busan. Now off to the food court that I finally found after three days, damn I'm good... and sexy.

@VasekPospisil: Dubs at 10am tmrw, is that some kind of a sick joke? Hmmm, haven't been up in time for McDonalds breakfast since '08... thinkin about it

@VasekPospisil: You know something's up when the Korean lady says "chicken" to every type of meat you point at. I hope I didn't just have Lassie for dinner.

I knew he would rock Twitter as well.
I'm not sure that last tweet is in very good taste.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #99
country flag shuhrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Does it sound nasty ?
Maybe it's because I couldn't catch the nuance of it well, but I don't take any his jokes too seriously.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #100
country flag shuhrat

Pospisil: You want me to sign your what? on Mon, 05/09/2011

Hi Everyone,

I am actually in Korea right now but this blog will be a quick summary of my trip in Mexico.

I spent a week there with Coach Fred and an interesting week it was. A bit of tennis here, some NHL radio playoff action there, a session of chest signing, and an order of food poisoning on the side. After all, you have to have food poisoning to really get the full Mexican experience so I made sure I was able to cross that off my list.

The single most frustrating thing about the week there was, without a doubt, our inability to watch an NHL playoff game. Sure, there were about 4-5 channels in the hotel that showed soccer where the commentators would scream "GOOOOAAALLL" for five minutes every time a player managed to put it past the goalie, but nothing, and I mean nothing, hockey related could be found! Of course, some of you might be thinking "Why didn’t they just watch it online?” If you're one of these people then clearly you have never been to Mexico and used the internet down there. Finding a good connection is about as likely as finding a gold nugget in your bowl of cereal, and then choking on it. It was, however, barely good enough to listen to NHL radio. We huddled close enough to Fred's computer that I could tell whether or not he showered after getting back to the hotel.

On my last day in Mexico I took a taxi to the club (alone) which, with all the stories you hear, was probably not the best idea a Pospisil ever had. But I gathered my courage and after sweating through my last good shirt on the way, I was surprisingly taken directly to the front door with a smile on the guy’s face after I underpaid him. Not quite the cab experience I was expecting. I wasn’t about to risk taking a cab twice in one day so I took the tournament limo transport on the way back. Yea, that's right, limo : ) Fred left the day before and he was generous enough to leave his upgraded Fred Express Limo (I photo-shopped the photo to make Fred better looking but the rest of it is intact) behind in Mexico for the tournament to use until it finished. He finally took my advice and upgraded the quality of his in-flight services. Champagne anyone?

Before I end this blog I need to come clean and talk a bit about one of the most interesting and disturbing autograph signing experiences of my career. Last week in Mexico, I signed a boob! But not the kind of boob you're thinking. Not the boob of a hot girl or someone’s mom. Heck, it wasn't even a boob of an 80 year old granny. Nope, it was a man-boob! What could be worse?! Actually it was a 14 year old boy. Let me explain before you start jumping to conclusions. After I finished my first round match I came off the court and signed a few routine autographs before some kid started begging me to sign his chest (he used a different word that is not appropriate for this blog but was very impressive vocabulary if you ask me). At first I thought it was some kind of a joke but soon, to my disappointment, I realized that if I didn’t do it, he would probably start bawling on the spot. I just stood there confused, but my doubles partner, Nick Monroe, walked by just in time so I immediately went to him for counselling. "Are you serious? Just sign it, ha-ha". Had he not given me the ok, I'm not sure I would have gone through with it, but just like that, 5 seconds later, I was a changed man. Possibly scarred for life by the event. Definitely not the way I imagined signing my first boob. Happy Gilmore is a few giant steps ahead of me in this field.

I will go see a psychiatrist now and send my next blog from Korea.

Don’t think you want me going into details of the food poisoning so I'll leave it at that and let you imagine how great that must have been.

Vashy

P.S. Big news, you can now follow me on twitter @VasekPospisil. Just don’t expect me to entertain you. Actually, don’t... don’t follow me.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #101
country flag Emeraldhands

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute

When I posted that he won, it was up on the ATP website
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #102
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
It's a joke
Old 05-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #103
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff from Vasek Hopefully he can keep it up against Soeda
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #104
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff from Vashy!

He is in the process of establishing himself as the 3rd best Canadian man. Although Peter is still ahead of him in the rankings, that is purely based on last year's results. (Hopefully Peter will find inspiration from the challenge to turn things around).
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #105
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

went down 2-6, 4-6 to go soeda
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote